Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - SKYPE - sPSCcon-Virtual - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

16ozBud

Post Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:50 am   Reply with quote         

Hello everyone.
16ozBud wants to arrange the next PSCcon.....
PSCcon earth or sPSCcon-Virtual
More on this in a moment - in brief anyone of us with Broadband and win2000 + or MAC X can come to this PSCcom FREE. We can have a gathering of up to 50 folks at the first
sPSCcon Virtual

FIRSTLY - Go to Skype.com and download skype then lets set a date, an hour and everyone get together - lets try to get 50 PSC friends in a conferance all at once - OK?

16ozBud

16ozBud

Post Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:56 am   Reply with quote         

This is what I wrote moments ago in the chat room.....

Anyone here download skype yet?

Skype kicks Royal Ass!
-------------------

Skype is an internet VoIP that routs all your phone calls through your computer or simply creates computer 2 computer voice emails or phone calls. You must have MAC X or XP and broadband. and this is what you can do.......

1.> Make a phone call from your computer to any where in the world - you can call other skype users FREE and even land lines or other cell phones at local rates.
2.> You can forward your incoming skype calls to another skype account or any land or cell phone number.
3.> YOU CAN CALL UP TO 50 PEOPLE AT ONCE! Party Time! - Yes the next PSCcom could be a virtual kickass, fuckyou in your face-show me the taint -so thats what you sound like P A R T Y! -
4> You can Bluetooth your cell phone to connect to your computer which then uses skype to call anywhere in the world skype-to-skype free! That means I can be out back BBQ'n (within bluetooth range of my skype - or someone elses skype) and use my cell phone to call folks around the globe simply to tell them all about my big hunk of burning hot meat - LIVE!
5> MSN now obsolete! skype has a better PM!
6>If you see other skype users online you can click there name and they can hear you (you cant hear them of course unless they click "yes" to answer your contact) That means If I feel a monster Fart coming on and see Ken, Dew or Blue on line skype I can drag their names into the conference area click on "call" and let that big one roar! out of no where they hear a monster fart. Then I quickly log off to remain anonymous of course.

16ozBud

The list goes on and on!

ScionShade

Post Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:58 am   Reply with quote         

splodge

Post Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:50 am   Reply with quote         

ok, you convinced me, dowloading skype now

Hallcross Toots
seamusoisin

Post Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:12 am   Reply with quote         

I had this program over a year ago, but could not convince ayone to buy a microphone. I have reloaded it as this should be a useful tool for us. If I can make a suggestion send your name to the people you want to talk to as a private message otherwise this will be a nightmare if you get your Skype address out there.

Great Idea !
:)

Cynn

Post Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:43 pm   Reply with quote         

HA, Bud.

The problem I've had with Skype and a Mac is that for some reason, the microphone portion of a headset never seems to work. The earphones work, just not the mic. I've tried two different brands, and contacted their technical support people and everything. It's kooky.

There was also a thing with trying to install the OSX version, but that could be fixed, now.

I'm not all that much of a phone person, so it's not really an issue for me, but it's a heads-up for other Macheads. Smile

splodge

Post Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:48 pm   Reply with quote         

that's ok, we dont talk to MAC users Razz

Hallcross Toots
bluefist
Site Moderator

Post Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Sounds like a nice idea...

Can't someone just dial in from their regular phone to a special number or something , once this is in progress.

I have a Mac at home w/OSX.....but I dunno if I wanna download any of this crap.

Plus, 50 people AT ONCE! People are gonna be talking all over each other, don'tcha think?

ScionShade

Post Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:01 pm   Reply with quote         

It won't be that bad,
I'm another whose mike don't work...
thre'll be more listeners than talkers---
We can just let Fugue ramble on, maybe do some
of his comedy act for us, then L@rue can sing for us.

splodge

Post Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:01 pm   Reply with quote         

only 4 can talk, you can have 48 on-line chating,(typing) click on the one you want to talk to

Hallcross Toots

Post Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:02 pm   Reply with quote         

I would do it if I had a pc better than the antique P.O.S. HP Pavilion windows 98 model I have.

Post Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:25 am   Reply with quote         

ok I'll do it .actually we should create a skype network , IMs suck big time

cowboy399

Post Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Cynn wrote:
HA, Bud.

The problem I've had with Skype and a Mac is that for some reason, the microphone portion of a headset never seems to work. The earphones work, just not the mic. I've tried two different brands, and contacted their technical support people and everything. It's kooky.

There was also a thing with trying to install the OSX version, but that could be fixed, now.

I'm not all that much of a phone person, so it's not really an issue for me, but it's a heads-up for other Macheads. Smile

I assume you are talking about an analog headset. The thing you have to realize about the Mac is it uses a non-standard mic plug. In order to use a standard analog headset you will need to find an plug adapter for the mic side of the headset. I don't know who sells these. The cheapest option is to use a real mac mic in combination with some headphones (either the headset you have now or one from a CD player, etc). I have done this and it works fine with Skype.

I personally use a Griffin iMic USB to analog adapter on my G5. You can plug any standard analog headset into it and it works fine. It's just a matter of setting the preferences to use the iMic. I had one of those laying around so that's why I use it.

A third option (and probably the best) is to buy a USB headset with an integrated microphone. I have heard Plantronics USB headsets work well with the Mac.

anonymoo

Post Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:26 am   Reply with quote         

i'm in, bud...but only if dirlo talks dirty to me in zhat zexy vrench monkie acczent, oui? Wink

Post Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:40 am   Reply with quote         

WHAT ABOUT TIME DIFFERENCES IN OTHER COUNTRIES SAY AUS..UK..US

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - SKYPE - sPSCcon-Virtual - Reply to topic