Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Four frackin' votes - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

mangochutney

Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:09 am   Reply with quote         

OK, so I did my best in September - to break ReyRey's 3-year-old record of "Most Votes In One Month" (1,821)

With 1818, I needed just four more votes. Seems to me that my big mistake was forgetting to enter two at the beginning of September. (there was one day when a blank white image got 8 votes, go figure, even I could have done that)

So, thanks to everyone who voted for my seemingly excessive number of entries, especially to those who voted for the art, and not for me.

And thanks for all the well-intentioned hints that I'd do better if I just entered one a day. (You know who you are...) I'm sorry but that wouldn't have worked.

But whew it's a recipe for burnout, and I applaud all the people who seem to reach almost the same total with one entry every second day.

Next time you see the same perverse behaviour you'll know that (a) I have a slack work month coming up, and (b) I'm aiming for the elusive 1822 votes again.

Ta all, it was fun.

Miss SS

Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:20 am   Reply with quote         

Well done for the effort thumleft thumleft ... although I am sure it would have been easier for you to deal with had you been miles off the record rather than just 4. Better luck next time... Wink

TheShaman

Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:27 am   Reply with quote         

So thats why!!! I was wondering why you were doing this... You had the month won ages ago...

only problem is ReyRey did that with what, like 15 to 20 entries max? I wish we could see exactly how many he did do that month. I'm sure it wasn't more than 1 per day so 30 tops.

took you 58... averaging about 31 votes per to accomplish nearly the same goal. Not bad, and don't mean to belittle your accomplishment... BUT had you done it with only 1 entry per day, I'd be the first to congratulate you on a very awesome month...

while 2 entries per day are allowed... (and I do love your work btw) it hardly seems worth slapping you on the back for all the votes associated with it.

but hey on the bright side... you can still compete for "Most Contest Entries Single User" held by Mikey! Laughing

cheers Mango! I hope you don't go into choppers block as you do come up with some really cool ideas.

Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:27 am   Reply with quote         

you are a great chopper ,i am sure you will break records one day, but the main thing is that you are here with PSC , also arcaico is chopping and anfa is there, infected came back,digital is back, MB is a sleep i think, so wake up MB, with all the new choppers this will be a great place again, the level is much higher also because of your works, so keep it up, i start also a bit chopping because its much more funn now, so go for your record , good luck

mangochutney

Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:40 am   Reply with quote         

Yep, ReyRey did it with 49 entries (average 37 votes per entry) He's awesome.

http://photoshopcontest.com/standings/2005-09/leaders.html

I'm NOT looking for congratulations - just felt I needed to explain the volume (Quantity vs Quality) of entries. You wouldn't believe the number of comments and private messages I got warning me off...

And honestly probably trolling for sympathy. I really didn't think I'd get anywhere near his record. But to miss it by 4... on my birthday...

TheShaman

Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:45 am   Reply with quote         

mangochutney wrote:

Shocked

WOW I completely retract my previous statement then. I searched everywhere for that info before I wrote out my blah blah blah. (in my typical laziness I guess I didn't search hard enough) and look at me with 38 that month Laughing back when I used to chop 2-a-day too Embarassed

I apologize Embarassed my bad, I didn't think ReyRey did that, and I've since stopped a long time ago to focus my energy on one average chop, instead of 2 carptacular ones.

with that... don't think anyone should hold a record for the month with more entries then days...
Just my personal opinion.

but since it is allowed, and I really couldn't care less...
I am sorry you missed it by only 4 and Happy Birthday! Laughing

Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:48 am   Reply with quote         

mangochutney wrote:

I'm NOT looking for congratulations - just felt I needed to explain the volume (Quantity vs Quality) of entries. You wouldn't believe the number of comments and private messages I got warning me off...

And honestly probably trolling for sympathy. I really didn't think I'd get anywhere near his record. But to miss it by 4... on my birthday...
happy birthday mate, enjoy it

kinetic_be

Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Let me start with wishing you a very happy birtday Mango.
Also I was wondering why you'd enter 2 images a day.
Candron and I thought you were doing it so Marco for once didn't win it (I was the last one who managed that in march, but that was just because he was sick a few days, so more like a bitter win for me, haha)

I noticed you struggled a few times receiving votes on a 2nd image, which was quite often just as good, if not better.
I guess it's up to the people to decide to give each person 'one vote' only, but that's against my principles. After all, I vote for the image and PSC allows everyone to upload multiple entries so there's nothing wrong with uploading multiple entries then.

Good luck next time when you go for a new record Smile

Tesore

Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Happy birthday Mango!
I don't have 4/5 votes for you... but I will give you 5 birthday candles... Wink

Good luck and have a nice day!!! Very Happy

dewdew

Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Happy b-day Mr. raiser...oohhh sorry wrong thread. Wink

Happy BIRTHDAY Mango, and many more..... Mad 4 votes...man, after all that work that has to be rough. Still thats some great chopping. IN Two months you could do what took me a year +. Shocked Razz
Not sure why ? you want to break a record...but hey, thats what they are FOR. Cool Everyone does things different...if they did'nt..we would be the BORG. Laughing

Kinetic.... Embarassed ......i only vote for one entry if someone has two. I have voted for both, but by mistake...or i did not see the second before voting for the first. I also don't vote unless i enter the contest. Some say i should because it shows i CARE..... Rolling Eyes .....i just don't think with all the whinning about the voting system and friendly voting that i should be involved, unless i'm actually INVLOVED. Still much respect for the ones that only vote for the work itself.

kinetic_be

Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:52 pm   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:
Kinetic.... Embarassed ......i only vote for one entry if someone has two. I have voted for both, but by mistake...or i did not see the second before voting for the first. I also don't vote unless i enter the contest. Some say i should because it shows i CARE..... Rolling Eyes .....i just don't think with all the whinning about the voting system and friendly voting that i should be involved, unless i'm actually INVLOVED. Still much respect for the ones that only vote for the work itself.

Hehe, that's ok Dew Smile
Everyone votes the way they like best.

Tonto

Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:24 pm   Reply with quote         

mangochutney wrote:

Next time I'm aiming for the elusive 1822 votes again.

plae face try alias to get extra votes

Luxwiz

Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Congratulations mango.Marathonic achievement,even if you didn't break the record.You can always try again next month Laughing ,however there is always the risk it could lead to chop burnout Sad .I use to do two chops a day a while back (once in a while) and it's a little stressful to say the least,specially over a prolonged period of time.Well done and HAPPY BIRTHDAY mate. Very Happy

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:08 pm   Reply with quote         

happy b-diddles Mango, and I worked out about half way through September thats what you were going for, damn close great try.

Never gone for that record myself my best in ratio to vvp to one entry a day is the month after Reys, for October 2005 I think, not a million miles away:

http://photoshopcontest.com/standings/2005-10/leaders.html

also I missed the final 3 days of the month, and have not been in much since, so you can blame me if you like Laughing

mangochutney

Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:13 pm   Reply with quote         

No, Tonto, no.

(I guess it was a possibility, but then I'd have to have done 10 more to qualify... )

Besides, I'm happy the way it worked out. Pure, clean, and without any back room scheming.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Four frackin' votes - Reply to topic