Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - H2H No Shows.... - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

pakimo

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Pearcinator wrote:
Hey Pakimo. Jorzza is a friend of mine and he was extremely busy. I warned him that he would be blacklisted from future tourneys but he was busy with uni and preparing to go on a 1-week camping trip.

I asked him to put something in anyway because nobody likes no-shows (and lets face it, we shun them) but it turns out he didnt.

Im apologising on behalf of Jorzza for being a no-show. I know the rules say that he will be blacklisted from future contests so i can only blame Jorzza for that.
awwwe, shame he didn't give away his spot to someone who was willig to partisipate and didn't get a spot.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:
..and Mark seemingly got shafted even harder than me... his entry looks like it took 10+ hours

it sucks huh Andy Confused

this is my 3rd no show I had one in 3rd round 2007 from Brad but he had his reasons, fair enough.

2008, opening round from some old time return member that did not return Laughing highly annoying, and same this year.

I mean in the long run, I like having a good looking entry in my H2H section so I would never drop my level if I thought I would get a no show. But I really had my suspicions this year, and they proved right sadly.

It is a bugger, as so many stick comments regarding the easy progression on ya entry, when the work is there to see. The competition element is gone and its annoying for the entire week.

So hopefully with the changes due for the next H2H, this will be the last time this sort of thing happens.

cherylm329

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:36 pm   Reply with quote         

I am stunned, I didn't think their would be as many no shows as their are. Wholly, crap!

I feel bad for those of you who broke your arse on your entry for nothing Huh.. Hopefully, the next round with be well worth the sweat and tears. Very Happy

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:47 pm   Reply with quote         

There is no easy answer to this no show phenomenon. The fact that we didn't have a hard and fast start date when we opened up for sign ups didn't help imo.

The first H2H ever, and possibly the 2nd, I believe it was by invite only. I remember thinking I wouldn't WANT to be in the H2H because the competition and trash talking was so fierce. I wish I had saved some of that stuff.

Please feel free to post your ideas here, and we will certainly try and make some changes next time around. No matter what changes are made though, some of you will be unhappy and start another forum thread telling us why our changes are stupid. Razz

I also beat a no show this round, but I never make it past round 2 no matter what I do, so I figure if I get a no show next round, maybe I'll shatter my PR. Laughing

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:40 pm   Reply with quote         

I didn't know when it was starting, I got no email. Sad maybe next time do a thread that says H2H starts monday at .....

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:10 pm   Reply with quote         

I think we should slot people in that are willing and able to chop. I would have chopped that image in hopes of getting a slot, if that is possible to do from a mods end. I unfortunately did not read any of my emails to inform me of this but if I had signed up I would have been there. There should definitely be back-up choppers on hold in case of no shows...... my opinion.

TJ

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:02 pm   Reply with quote         

I didn't enter H2H because in the entry form, it states something that if you don't have the time, DO NOT enter. After seeing all the no shows makes me sick! I would have loved being apart of it.

I really like the idea that nancer put out "being invited" and Jordan's thought on chopping to get in........

I'm here to have fun, learn and meet great people and friends. PSC has done all that for me. Why can't we get though this one too?

I have never been apart of any H2H comps, but I will promise you I'll do my best to be there next time and will be there.

Best wishes and try to keep up the fun here!

Todd Wink

janetdog

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Why not try again? As it is, a few people will have no-shows in the second round. Call today a practice round and give it a go without the 28 or so that didn't show up. (stopped counting after 20)

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:38 pm   Reply with quote         

janetdog wrote:
Why not try again? As it is, a few people will have no-shows in the second round. Call today a practice round and give it a go without the 28 or so that didn't show up. (stopped counting after 20)

That would mean that the hard work everyone put in was for nothing.

annajon

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:36 am   Reply with quote         

I think it is very silly to say that you would not have given it your best shot, if you had known your opponent did not show up. That means you are only doing it for the praize and the points and not for the fun of photoshopping on an edge, which it is, when you joggle work and pleasure.

I do however think that people with more entries in their portfolio should be allowed to enter before people who only showed up a few weeks before H2H started. Sorry old guys who only show up for the H2H,.... Embarassed

And, we should have a definite accept the challenge message system, in the brackets perhaps??? -a week before the contest opens. Meaning everybody knows where the entry will have to go during the first round, plus there is still time for the contest mods to give somebody else a chance to play.

Don't work with conformation emails, just ad it to the bracket system, because then it is clear to everybody that the system works.

annajon

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:38 am   Reply with quote         

PS

I am at work now, so pm me if you are pissed off by what I wrote above, OK, in 12 hours I will be back to respond.

janetdog

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:14 am   Reply with quote         

TutorMe wrote:
janetdog wrote:

That would mean that the hard work everyone put in was for nothing.

I'm really really disappointed with all of this. Especially considering something could have been done in advance. It was discussed 30 different ways yet nothing was done.

Better than 20% no shows in the first round? Default no shows into the second round?

How is it that a commercial website called photoshopCONTEST could totally f up a contest?

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:28 am   Reply with quote         

Good god people, get real. Its for the most part a free web site, if you choose to buy advantage its your choice. But come on this is the only site I know off that runs contests at this scale and more than one different style of grand contests.

Yeah its got faults but what the hell did it cost you, a little time to chop a image, I for one say....

"Thank You PSC for having the H2H how ever flawed it is, its the only contest of it's type and thank you for all those that give up there FREE TIME to sort it and organise it."

Now come on lets just enjoy the H2H, either viewing or participating, we can fix the problems once this is over cant we?

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:46 am   Reply with quote         

janetdog wrote:
I'm really really disappointed with all of this. Especially considering something could have been done in advance. It was discussed 30 different ways yet nothing was done.

Better than 20% no shows in the first round? Default no shows into the second round?

How is it that a commercial website called photoshopCONTEST could totally f up a contest?

You can't just magically fix things with the click of a mouse. It takes time to come to a consensus. Then it has to be coded. The bugs have to be worked out. There's more to it, but that's the simplified version, because I have to be up in 5 hours for class. I've been up talking to people about the H2H and working on a new layout because this is my only "free" time.

For you to say we totally f'ed up, is not only wrong, but it's ignorant. Obviously not everyone sees what goes on "behind the scenes", but we don't sit around doing nothing.

Despite what most people think, we do care about what hapens at PSC, and we Do try to make things better. But you have to realize, bringing up new ideas a week or two before the contest opens doesn't give enough time.

This is the same way the H2H went last year, and then most people were happy just to have the H2H.

buglover

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:21 am   Reply with quote         

You can be happy that he was a No Show. With your crappy post your opponent would have beaten you by miles. Anybody knows that you have to place bugs. Ants?! How could you - nobody likes ants, they just crush them - every body loves bugs! I know! Razz

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - H2H No Shows.... - Reply to topic