Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - H2H No Shows.... - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Granulated

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:53 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm truly truly gutted.

This is my first experience of a no-show and it hurts SOOO much more than losing. I spent a total of 7 hours on my entry (including a few false starts and abortions)

In future I would like to suggest a protocol for would-be 'no-shows' to inform their opponent and an admin ASAP. Preferably before the round starts.

yours pissed off,

andy Crying or Very sad

Granulated

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:00 pm   Reply with quote         

..and Mark seemingly got shafted even harder than me... his entry looks like it took 10+ hours

pakimo

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Same same as last year with me, a no show in the first round.
As it was in the challange in the forum.

Next year I'll take a photo of a cows ass and post it in the first round.
Laughing

Granulated

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:03 pm   Reply with quote         

the real shitter is that I had a really strong feeling that my opponent wouldn't bother after checking their profile.

GAH !!!!!!!!!!

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:09 pm   Reply with quote         

This H2H sucks.

Now on to other news...

HEY ANDY!!! Good to see ya back! Very Happy

Granulated

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:49 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
This H2H sucks.

Now on to other news...

HEY ANDY!!! Good to see ya back! Very Happy

Hi Steve Very Happy

kinetic_be

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:
I'm truly truly gutted.

This is my first experience of a no-show and it hurts SOOO much more than losing. I spent a total of 7 hours on my entry (including a few false starts and abortions)

In future I would like to suggest a protocol for would-be 'no-shows' to inform their opponent and an admin ASAP. Preferably before the round starts.

yours pissed off,

andy Crying or Very sad

I agree...
I'm pissed off because I signed up for the H2H, was too late (which is ok.. understandable) but emailed Proc to ask if I could be put on a backup-list in case of no-shows..

No reply..

The H2H is really something important here and a lot of members are looking forward to it, therefor I believe the managment could do some better arrangements and preparing on a more professional way towards this event.
I'm quite dissapointed...

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:04 pm   Reply with quote         

maybe an idea, next year? when comp opens thake a day more for opening and let other people in for comp,for those who has quit, than start the next day opening the H2H for votings, the second round most people stay, so problem solved

anfa

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:05 pm   Reply with quote         

Ride em outa town on a rail!

dewdew

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Shit, i was hoping for a no-show........ Shocked WHAT???
Winning is winning..... Razz
I had a no-show last year....and it was disappointing...UNTIL i found out, i advanced to the next round. bounce Then again..i'm simple like that. Smile

I saw many names in the line up i have never heard of. I don't chop everyday like before...so i took it, they were noobs or Aliases. Laughing
Now most of them end up no-shows. Doh!
There should be a "MUST BE THIS TALL TO RIDE" mark somewhere....a 50 or 100 chop minimum required to enter rule....SUM'Fin.

This year the idea came easy...Used day one as a MOCKUP....took day 2, to create what i just knew was going to be the CHOP of all CHOPS...(excluding Anfas robot). Signed in and saw Netwel's... Crying or Very sad Damn his talents. Twisted Evil Now i find out not even my opponent mis-understood what the chop was about. Laughing Laughing

Now i know how Picasso felt.... Razz

jerico

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:13 pm   Reply with quote         

hey all - I haven't been around here in a while, but I look forward to the H2H every year. I have to agree that there should be a confirmation email go out a week or so before the contest opens - if a reply isn't returned within a certain amount of time then someone else on the waiting list can get bumped in. It's bad that there were several matches where NEITHER contestant entered - what a waste of spots.

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:17 pm   Reply with quote         

i think the ones who didn't show up today , they lost anyway, but but but, its not fairplay, there were others who good fill there place and make this comp better

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:26 pm   Reply with quote         

jerico wrote:
hey all - I haven't been around here in a while, but I look forward to the H2H every year. I have to agree that there should be a confirmation email go out a week or so before the contest opens - if a reply isn't returned within a certain amount of time then someone else on the waiting list can get bumped in. It's bad that there were several matches where NEITHER contestant entered - what a waste of spots.

Nice idea having a confirmation email

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey Pakimo. Jorzza is a friend of mine and he was extremely busy. I warned him that he would be blacklisted from future tourneys but he was busy with uni and preparing to go on a 1-week camping trip.

I asked him to put something in anyway because nobody likes no-shows (and lets face it, we shun them) but it turns out he didnt.

Im apologising on behalf of Jorzza for being a no-show. I know the rules say that he will be blacklisted from future contests so i can only blame Jorzza for that.

glennhanna

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:41 pm   Reply with quote         

No show again! My second H2H, my second time wasting my time. The first H2H, I lost in the second round, so I have yet to defeat a real entry.

What about this:

The first-come first-serve policy for signing up needs to go away. If 150 people register for H2H, you take the top 128 PSC scores and give them a slot. I'm sorry, but it's not realistic that someone with an 11 PSC score is going to win. I'm guessing that these scores have the highest rate of no-shows.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - H2H No Shows.... - Reply to topic