Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - For the Record... - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:27 am   Reply with quote         

The Annual Reunion should precede the H2H...why? Last year's reunion comp produced record-high voting for all who participated...a real "FEEL GOOD KINDA COMP." And...because the H2H is long and drawn out; some ppl who lose in the early rounds also lose interest and leave...again.

RE: the scheduling of the H2H...why didn't you poll like this:
Jan/Feb
Mar/Apr
May/June
July/Aug
...etc.?
it would all fit on one post.

Lastly, I'm tired of pettiness. Vote withholding and sighs of anguish..."why do I bother?" carp when chops don't do well in an a comp. Hellllooooooooooooooo....anon comps are always undervoted.

And I'M SICK OF THE STUPID RATING SYSTEM.

Like me, hate me, or ignore me...these are my thoughts.

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:41 am   Reply with quote         

+1 for making sense in a angry tone while still keeping composure.

I'm with ya.

Synthvet

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:05 am   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
The Annual Reunion should precede the H2H...why? Last year's reunion comp produced record-high voting for all who participated...a real "FEEL GOOD KINDA COMP." And...because the H2H is long and drawn out; some ppl who lose in the early rounds also lose interest and leave...again.

Jan/Feb
Mar/Apr
May/June
July/Aug
...etc.?

Lastly, I'm tired of pettiness. Vote withholding and sighs of anguish..."why do I bother?" carp when chops don't do well in an a comp. Hellllooooooooooooooo....anon comps are always undervoted.

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!

Synthvet

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:16 am   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PotHed

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:40 am   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:

Yeah, thanks for the comment in my entry.

Apparently the current winning entry for the tower (mine) has a 2.0 rating. Awesome. I guess I lose points for not having an original idea. Okay, got it. And it isn't the cleanest chop I've ever done. Understood. But I don't even deserve an average rating (5.0). I don't even deserve HALF of an average rating (2.5)...?

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:10 am   Reply with quote         

I think someone is already working on the rating thing and is waiting for approval.

bigbuck

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:16 am   Reply with quote         

PotHed wrote:
Apparently the current winning entry for the tower (mine) has a 2.0 rating. Awesome. I guess I lose points for not having an original idea. Okay, got it. And it isn't the cleanest chop I've ever done. Understood. But I don't even deserve an average rating (5.0). I don't even deserve HALF of an average rating (2.5)...?

Don't worry about that.....I've got winners with a '1' rating. Laughing Laughing
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/133149/glass-bloom.html
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/145875/das-ende.html
All the more fun I reckon!

blue_lurker

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:37 am   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:

Jan/Feb
Mar/Apr
May/June
July/Aug
...etc.?

Hello Eve, to respond with regards to the polling, it was easy, Proc wants to hold 2 H2H contests a year so we sorta needed to months, was not planned this way but I assure you if I had of done it the other way some would have had a go at me for not doing individual dates, to many PMs and bullshit later Im over it, so as far as I am concerned sort it out yourselves. Like you, I don't know why I bother either cause all ya get is grief.

With the rating system and voting I stopped voting ages ago because of members bullshit and self imposed egos to many people have sucked the fun out of this place, and Im fed up trying to make it fun again. If people want this to be a hit and miss affair who am I to say other wise....enjoy.

Tesore

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:08 am   Reply with quote         

Eve +1

I loved the TC '08!!! and the TCM, no prizes, just a theme every friday and funnn: http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=8766&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

On my last winning entrie I had a 3.0 rating! Laughing

H2H once a year is enough for me.
And I stay till the end, Eve Wink

Heinlein

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:19 am   Reply with quote         

You are not alone Eve. There is way too much pettiness, and I believe ppl are leaving because of it. Just look at how many entries are posted before a comp opens. I remember when having advantage was an advantage in getting your entry posted early. It really doesn't matter now. There is only an average of maybe 6 or 7 entries before the contest opens. There really isn't much of a challenge on this site any longer.

I agree the Reunion contest should be thought about first. It was really fun last year.

TheShaman

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:20 am   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:

Lastly, I'm tired of pettiness. Vote withholding and sighs of anguish... why do I bother?

Boy, you've got the trifecta of problems with this site...
Pettiness stemmed from vote withholding leading to signs of anguish.

Vote withholding? Is that when someone doesn't EVER vote for someone? IE snubbing the person rather than their work... OR when they just don't vote for every single entry they make, but may vote every so often when they DO like what they've done... In other words, they vote for what they like, not whom they like. Which is the way it should be done. Its the art I like that should get my vote, not because someone I like posted.

as for anguish, think that goes hand in hand with working your tail off and having little or no result from said blood, sweat & tears. Just because some people don't do outlandish or strange surreal entries doesn't mean they didn't work hard or do a good job. Why this place went from funny and or realistic chops to "it has to be so flipping different and/or out there from the norm" to garnish votes is beyond me. Not my style, I don't like them, and they aren't getting my votes 8 times out of 10 regardless...

I guess when I'm asking 'why do I bother' it pertains to doing all this extra work. I know why I do it, because I like doing it and its satisfying to me. I just don't know why I bother doing the little things here like color correction and integration when no one takes the time to see it or even cares, because its not outlandish. Its subtle, and you actually have to take time to look and appreciate it. my 2˘

I find it very interesting who votes for who when no one knows who is who, if you smell what I'm cookin'.
So I'm with you on being sick of the B.S.

Eve wrote:
I agree 110% there as well.

Final Summation.
We all like to do well. Votes are what they are. If you live and die by these things, you're going to loose a lot of sleep at night. If you have a problem, talk to that person. PM them. If you put yourself in a category that not everyone cares for... like surrealism or macabre, or tripped out images, don't be surprised when you don't see my votes. I can't for the life of me think of anyone I've completely withheld votes from because of pettiness EVER on this site. I may not vote for every entry a person does, but when I like something it gets my vote, PERIOD.
The rating system IS extremely flawed AND stupid. It should be burned and never talked about again.

those are my thoughts.

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:48 am   Reply with quote         

For the record....

1. I'm gonna start an Eve worship cult. Who's with me? Razz

2. Blurker you DO make this place fun. If some take themselves and the site too seriously then fuck 'em. I learned that a couple months ago when I tried to take a break.

3. Am I seriously the only one left who couldn't give three shits about the ratings system? It's lame and has no bearing on anything. Kill it for the love of all things PSC. Wanting to vote on chops is one of the big reasons I got involved with PSC and banged out my first 10 chops.

4. Votes schmotes. Do your chops for feedback and improvement. If people wanna hold back their votes for pettiness reasons.... wellll....if you can't be adult enough to vote on a chop for the merit of the chop then I couldn't gives a shit. It's not like winning a PSC contest will suddenly change your life and have you suddenly shitting magic twinkies.

TheShaman

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:51 am   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
It's not like winning a PSC contest will suddenly change your life and have you suddenly shitting magic twinkies.

Amen Brother Fu

anfa

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:55 am   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:

I love you! Hug

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:56 am   Reply with quote         

Very Happy Laughing
i never understood the rating system

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - For the Record... - Reply to topic