Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - PSC BIRTHDAY MESSAGE - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Kansas

Post Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Wow.. I came here in 2003. kind of didn't get it... Went away for a few years and in 2005 I got an invite to do the Green chair reunion contest. Something happened and I got hooked... I stayed for 12 and 14 hours a day being completely obsessed with the site and all of you for the next couple of years. You guys gave me a lesson in life, honesty, art, what's crap- what's good, resizing, uploading, friendship and much more.

One of the coolest things that came from this site is my job. Next coolest is the Don La Fontaine Tribute photos. Your artwork played in the background of the Screen actors guild in LA when they were honoring Don after he died.

I almost don't have the words to thank you all for being you...I learned something from every interaction I've had here. I think about you all often and miss you even more.

Amazing group of people you guys are~I will be forever grateful to each and everyone of you.

Kansas!

Post Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:23 pm   Reply with quote         

I wasn't going to reply to this because I felt my relative "newbieness" exempted me, but after reading some of the interesting testimonials. . . why not?
I enjoy taking photos of my kids and nature and a few years ago a friend built me a computer. I told him I wanted all the entire adobe package so I could do something I always dreamed of----- put someone in a different background (ooohh ahhh!) Unfortunately when I opened the program it was like reading chinese and I couldn't do it. I let it sit idly on my comp for about 2 years. Finally I tried again following various tutorials and doing basics. I fell in love with photoshop instantly when I learned about layers and what the hell i was doing.
Being competitive I thougth it would be fun to do some photoshop work in a contest of some sort. I stumbled across PSC and it looked cool. I lingered about a couple of days trying to grow some balls to enter in a contest. Finally I entered, what was my 1st chop ever http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/140288/blvd-of-broken-dreams.html I was a bit down because it did pretty poorly but remember how kind Candron was, and Seelcraft, and others. I worked even harder and submitted my 2nd chop and it did even worse. I thought I would never do well here against some of the greatest choppers but I made the goal to reach 20 votes, and then get on the 1st page of voting, and to place, and eventually to win. So many great people have taught me so much and encouraged me along the way. The PM's and positive comments have gone a long way towards my enjoyment of the sight and keep me coming back (you know who you all are Wink )
Sure there are things that could be better, but with the H2H coming up, the team challenge that just ended, and all the prize comps, I think things have been pretty exciting around here.

Happy B-day PSC!!!

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West
bigbuck

Post Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Synthvet

Post Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:43 pm   Reply with quote         

I found PSC by accident (late 2002 - early 2003) when I would google obscure words to see what images would come up (admit it, you've done it too... Laughing ..).....One day I discovered an image that was a PSC "chop" and that brought me here........for about a year I came here everyday to see some of the funniest stuff on the internet....... Laughing Laughing Laughing

then in January 2004 I decided to join and be part of the madness......I've never regretted it..........I think most will agree that this community tends to be more like family......It has never ceased to amaze me how the ppl at PSC come together in support of other members in time of need....... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Over the last five years I've had alot of laughs, learned from some of the best talent on the planet, and met alot of great people that I'm proud to call friends........the only part I regret is that my computer monitor is the closest I'll ever get to actually meeting most of you...... Sad

Happy Birthday PSC!!!!..... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

* joined January 2nd, 2004 *

dewdew

Post Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Tripped thru the door on June 1st 2007....some-one really should fix that welcome mat out front. Confused ....i think it hissed at me. Surprised

Happy B-day to the site....although, i did not get you a present...i did think about strippers and lap dances...because you know...it's the thought that counts. Twisted Evil Razz

What has PSC meant to me...ughhh...a few keyboards...one monitor...had to go to church twice for some of the things i said...i have had my mouth washed out with soap...i been cussed out, pissed on, kicked, slapped, drug thru the mud...stepped on, and bucked off.

Shit that was just to learn the eraser tool. Razz

No joking...wonderful site, with some talented and wonderful folks. Heres to many more b-days to come.

blue_lurker

Post Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:09 am   Reply with quote         

Come on guys only 2 days left to leave a birthday message, that means everyone new and old alike.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:29 pm   Reply with quote         

BUMP, come on people, there are loads of you out there needing to sign and document this b-day thread Smile come one come all Very Happy

gsenthil

Post Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:27 am   Reply with quote         

Happy Birthday PSC

Mir

Post Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:36 pm   Reply with quote         

28 Jun 2006 Was the day I joined PSC. I was still very new to photoshop and was browsing on the net for tutorials when I came across the site. I looked around for a few days than decided to put in an entry. Very poor result but still it was fun and with every new entry I gained confidence, experience, skills and a few more votes. Although I came very close quite a few times, my first win was on June 19, 2007. I had come a long way from a complete newbie to a winner in one year. I was trilled. I love this site because most of the time the people here are friendly and helpful and there is always so much to see and learn from. I have had some problems lately that have kept me from chopping because of lack of time but I always drop in to have a look at what's going on and to try and put in a few votes at least. I hope to be back chopping soon. Happy Birthday PSC, hang in there, the best is yet to come.

Post Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Happy Birthday PSC! Already 7 years!

In May 2005, I had a rare big break... about 1 month without work. One of my friend, one of the top photographer in town,
told me about PSC few months before. He said I can have fun & do good stuff on that site.
So when it turned very quiet, I clicked on the link he sent me. I became instantly addicted.
You know, I was just like some of you ... taking a walk in the park with babies & wife, looking at flowers...
...and thinking "what can I fuckin' chop for tomorrow's contest?"!

I don't know if I learned something here, but I hardly tested my creativity. That Is Big Fun!!
There's some very creative fellows here. Very inspiring! And at least, I hope my portfolio can inspire something to someone.
But over everything, I was surprised to see how the community here is great. I made some good friends... and met some of them.
That is a funny feeling to meet for the first time a guy like ReinMan that you consider in a certain way like an old friend.

Thanks PSC for the good time... and good laugh!

... oh and I forgot ... because of PSC, my English is getting somehow a little better ... thanks a lot!!

Very Happy

blue_lurker

Post Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Last chance people as today is PSC 7th Birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PSC

missrobin74

Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:54 am   Reply with quote         

hellooooooooo Smile

Ok, I'm posting before I read the other responses because a) Im typing on my phone, and b) I don't get a lot of chances to play these days with a 3 month old. But the strange thing is, I don't check in much any more, and I just happened in for this.

Happy Birthday PSC!!!!!
I can seriously say that PSC was there for me when I needed it. First, I started playing, then got more competitive, so it made me improve my skills when I needed them at work. But along the way I made some very cool friends, some I'm still friends with now, some I've hung out with in person, and at least one who helped me through one of the toughest times of my life. You know who you are Smile it's a great community full of awesome talent and personality, and lots of fun. I miss being here, and when I come back I feel like it's changed so much, and the talents have gotten so great I'd be intimidated coming back! (but I'd still love it). So yeah, I still keep coming back, and some day I hope to do contests again. I have a big place in my heart with a big PSC logo burned right in there!

xoxo
*much love*
MissRobin74 forever

Procyon
Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:49 am   Reply with quote         

And the day is here! Happy bday PSC!

Proc

Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:24 am   Reply with quote         

Happy birthday PSC! I've wasted many an hour with you when I should have been studying. Thanks! Smile

irishstu

Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:01 am   Reply with quote         

Happy birthday!

...currently experiencing some dysfunctional internal protocol problems.

http://diystrat.blogspot.com/

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - PSC BIRTHDAY MESSAGE - Reply to topic