Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - You think this is Banksy's work? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

anfa

Post Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:05 pm   Reply with quote         

He uses stencils to create his art. There are a lot of stencil artist out there with better technique(the French are well into it) but I wouldn't say they where Artists(with a capital A) because there work has nothing to say. It's all good though. I'd rather see that than a bare wall or a wall full of tags.

Paul Von Stetina

Post Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:13 pm   Reply with quote         

I love the idea of preworking an image and adding it in with spraypaint to baffle people into thinking you handpainted (or stencil) the image, plus the fact that you can do a hit and run without getting caught Twisted Evil

"never have so many people used so much stuff and taken so long to say so little."

Banksy

anfa

Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:09 pm   Reply with quote         

He has done a lot of pre prepared work before. I can remember he done a bridge in London with monkey posters he had stencilled.

dewdew

Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:51 pm   Reply with quote         

I saw a wall that had SUZIE SUX spray painted on it. BIG RED LETTERS TOO. I guess that (A)rtist had something to say. Laughing Would have been nice if he had left Suzie's number Twisted Evil

There use to be a very nice Bob Marley (maybe stenciled) on a train overpass near my home. The city covered it up after a few months. Who ever done it, they have artistic skills for sure.
What's sad is that if caught...he/she will go to jail. Resulting in what could quickly become the point in life for the young person, where they become a criminal instead of a ARTIST. Someone should send that kid to ART school not jail. No since in ruining a young life over something $10 of paint can cover.

Ooh..and i found out Suzie did not sux...but her sister WILL. Cool

anfa

Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:06 pm   Reply with quote         

When I read "SUZIE SUX" I immediately thought of Suzie Sioux from Suzie and the Banshees. A great band I was into in my younger days! Aaaahhhhhh!Smile

Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:11 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
When I read "SUZIE SUX" I immediately thought of Suzie Sioux from Suzie and the Banshees. A great band I was into in my younger days! Aaaahhhhhh!Smile

You meant Siouxsie & The Banshees? scratch

I like this one...

http://www.woostercollective.com/2008/08/banksys_road_trip_continues_takes_on_the.html

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - You think this is Banksy's work? - Reply to topic