Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - H2H 2009 - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Sjitske

Post Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Oooh I am a Alternative Laughing did sign up, but apperantly after no 129. Anyways all of you good luck! Wink

janetdog

Post Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:22 pm   Reply with quote         

billtvshow wrote:
By order of sign up (Alternates start at 129th sign up):
armogeden 8th alternate
janetdog 10th alternate

Sorry guys!

That's a load. If you were only taking 128, That's when the entries should have stopped. What happened to 8 rounds and 256? Why did it take 14 days after I signed up to get bumped?

It would be fair to let everyone compete. Then, Let the top scoring 64 winners advance.

Post Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:34 pm   Reply with quote         

itīs a head to head competition... thereīs no such thing as scores in it...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

janetdog

Post Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:50 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:

Too bad really, I half expected to be matched up against you.

Of Course there is a score. The best pictures get way more votes. The 64 top voted winners could advance.

Post Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:38 pm   Reply with quote         

janetdog wrote:
arcaico wrote:

Too bad really, I half expected to be matched up against you.

Of Course there is a score. The best pictures get way more votes. The 64 top voted winners could advance.

It still doesn't distinguish a "not too bad" chop from a masterpiece. Two masterpieces could face head to head and split the votes in half, while a poor entry vs a "not too bad" entry would get a lopsided vote. The "not too bad" entry would advance to round 2, while both the masterpieces failed to score high enough to make the cut of 64.

Try not to get too angry. I entered last year and didn't register soon enough either. But I still had fun voting each week.

dannyboyuk09

Post Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Yey I'm in (arent I?)

Best of luck to EVERYONE. Good luck to BlackFox my esteemed first round nemesis lol.

I'm excited I may pee, lol.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Looks like ill be heading to the Losers Lounge before Blurker! Seeing as im up against him this time round lol.

Good Luck mate...or should i just say that to myself?

Anyway....im glad the brackets are FINALLY up!

Also...im surprised that the 2 finalists from last year arent there in the brackets.

arcaico

Post Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Pearcinator wrote:
Looks like ill be heading to the Losers Lounge before Blurker! Seeing as im up against him this time round lol.

Good Luck mate...or should i just say that to myself?

Anyway....im glad the brackets are FINALLY up!

Also...im surprised that the 2 finalists from last year arent there in the brackets.

hell got a new job in a nearby town and won't be able to chop weekly... actually, it's been a while since he last chopped... I told him about the tourney, but he won't be able to make it this year...

vunt is still spending the money he won in the last tourney with hookers in amsterdam...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

cafn8d

Post Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:37 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
janetdog wrote:
arcaico wrote:

Too bad really, I half expected to be matched up against you....

...in a match between me and you, I'd have around 118 votes and you would have 2 (yours and your mom's)...

and if you wanted so bad to be matched against me, be happy... being out, you ... will save yourself from a public humiliation... face the facts... you're not and will never be a tenth the chopper I am... go play slots... at least you'll have a chance to win...

Twisted Evil Hey, you two! That sounds like Chopper Dome talk! Twisted Evil
But to be fair, your Chopper Dome death match should wait until after Arc chokes and is eliminated from the H2H. Wink

cafn8d

Post Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey, Deliandave! Best of luck to both of us! I hope we both turn in masterpieces and have a close match... But I do not want to lose another tie! Laughing

Post Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:18 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
vunt is still spending the money he won in the last tourney with hookers in amsterdam...

Are you serious? Surprised
That IS great! Wow... H2H is pretty cool! Cool

FootFungas

Post Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:23 pm   Reply with quote         

Fun, Fun, Fun.
I'm up against Finnish Flash.
Double F/Double F match up.
Awesome!

Post Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Who's making a bracket for everybody to fill out?

Post Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:46 am   Reply with quote         

Bracket. . .

It was really fun to fill this out and see what potential matchups could come up down the road. I see some espn instant classics on the horizon!!
Hard to pick yourself, but you got to have confidence right? I picked myself going a bit further then I probably should have (sorry arc!!).

Go check it out if you want to play. Just register make your picks. FUN FUN!

http://www.bracketmaker.com/tlist.cfm?tid=317404

I have a classic finish between Rey and Claf, but I really hope for some big upsets and some unknowns in the finish. Either way it will be awesome.

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West

Post Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:24 am   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:

SERIOUSLY, people. Can we step it up a little? Please? It's becoming a daily disappointment and, dare I say...a waste of time to even check the daily comps.
Sure...about 2 days out of 7 there's a few entries that are good. But the rest of the time...and I'm probably beating a horse that died a long time ago...all I see are chops devoid of inspiration, chops that look like it took some people all of 4 minutes to do. Medicore chops. Chops that, not too long ago would at BEST only get 10 votes...now those same chops are getting 30 and over.
There's a reason I still have over 20 votes leftover at the end of a comp...because, quite honestly...there's never much worth my vote.
Regardless of all the bitching and bickering and banning that goes on here...this is first and foremost a chopping site...with some of the most talented choppers anywhere.
What happened?

I have to agree with this.
It's quite an eye opener to contrast current competitions with those held 3, 4 and 5 years ago.
I believe some changes JMH made before his departure were well intentioned but ultimately had a negative effect.
No need to dwell on that though...
If you've followed the rumblings that started last month, there may be some real changes coming. Just not sure it will be for the best...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - H2H 2009 - Reply to topic