Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Computer Problems - timing out when writing pm or forum entry - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

zorda

Post Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:00 pm   Reply with quote         

I keep timing out and having to re-login; is there any way to correct this?

janetdog

Post Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Type faster! Maybe you could type on wordpad, Then copy/paste.

Post Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:00 am   Reply with quote         

maybe it's a hint?

Post Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:12 pm   Reply with quote         

thanks janet, will have to use cut and paste. I can type very fast, but I'm an old lady who needs time to think before I speak...very unlike some of the people around here Laughing

zorda

Post Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:14 pm   Reply with quote         

[quote="Grefix"]maybe it's a hint?[/quote]

Like I was mentioning jeeeeeeeeez...some people's kids!

Procyon
Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:38 am   Reply with quote         

zorda wrote:
I keep timing out and having to re-login; is there any way to correct this?

try clearing your temporary files in your browser. then log in again and see.

Proc

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Yeah, I thought that would work too ...no go though.

maybe I'll try different browser.

thanks

dewdew

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
janetdog
Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:48 pm

Type faster! Maybe you could type on wordpad, Then copy/paste.

Type faster.... Surprised ....... Laughing Laughing That was funny as hell.

Grefix wrote:
maybe it's a hint?

I don't see this as being childish or typing before they think......it may be witty, sharp, quick thinker. It could be a lot of things .......or Maybe it's a hint. Laughing Laughing

Thinking before you speak is SO OVER-RATED.....besides everyone needs a little Comic Releif every now and then.

Use IE....i have used it for over a year on this site and never had any problems. Most don't like IE because it does not have the COOL ADD-ONS other browsers have, but it does not have the headaches FF and others do either. Cool

zorda

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Okay here's quick talking "Why the fuck is anyone talking to a stranger in this manner"? When I come for help with a problem, I don't expect to be hear from some smart assed S.O.B.; I want results!

I too use IE but the f*king this times out!

There now bugger off with your sassy fucking attitude. Everyone around here thinks you have to be sarcastic to be funny; maybe they shoud be practicing stand up comedy instead of photoshop?

How was that? fast...not caring about what I say and giving a shit who I maybe be talking to?

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:52 pm   Reply with quote         

*edit: nevermind

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Shocked i mean in no way to piss anyone off but... the responses i just read from all party's was hilarious (besides proc... his being the only helpful one)....
Laughing Laughing Laughing i hope your problem gets fixed but i don't recommend IE!!! to many updates to deal w/ just my op Wink

PSC is like a gang... i got beat in... if i leave... they'll beat me off!!!
dewdew

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:28 pm   Reply with quote         

zorda wrote:
Okay here's quick talking "Why the fuck is anyone talking to a stranger in this manner"? When I come for help with a problem, I don't expect to be hear from some smart assed S.O.B.; I want results!

I too use IE but the f*king this times out!

There now bugger off with your sassy fucking attitude. Everyone around here thinks you have to be sarcastic to be funny; maybe they shoud be practicing stand up comedy instead of photoshop?

How was that? fast...not caring about what I say and giving a shit who I maybe be talking to?

So....... Raising Brow .....i take it.... Huh.. ....you did'nt get the hint.... Doh!

Nice little blow-up you had there......I've had those......do you feel better now.......have you picked the shit up you threw in the floor...moved the monitor back to where it was...pried loose the stuck keys on the keyboard....unjammed you keyboard shelf from where you shoved it so hard it broke...If you have finished all of that.....and you can breath without your heart beating so hard you can feel it in your windpipe. Think about this: Your gettin along in the years...the ol'noggin is not what it use to be.....IT happens.

I'm going to help your OLD CRABBY ASS out.
1. If i have IE and you have IE, but yours is the only one "TIMING THE FUCK OUT". That gives me a HINT i could be on your end.
2. You did not state what BROWSER you were using so...i actually gave you a hint....as to one i use with no problems...get it no problems...which again brings me back to #1....see 3-->
3. Proc owns the site...and he gave you a HINT....did it work....You say no..but with the age and all...who knows if you actually remember if you done it. Now i'm sure he may know a few more tricks to try. That just being the easiest and most of the time, it works for the VERY FEW quirks that happen here.
4. Since i believe it to be TRUE that the problem is on YOUR side of the connection....i would say it's your cookie settings.....pop-up blocker ...internet connection thinking your IDLE...ahhhh hell lets face it ,it could be GOD just messing with ya....blowing up about nothing will get you a lot of help....matter of fact...it should start RAINING down on you any minute now.

Hope this helps....if not.... next time do like your connection does and TIME OUT.....If your skin is this thin.....you are just going to have a BLAST here.....ENJOY.

Now we could carry this to PM.....oohhhhh wait i forgot....your pm is F**CKED UPLaughing HA..HA.

You have a nice day. Hope you get that PM box fixed....vote whoring is important huh?.... Evil or Very Mad

zorda

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Yer a fking dick; you know it too! Asshole! Laughing

See that little funny yellow face following Asshole ? That's means someone is joking. I took Janet's answer to be civilized, although I could be wrong. At least it was a solution; a somewhat primitive solution but it works.

I am not thin skinned; I just don't understand why people have to be so damned rude...if it was meant to be a joke then they should indicate that it was. Otherwise, is a frikken insult from a perfect stranger.

I've had no popup blockers indicated on this site so that shouldn't be the problem. My browser is set to delete my cache every time I log off and it does. I even have done it manually to check to see if it is the problem. It is not. I've never run into a problem being disconnected for idle time at other sites. But I'm not sure what you mean by cookie setting. Do I have to set it to allow 3rd party cookies?

I wasn't choking or gasping or even mad for that matter...I was trying to make a point. You see that I never indicated anywhere that I was joking. How in hell is one to know otherwise? Especially if you don't know the person or have never had interaction with them enough to know when he or she is making a joke. Surely you see my point.

Thanks for your help

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:54 pm   Reply with quote         

guess i'll use a smiley next time

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
I am not thin skinned; I just don't understand why people have to be so damned rude...if it was meant to be a joke then they should indicate that it was. Otherwise, is a frikken insult from a perfect stranger.

I was never rude...show me where i was rude....See the words COMIC RELEIF....plus the laughing smileys in my first post....but again...you did not get the HINT.

Quote:
I've had no popup blockers indicated on this site so that shouldn't be the problem. My browser is set to delete my cache every time I log off and it does. I even have done it manually to check to see if it is the problem. It is not. I've never run into a problem being disconnected for idle time at other sites. But I'm not sure what you mean by cookie setting. Do I have to set it to allow 3rd party cookies?

DO YOU? ...not trying to be RUDE here but HINT:
The thing only has two settings. 1.allow 2. block.....try the f**cking other one. Damn, would that not answer your question for you.

Quote:
I wasn't choking or gasping or even mad for that matter...I was trying to make a point. You see that I never indicated anywhere that I was joking. How in hell is one to know otherwise? Especially if you don't know the person or have never had interaction with them enough to know when he or she is making a joke.

You was not trying to make a damn point. You have sit there with your PM timimng out...started a thead because your too lazy to try the OTHER setting...and did not get the answer you were hoping for so ...You just F**cking lost it....and i looked like the one to jump on. Laughing i might suck at photoshop...BUT i got the gift of GAB.. Mr. Green ..so we can do this for weeks.

All this over What?...TYPE FASTER...get the hint..... is that what done it?.....or was it me laughing about it?....and then you started thinking....you know Idea being RUDE would be a good way to bring up the rudeness at psc...OOOHHHH yeah, GOOD strategy....Hell you should be a f**cking four(4) star GENERAL...Shit Washington is lost with out your talent. I'm suprised the other GENERALS can wipe thier own ass with out you.

Simply being ADULT enought to repond with....i'm not good at hints.....or i'm typing as fast as i can...my fingers are bleeding...but i'm still having a problem. See that makes me say...the person seems to have a good sense of humour, maybe she does need some help. With that monkey rage shit you pulled out your SAD SACK....I'm thinking you NEED HELP....not PM help...but PMS help..or just a damn good psycologist in general. TRY MIDOL....it's cheaper.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Computer Problems - timing out when writing pm or forum entry - Reply to topic