Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Update on Jan.. - Reply to topic

Patre

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:58 am   Reply with quote         

Blue Lurker advised me that he had received several PM inquiries concerning the status of our family and, in particular, of the health status of my wife, Jan.

I very much appreciate all of the concern, kindness and support offered by members of the PSC site.

I am not really sure how to approach the idea of an update on the status of Jan's health.She is currently in a hospice situation and only palliative support is being provided in order to help her and our family manage the changes that go along with handling the symptoms and effects of a disease for which there is no cure. We want to make every minute count, so we do our very best to love and support her through every trial and ordeal. We share quality family time enjoying each other's company and remembering the family history that often inspired our laughter, love and occasionally even tears.

Through it all, Jan continues to write a daily blog which keeps friends and extended family aware of her daily circumstances, feelings and state of health. Please feel free to view this blog at: http://whatsupwithjan.blogspot.com/

We feel blessed to experience the power of your prayers,kindness, concern and emotional support, and in return we wish for all of you life with its fullest measure of abundance and love.

Pat & Jan

EJH

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Pat, my heart goes out to you, Jan, and your family. Your outlook on life is inspiring.

gravyboat

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:52 pm   Reply with quote         

It's always awkward for me to know what to say to someone in your position Pat. I hope you find the will to be strong through it all. My prayers are on their way. Brady

The Closer you get to Canada the more things there are that wanna eat your horse.
blue_lurker

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Mate as I said before, keep the faith as only you can, and to you and Jan stay strong and enjoy life.

wendysmurfie

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Patre, even though i never met you or had a conversation with you i respect you very much. Reading your profile did a lot with me. You are a kind man with a heart of gold.
I am not religious but my thoughts are with you and your family. And i hope you can still have some precious moments together.

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:39 pm   Reply with quote         

May you and Jan (and all your friends and family) keep your hearts open during this very difficult time. I pray that everyone finds peace in this in their own way, and that your Love for each other will see you through to whatever the Universe has planned for you.

ReinIer

hacky

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Pat, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

nancers 02/01 @ 10:51 pm
hacky is funny :D
Queen La Tiff

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Patre, just know that you are loved...it sounds like Jan knows she is loved. In the end, that's all that really counts, it's the only message worth conveying, and, unlike the temporary things in this life, it's permanent. I'm not sure why the last mile has to be the hardest mile...

arcaico

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Same from Brazil Pat. Hope everything goes ok for you and yours.

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Michel

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Pat, life does brings all sorts of twists and turns that we don't always understand, but may you and Jan find peace in these moments.

I know a bit of your life philosophy and I have confidence that it will help you through these bumpy moments.

sage

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Pat, all my thoughts and well wishes go out to you and Jan. No doubt she is a very special person to put up with the likes of you. Bless you both.

Post Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:28 am   Reply with quote         

Pat, my heart goes out to you & Jan.
The best to you & your family.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Update on Jan.. - Reply to topic