Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - PSC BIRTHDAY MESSAGE - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

anfa

Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Hello Pat! Very Happy

mellowdesign

Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:45 pm   Reply with quote         

HAPPY BEE DAY PSC!

thumleft drunken bounce Hug cheers

Netwel

Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:23 pm   Reply with quote         

PSC, Happy Birthday.
The coolest site on the net, no doubt about that.

Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:55 pm   Reply with quote         

THX PSC HBD

ScionShade

Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:05 pm   Reply with quote         

Happy B-Day PSC.
I'm glad you're still here.

TofuTheGreat

Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:26 pm   Reply with quote         

IMHO Patre sums up the "PSC-experience" pretty well. Cool

Patre wrote:
...site members were very supportive in their comments, and no one ever suggested that I find another more constructive way to use my time. People I will probably never personally meet and many of whom whose real names I will never know connected with me and shared their experience,time, talent, energy and good will to "lift me up and help me be more than I could be...
Patre(Pat)

Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:27 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
Happy B-Day PSC.
I'm glad you're still here.

I joined just over a year ago and put together a small video of my work done here on PSC, and what I see is how much I have learned and improved.
I really love this site, great people, great minds and very inspirational.

LONG LIVE PSC Wink

Persuader

Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:34 pm   Reply with quote         

I think my English is too bad to find a lot to tell. But, I would like to say something:
It is cool - It is helpful - It is fun - It is challenging and
today it is the birthday child

hApPy BiRtHdAy PsC

anfa

Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Hello metalic! Very Happy

j-elzic

Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Hadn't been around in a while...just too damned lazy.

Have fun!

cafn8d

Post Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:08 am   Reply with quote         

I bet, when I was a newbie about 3 1/2 years ago (I joined July 2005), that no one thought I'd ever log off. Seriously. I was in Chat nearly 24/7 for a long long time. They couldn't get rid of me if they tried. The old Day Crew knows. And Nancers. And Splodge. And... well, you get the idea. Dang, I was annoying. But the residents before me did get used to me in spite of the irritation. And I did settle in, too.

Eventually, yes, LIFE happened anyway. And yes, certain nuances of the site and community changed (as is perhaps inevitable) that, well, made it less addictive to me than it had been. But PSC is, has always been (since I joined, anyway), and always will be "there" for me.

Far beyond the original attraction of a great place to learn and share image manipulation skills, PSC became a true network of supportive friends. From the illness and death of my mother two years ago to the birth of my child five months ago, my "virtual" friends here have seen me through the thick and thin of my "real" life. Some of my favorite people are ones I've never met in person. One of my fondest dreams is to pack up the family and travel around the world to meet them.

I'm still rather miserable with this cold, and my eyes are crossing as the generic Nyquil kicks in. I've always loved Patre's thoughtful writings, and his eloquent post in this thread truly resonates with me.

Thank you, PSC. Even if you are not exactly how you used to be and you won't always be exactly how you are now, I appreciate that you are always there for me, and always will be. I hope to continue, however (temporarily) limited, to be there for you, too. Happy Birthday! Hug

Post Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:58 am   Reply with quote         

Happy Birthday PSC!

I came here for the contests but I keep coming back for the people. When I first started, I entered contests and only lurked in chat. Eventually, I quit chopping but started participating in chat almost every day. What kept me coming back was the silly yet clever comedy that would come out of this place, both written and pictorial in nature. I enjoyed watching everybody poke good-natured fun (for the most part) at each other and invent utter nonsense out of thin air while drawing from and building on the lore of PSC. During this time, I also witnessed people supporting each other during low times in their lives and helping them celebrate the good times. I've tried to relate various PSC things to my family over the years, mainly the funny stuff. They listened, but for the most part I think they were just humoring me. They don't understand what PSC is. They think it's all about Photoshop and Gordonk...or at least that's probably what they thought until a couple of months ago...when they were personally introduced to one of the reasons I keep coming back.

nancers 04/05 @ 10:40 pm
I like beefhead. He's such a noob. Guide him someone, please?

nancers 04/06 @ 08:41 pm
Because you don't count beef. JMH decided that when you were a noob.

PooDeFuego 06/23 @ 03:32 pm
BEEF YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!!!
Dot

Location: Tacoma, WA since march 2010, born and raised in Belgium

Post Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:55 am   Reply with quote         

happy birthday psc!! You have been my first real internet addiction Smile And i know i'm not around much anymore but i'm still fond of a lot of the people around here. So thank you for being here..and a thanks to the mods and proc too for keeping this place running. And a special thanks to caf and blurk..cause i've always found them being the glue that keeps this place together sometimes. I can truely say this site has changed my life so thanks again and i hope psc will be around for lots of years to come.

rashdog
Site Moderator

Post Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:34 am   Reply with quote         

Doh! Late...

Anyhow...Happy birthday, PSC!

Thanks for being a place to let me be me.
Smile

dewdew

Post Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Procyon wrote:
And the day is here! Happy bday PSC!

Proc

Shocked .....that was deep Proc,.....real deep. Razz Cool Laughing

Twisted Evil i tried to stop myself....i swear...i really did. Bow Without you paying the light bills at the Asylum many of us would have to seek therapy else where. You ever tried chop'pin with a straight jacket on? ....it's a challange, thats for sure.

Anfa...stop being NICE...it's throwing me all off. Confused Your not signing on sober again are you?? Wink Cool

A big PUBLIC thanks to Mr.Patre...coming here as a noob i knew nothing about PS or what to look for when voting on a chop. Your comments are some of the best...i can say that i learned as much from reading your comments on EVERYONES entries, than many of the TUT'S i watched. Just finding the time to make the comments is something worth praise, so THANKS.

Shocked Embarassed Ooh shit...now i'm being nice....SEE...i told you Anfa being nice was throwing me all off. Razz

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - PSC BIRTHDAY MESSAGE - Reply to topic