Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Team Competitions - read on - Reply to topic

Post Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:43 am   Reply with quote         

- Me and some fellow choppers were talking about wether a Ladder Based Team Chop Competition would take off on PSC. There would be 2-4 photochoppers per group and the group name would be placed on a Ladder rung. teams would compete to go in a head to head competition with the leading group. Different ladders for different levels of experienced teams. Teams would work their way up from the novice ladder to an advaced ladder. To eventually compete in an end of year team Head to Head, for the right to call yourselves the top team choppers of PSC.

input on the idea is welcome. I really hope there is interest in this. As I'd love to compete

Post Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:57 am   Reply with quote         

sure.

Post Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:53 am   Reply with quote         

Damn dont get time to chop the reg contest now days but good idea for sure, hope it takes of. Any teams looking for a part timer PM me when ya get this off the ground.

FootFungas

Post Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Sweet
Id do it

Post Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:13 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm not a team player. >_>

mikey

Post Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Sulphurous and burning, spitting out the Sun, the beginning of creation, of the chosen one, a window to the west, a blazing star above, in taurus we begin it, now the ladder has begun" Cool I did'nt write that" but it fits the topic Wink I like your idea" but is it do-able? Rolling Eyes

Post Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:09 am   Reply with quote         

Quoteing : "I like your idea" but is it do-able?"

I hope so, everyone I talked to seems to like it. i'd think the biggest thing would be figureing out how to start the ladder, but then agian if enough people are interested, within the first competition you just put teams on the ladder in the order they placed in the competition. Example: the team that got the most votes is on the top rung of the advanced ladder, the person that was next highest goes on the rung below that, and so on till you get to the novice ladder and from there the teams that didn't do so well compete to change their positions.

(I'm just baseing it off the Warcraft III ladders) Smile

Post Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:52 pm   Reply with quote         

bump...

Post Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:57 pm   Reply with quote         

in school, there was always one kid who did the work for the others in the group

Post Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:36 am   Reply with quote         

maybe each team member would do somthing different, and there would be multiple parts to the head-to-head team competition. each team would put together a portfolio based on a set of related originals. Each member would chop one picture and they would be judged together.

btw, this is also my intro post. Here I am... ok.

Post Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:25 am   Reply with quote         

welcome to PSC!

I like your idea that would be much easier for everyone to follow

HandToolUK

Post Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:33 am   Reply with quote         

Well we already have the Scavenger Hunts and the twice-yearly (I think) Head to Head tournament, but I see how this differs.

Maybe the Scavenger Hunt concept could be modified to allow the 'team vs team ladder' aspect of it, if there's enough support? I dunno. But as it is, with the Hunts and Head-to-Heads, I think adding another set of contests like this would be a bit too much at the moment...

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Team Competitions - read on - Reply to topic