Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - East Coast Meeting? - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:49 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm leaving for the Outer Banks North Carolina soon.
I was just wondering if a PSC meeting can happen? Very Happy

I know Joe (clonestamp trooper) live there, I rented a house 1 hour from his place. I sent PM last week... no news. It sounds he was not around here recently. Maybe a mod can give me his email address, he told me a couple of years ago to let him know when I'm coming in NC.
I also PM Stephen (Bill). No answer neither. Morganton is far but maybe we can find a place to take a beer in the middle of NC, just to make a shorter ride. I'll contact YerPalAl just right now, he's from Durham I think... not too far...

Is there other members close to the Outer Banks? Cool

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:13 am   Reply with quote         

Hey Claf there is a hurricane or tropical storm I think Helene or something like that zipping up the east coast. Be sure you're safe before you hit those outer banks. Unless you like being in the "eye" lol. Seriously. Do take care.

kinetic_be

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:32 am   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:
I'm leaving for the Outer Banks North Carolina soon.
I was just wondering if a PSC meeting can happen? Very Happy

I know Joe (clonestamp trooper) live there, I rented a house 1 hour from his place. I sent PM last week... no news. It sounds he was not around here recently. Maybe a mod can give me his email address, he told me a couple of years ago to let him know when I'm coming in NC.
I also PM Stephen (Bill). No answer neither. Morganton is far but maybe we can find a place to take a beer in the middle of NC, just to make a shorter ride. I'll contact YerPalAl just right now, he's from Durham I think... not too far...

Is there other members close to the Outer Banks? Cool

You lucky....
I was there in 1997.. beautufull.
Enjoy your holiday Claf Smile

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:51 am   Reply with quote         

If I was still living in NC I'd let ya crash with me!

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:52 am   Reply with quote         

manic_d wrote:
Hey Claf there is a hurricane or tropical storm I think Helene or something like that zipping up the east coast. Be sure you're safe before you hit those outer banks. Unless you like being in the "eye" lol. Seriously. Do take care.

You're talking about Hanna. It is right now too early to really know where the hell shit will happen. It will maybe go to Georgia or South Carolina, we'll see. I'm looking at it 2-3 times a day on this site: http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200808.html
Anyway, now it's getting very active in Atlantic Ocean. We'll have some action for sure. Look at this: http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/?index_region=at
I'm not really attracted to the "eye" but love good wind and huge waves. Cool

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:56 am   Reply with quote         

kinetic_be wrote:
You lucky....
I was there in 1997.. beautufull.
Enjoy your holiday Claf Smile

I was there too. I don't know if it was in August or September... only remember I arrived the day Lady Died di... or Lady Di di... or Dye Died... hmmm anyway... Laughing

kinetic_be

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:54 am   Reply with quote         

I was there in februari I believe.
We rented a RV in Atlanta and travelled to Charleston I believe and from there down to Florida, crossed to Pensacola (Alabama) and back up north to Atlanta.
Was pretty nice, I'd go again when I have the chance, but then I'd like to see Arizona and the Rockies Smile

Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:11 am   Reply with quote         

So... no news from Joe or Stephen.
I contacted Alan (YerPalAl) and we'll maybe meet.

There's also Hanna, Ike & Josephine are maybe coming to visit us. Shocked
It sounds we'll have a lot of action. Cool

We're leaving this Friday... Very Happy

MindGraph

Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:49 am   Reply with quote         

Crap! You may want to check things out. I live in Georgia and the path is looking very good for the outer banks. Our local weather is predicting to hit the Myrtle Beach area and go right up the coast. I'm sure there probably will be an evacuation on the outer banks. My parents are coming to our house and they are in Myrtle Beach and been told to evacuate.
Aside from all that if I had more time to plan it out I would definitely meet you out there. It's an extremely awkward place to meet as there are only a couple of places to get out there so even though I'm about 2.5 hrs from North Carolina it takes me about 6 to get out to the outer banks. Those who aren't familiar with the outer banks it is a cool piece of land that went to the coast and then did some more giant steps past it. It is the white line in the right of the pic.

here is a local link for you to watch the weather with. If you go make sure to spend some time at the sand dunes for me! (That's me there last year flying my kite).
http://www.nbcaugusta.com/news/georgia/27745824.html or this
http://weather.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/iwszone?Sites=:ncz103#t1
Also some webcams
http://www.visitob.com/outer_banks/trip/outer_banks_webcams.htm#

Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:30 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks Bob! Very Happy
You think that if the eye touch Myrtle Beach, they will ask to evacuate the Outer Banks? I thought the winds will slow down before Hatteras region... I heard a weather report yesterday evening and they were still uncertain if they expect heavy or light rain for the OB. So... thanks for the links... I'll check it few times today & tonight... heavy weather is so unpredictable... Cool

dewdew

Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:04 am   Reply with quote         

If it hits anywhere near Myrtle...it's going to get the outter Banks of NC for sure. Black Beard use to use the outter banks to hide and attack the British Ships. Maybe the storm will uncover some of the Queen Ann's Revenge. Cool I believe its there somewhere. Cool

MindGraph

Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:21 am   Reply with quote         

yes Claude what DD said. If the eye hits the Myrtle area the outer banks is usually next. There was a freak hurricane some time back that hit Charleston,SC and followed a river all the way up into Charlotte, NC. The river kept the hurricane alive to the point that 3 hrs inland people were out of power for 2 weeks. Very unpredictable stuff. Shocked

Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:36 am   Reply with quote         

MindGraph wrote:
There was a freak hurricane some time back that hit Charleston,SC and followed a river all the way up into Charlotte, NC. The river kept the hurricane alive to the point that 3 hrs inland people were out of power for 2 weeks. Very unpredictable stuff. Shocked

Owhhh! Shocked
Yes very unpredictable. Here's a good example... it can go anywhere...

Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:45 am   Reply with quote         

Hey... sharing a picture I took there... around 1990... before they moved the lighthouse...

Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:58 pm   Reply with quote         

The center of Hanna is projected to make landfall near the coastal South Carolina/North Carolina border or perhaps just east of there very early on Saturday morning...if it amounts to much.

And nice shot, Claf!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - East Coast Meeting? - Reply to topic