Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Photoshop Duels? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

would you accept a duel?

yes

56%

56%

[ 13 ]

no

43%

43%

[ 10 ]

Total Votes: 23

HandToolUK

Post Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:38 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok, here's my serious reply to your post, jalfaro.

I think it was said earlier but - we used to have head-to-head competitions where a PSCer could challenge another, but they fell out of popularity ages ago. JMH (who runs the site) kept them around for a while but noone really used them, so eventually he stopped them.

I get the impression he's not going to bring them back anytime soon, cos the feedback didn't show any real demand for them. Most people here prefer just going for the daily contests, or competing in some of the sideline team contests (check some of the old threads and you'll see 'em) The closest we have to head-to-head format is a twice yearly Tournament.

As for what website you're talking about - I've no idea about it, but since you didn't name it or anything, that doesn't help!

And yes, we know you're new here. That's partly why people started dumping on you - see it from the other point of view: you're around at a site for ages and you know the place and its history, then some new character comes breezing in throwing his/her weight around. Of course you're gonna tear him/her off a strip! But it's mostly just for a laugh - if you settle down and play along everything'll be fine, and any serious suggestions you have will be debated here like normal (Ok, so "normal" might still mean you get snapped at sometimes, but I'm sure you can handle that! lol)

jalfaro

Post Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:40 pm   Reply with quote         

I havent received any bad reviews from anyone here, its all good. like I said before,Im new here.

arcaico

Post Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok, here's my serious reply to your post, jalfaro.

you can send your daughter or mom or any other female from your family, then we have a duel. Just remember the paper bag in case they're damn ugly.

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

kencd7

Post Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:50 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm STILL pissed at Mary Ashford...where's MY closure?

mason4300 09/22
I dont know why anyone thinks kencd7 is funny
jalfaro

Post Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:00 pm   Reply with quote         

thanks for the serious reply, all I wanted was some info- I didnt realize that by saying that I was a pro, I was actually trowing my weight around- I guess thats a no-no here.
the name of the site is called
photoshochallenge or thephotoshopchallenge and its not online yet- dont have any more info on it since its new-
but thanks again for the info! Very Happy
as far as everyone else goes, I like challenges, I enjoy competition, the better you are the better the competition. ON A COMPETITION- You can always grow from defeat, and if you are never defeated, then you can never grow. Albert Einstein once said "IF YOU ALWAYS DO WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS DONE, THEN YOU ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS GOT"
so what better way to grow your skills, but with a little competition against someone who can actually beat you? I work for a movie releasing company, making DVD covers, my boss is a lamo- that loves everything I do, im just looking for that extra-umph, you know? just fun. Wink

HandToolUK

Post Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Nothing wrong with coming on here and saying you're a pro - it's when people start with stuff like:

"I can beat all of you fagass wankin' little pussies any day of the f*in' YEAR with both hands tied behind my back AND while screwin' your mother, so bring IT ON, you stinkin' crotch-sniffers!" etc.

Or boasts to that effect. That's what tends to get people a tad knocked out of shape... Laughing

arcaico

Post Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:14 pm   Reply with quote         

yeah, what HTUK said...

or maybe because we're just not tolerant with arrogant pricks... specially untalented ones...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Post Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:22 pm   Reply with quote         

kencd7 wrote:
I hear you Jalfaro, I remember when I submitted a recipe for my savory banana chiffon cake to "Taste of Home's Going Bananas Bake off contest". And Mary Ashford of Fort Worth, Texas wrote.... and I quote "I liked it, but I felt it could have used a little more vanilla, 1 extra teaspoon did the trick for me"...Well Mary Ashford of Fort Worth, Texas....FUCK YOU!....YOU DON'T DESERVE TO SMELL MY SHIT!...I was just submitting recipes for FUN...MARY....that ok with you?...You "C"!....I saw YOUR recipe for peach tartlets......I WOULDN'T WIPE MY ASS WITH YOUR TARTLETS!.....YOU FUCK WITH THE BULL YOU GET THE HORNS...RIGHT IN YOUR FUCKIN TARTLETS!.
Wait til my recipe for "Zesty Chicken Wings" comes out BITCH!...YOU TELL MARY ASHFORD THAT ZESTY CHICKEN WINGS ARE COMIN....AND HELL"S COMIN WITH THEM!

Laughing maybe you are a bit more funny than you first appeared to be. Wink

Post Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:24 pm   Reply with quote         

jalfaro wrote:

so what if Im fourteen years old? bet you a dollar your over 30 and thats as far as your skills go.

I'm seventeen, and I'm not here because I am an Artěste

You're NOT forgiven,
and Ken. Zesty chicken is a damn hard nut to crack.

Post Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:27 pm   Reply with quote         

you're 17, Hk? Damn, I though you were in your 40's for some reason...maybe I'm thinking of someone else... Hmmm

Post Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:46 pm   Reply with quote         

jalfaro wrote:
so what if Im fourteen years old? bet you a dollar your over 30 and thats as far as your skills go. havent been around that long to be in the "reviews" shit after all I got homework to do and videogames to play-you old loosers

wait, now he's a 14-year-old? i thought he was the world's most gifted professional graphic designer. Did that idiot MickeyinSA get a new IP address?

jalfaro wrote:
]AND BY THE WAY, I RESPECT THOSE WHO BRING RESPECT WITH THEM-IF YOU'RE GONNA START SHIT, THEN THATS THE KIND OF RESPECT YOULL GET BACK.
ARCAICO, BLUE LURKER, VOLKWES,MASON4300, MY RESPECTS TO YALL BROS-DONT MIND THE COMPETITION or the sister sharing

what a wanker...you get put in your place, now you pretend it was just a joke and you're all buddy-buddy with everyone? no one here needs or wants your "respect." go have fun at that duel website you're half-assedly trying to plug. although your absence will leave a huge void on the last page of the contests you enter, i'm sure the handful of people who vote for you will recover somehow.

arcaico

Post Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:52 pm   Reply with quote         

crap... somehow I have to agree with the rodent... oh well..

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Post Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing

Post Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:34 pm   Reply with quote         

lol. PWNED by a hamster... Laughing

(Not just any hamster though. Our FH can really bite when he's riled... heh)

arcaico

Post Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:55 pm   Reply with quote         

i hate to admit, but fecal is either clever and arrogant to arrogant people. that's supposed to be a good thing.... guess i'll vote for him.

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Photoshop Duels? - Reply to topic