Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - H2H 2009 - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

arcaico

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:07 am   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
What's up, Arc. Very Happy
Although it's a good idea, those who signed up for the H2H knew what they were getting into.
2 days of choppin, 2 days of voting. As much as we'd all like an extra 2 days, it's not going to happen this year.

Improvements will be made for the next H2H.

as I said... I trust in you, STEPHEN, to talk to Proc and improve the tourney...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

nat_g31

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:11 am   Reply with quote         

Help me understand Arc. . .

We start the process all over again on monday?

mon
tues
chop
wed
thur
vote

wait until monday and do it again?

I thought we started our next chop on thursday and had 2 days to finish Confused

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West
arcaico

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:33 am   Reply with quote         

nat_g31 wrote:
Help me understand Arc. . .

We start the process all over again on monday?

mon
tues
chop
wed
thur
vote

wait until monday and do it again?

I thought we started our next chop on thursday and had 2 days to finish Confused

exactly Nathan... that's the way it is now (and apparently, the way it's gonna be if we don't mobilize to change it)

How it is:

Friday:
results will come out.

Saturday:
you wait

Sunday:
you wait

Monday:
they release the new source and can chop and post

Tuesday:
you chop and post

Wednesday:
you vote

Thursday:
you vote

Friday:
results come out, and again, you have to wait till next source is released on next monday

How I want it to be:

Friday:
results will come out. Next source is released.

Saturday:
you CHOP

Sunday:
you CHOP

Monday:
you can go on chopping and post

Tuesday:

Wednesday:
you vote

Thursday:
you vote

Friday:
results come out, and the next source is released, so you don't waste your weekend waiting for the source to be released on monday...

The only thing that will change, is you'll have 2 extra days to chop, and won't have to wait the whole weekend to work on the next round... the rest will be the same. Is that so confusing, to the point it will ruin the tourney if changed???

I'll PM each and everyone of you who posted in the tourney tomorrow, and ask about yer opinion about it. And then forward your opinion to the mod staff. I was informed they won't change it cause it would confuse the players... I can't see this as a confusion... i see it as an improvement (and the coders don't see ANY technical problems to change it).

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

supak0ma

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:23 am   Reply with quote         

although this can be done, i don't think it would raise the quality of the entries, which is what this change is all about if i understood correctly?

Dechene

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:12 am   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
although this can be done, i don't think it would raise the quality of the entries, which is what this change is all about if i understood correctly?

I think it makes sense, you have 4 days to work on the chop instead of 2. Most people work Mon to Fri so if they can get the source on a sat then that gives them more time to chop.
More time means hopefully more tweaks & better quality chops, no?

cafn8d

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:34 am   Reply with quote         

Since some ideas are being considered for next time (what happened to the idea of another H2H in the autumn? Do we really have to wait another whole year?!), my 2¢ goes for supporting Blue Lurker's campaign to get the H2H (and Reunion) on a set schedule. I really think that's the only possibility to actually help improve the quality of Round 1 chops for future tourneys. (Remember, people complained last year, too.)

There will always be people who complain they can make it any week BUT the one that's scheduled, and there will always be last-minute surprises in real Life taking up our chop-time. But if we all knew, for instance, that the H2H would start the first Monday of every March, the majority of us could truly plan ahead for it, and therefore MAKE time to create better entries... or at least SHOW UP. Rolling Eyes

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:54 am   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
Friday:

Saturday:
you CHOP

Sunday:
you CHOP

Monday:

Tuesday:

Wednesday:
you vote

Thursday:
you vote

Friday:
results come out, and the next source is released, so you don't waste your weekend waiting for the source to be released on monday...

Better.

blue_lurker

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:56 am   Reply with quote         

Dechene wrote:
supak0ma wrote:

I think it makes sense, you have 4 days to work on the chop instead of 2. Most people work Mon to Fri so if they can get the source on a sat then that gives them more time to chop.

And a lot of us have families that we like to spend time with on the weekends, not to mention separated families when the weekend is the only time they spend with there families. It was one of the main reasons not to have Major contests on the weekend in the first place.

Dechene

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:15 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
Dechene wrote:
supak0ma wrote:

And a lot of us have families that we like to spend time with on the weekends, not to mention separated families when the weekend is the only time they spend with there families. It was one of the main reasons not to have Major contests on the weekend in the first place.

Yeah I get that.

Sometimes time is against everyone, but I don't see how it could possibly be a bad thing to get the source up asap. Some may have the weekend off so will chop then, some will wait for monday.
Some will have the entire 4 days to tweak & play around with their entry, good luck to them.

2 days is a bit tight for me, I work 13hr shifts which doesn't leave much time for family let alone photoshop, I know that a 4 day chop period would improve the quality of my entry.

But I'm not complaining, everyone has different stuff to deal with, it's life!

splodge

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:32 am   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
arcaico wrote:
Friday:

Saturday:
you CHOP

Sunday:
you CHOP

Monday:

Tuesday:

Wednesday:
you vote

Thursday:
you vote

Friday:

Better.

that's how it was when it all started, i dond why it was changed, mybe going back to the old way would cut down on all the no shows too

Hallcross Toots
nat_g31

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:51 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks for the explanation Arc. At least you get a couple of quiet, peaceful days to drink some beers and celebrate your victory (or wallow in your defeat) before the next picture begins. In my case of a no-show opponent I have already started my victory drinking Smile

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West
Micose

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:55 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
arcaico wrote:
it would be great if the source for the next round could be released right after the results of the round, so we can chop in the weekend... (unlike last year, that we had to wait till monday to get the source and wasted the weekend waiting for the source release on monday...) I work till 8pm/9pm everyday and get home around 9pm/10pm everyday... eat, shower, rest, and BAM... no time for a relaxing chopping time... I say let us chop in the weekends. Hmmm

I gotta agree with the hispanic. Would be really cool to get the next source immediately after. IMHO This would practically ensure that the chops get progressively better throughout the rounds.

YES PLEASE. PUT IT on FRiday .THX

(and i only refer to arc as a mexican in the most loving way possible) Twisted Evil
Dechene

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:

I gotta agree with the hispanic. Would be really cool to get the next source immediately after. IMHO This would practically ensure that the chops get progressively better throughout the rounds.

(and i only refer to arc as a mexican in the most loving way possible) Twisted Evil

You didn't call him Mexican, you said he's panicking!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - H2H 2009 - Reply to topic