Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - PHOTOSHOP LIFESTYLE - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

mikey

Post Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:48 am   Reply with quote         

I joined PSC august 22, 2005" Cool I've been learning photoshop for 6 years before that, so I think finding this site was meant to be Very Happy My computer was down for a week recently and I thought" what am I gonna do Shocked I have'nt missed one contest since I joined Shocked To me" as someone that has been an artist for 30 years, this site is a prayer answered Very Happy I have learned much, met some great friends, have been blown away by the talent and creative genius idea's Shocked photoshop is my greatest joy at this time Cool I thank God for it Bow What a time to be living in! Cool gotta go now much chopping to do Wink Let's make 2006 the best year ever Very Happy Peace, love, and chop contentment to all Cool

Post Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:21 am   Reply with quote         

tabby275 wrote:
the typical photochopper is one no one but a fellow photochopper can understand. for me when I get in to what I call the "zone" I can sit for hours and work on a picture and not even realize time has gone by and there are times when you JUST GOTTA CHOP! Only a true photochopper will understand this and for that reason we all hear "how can you sit at that computer for so long" or something of the like. yes, indeed we are a true breed, strange yet oddly normal. so don't get discouraged and don't despair, there are those of us out there who understand Smile

I completely agree with this, I have been in a situation many times where i'll sit down, usually while i wait for my dinner to be microwaved (or usually right before I'm supposed to cook) and just you know relax check out the posts.

So I log on and i figure what the heck, i'll go and see who's in the lead today, maybe there are some good chops. I get logged in, look around and then i look up and there it is...
Calling me, the advantage button. I know I shouldn't click it, but there's always the possibility that the perfect image has been displayed. I click it and usually if I see one i like an idea hits me out of nowwhere. I open photoshop, and the next thing i know I look down at the clock in the corner it's 4.00am and I have to get up for work in a couple hours but I can't stop now, the pic is nearly done. Then it happens, it's reached "the first finished" Then I have to stare at it for a good 20 minutes and I see all my imperfections stareing back at me so I go back in and adjust, and clean, and then i save it and I post it again, and I star at it some more, and about the third or fourth round of this i decide if I don't go to bed I won't have enough energy for tommorrow's pic, (nevermind the job I have to go to ). So i go to bed, like it's christmas eve, the next morning, cause of course the chop i did lastnight is going up tommorrow. In the morning when my alarm goes up first thing I do is check my post, and then flip back and fourth between my portfolio thumb and the full size version, admireing my possible victor. Then I take a shower and get ready to leave, i go to the kitchen to warm up a little something to take to work, and find my now cold dinner from lastnight i forgot about still in the microwave.

I've noticed that the amount of time i spend being paranoid over the imperfections in each image are growing.... HELP ME LOL

Post Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:23 am   Reply with quote         

ok, it's now 5:23 am, i must sleep lol

TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:52 pm   Reply with quote         

{bump} I was looking for something else and restumbled across this thread.

dumbat

Post Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:57 am   Reply with quote         

i discovered psc about 19 days ago (well, i have posted 19 pics so it must be 19 days). i think my life was definitely lacking something as i'm a bit obsessive about chopping at the moment. my current job as a programmer doesn't often stretch me mentally (certainly not creatively) or fill my working day with stuff to do so photoshopping really makes a big difference to job satisfaction Very Happy

i just wish my screen faced directly away from the aisle through the office so i could work in a window bigger than about 2 square inches without worrying about passing managers Confused

so yes i photoshop when i can at work and then at home when my wife falls asleep mid-evening i get back to it until i can't keep my eyes open any longer

i love the challenge of thinking of an original idea and figuring out how to implement it. i've never subscribed to any websites before but this place is unbeatable value for money for me

many thanks to those who run this site!

dumbat

Post Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:43 am   Reply with quote         

Most people around me think that retouching photo is some lazy computer thing, almost a video game.For them spending the day home on a computer is insane.Real work is something else.because "oh I have a friend who knows photoshop too , he retouches the pics he shoots and prints them for his family, but that's not work".

In the way people see me as an artist wannabe and a lazy nerd, I guess I can call it a lifestyle.

armogeden

Post Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:26 am   Reply with quote         

i have to say i sympathise with everyone. im still in high school at the moment (i actually get some important results tomorrow) but all of my friends, gf, familly, gf's familly they all think im a geek. for me, it doesn't bother me, but i think some people may be put off by the stereotypes laid on them as soon as they say anything about photoshoping or spending time on a computer. the trouble is, unless you do it yourself you dont truely know the addiction it brings Cool . im definatelly glad i discovered ps about 2 years ago because if i hadn't then id be stuck in some boring IT job for the rest of my life, but now im gonna study graphic design and advertising at university and perhaps my life will be forfilled.

thankyou adobe

armogeden

Post Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:00 am   Reply with quote         

[i]A crazy life, to be sure, but at least I'm not Ledirlo!! [/i]

swallow your own poison you nutcase

GrampZ

Post Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:32 am   Reply with quote         

Hey.... all you bums GET BACK TO WORK!!!!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - PHOTOSHOP LIFESTYLE - Reply to topic