Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - H2H No Shows.... - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Pearcinator

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:43 am   Reply with quote         

I agree with Blue Lurker! This website is the best one of its type. Im glad they even put in the time for the H2H. Whatever problems there may be can be fixed next year!

Why not everyone just sit back and have fun? We appreciate the efforts you put into it even though ur competitor didnt show. Just consider urselves lucky that you get a VIP pass to Round 2!

supak0ma

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:56 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
Good god people, get real. Its for the most part a free web site, if you choose to buy advantage its your choice. But come on this is the only site I know off that runs contests at this scale and more than one different style of grand contests.

Yeah its got faults but what the hell did it cost you, a little time to chop a image, I for one say....

"Thank You PSC for having the H2H how ever flawed it is, its the only contest of it's type and thank you for all those that give up there FREE TIME to sort it and organise it."

Now come on lets just enjoy the H2H, either viewing or participating, we can fix the problems once this is over cant we?

finally some sense, thank you blurk and tutor....if any of you took 2 seconds reading my posts stating that for this year NO CHANGES TO THE SYSTEM WERE POSSIBLE BECAUSE THERE WAS NO TIME TO IMPLEMENT THEM. Now, i would like to hear from billtvshow, he decided those unknowns should participate, if it were up to me i would have thrown them out to insert real and active members...where are you stephen? come take some of the shit we're taking for you!

janetdog

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:02 am   Reply with quote         

TutorMe wrote:
janetdog wrote:
I'm really really disappointed with all of this. Especially considering something could have been done in advance. It was discussed 30 different ways yet nothing was done.

Better than 20% no shows in the first round? Default no shows into the second round?

How is it that a commercial website called photoshopCONTEST could totally f up a contest?

For you to say we totally f'ed up, is not only wrong, but it's ignorant. Obviously not everyone sees what goes on "behind the scenes", but we don't sit around doing nothing.

jmh132 did it alone. In his spare time. The original server hosting PSC was recovered from a dumpster!

Ignorant? Do you really want to go there? Especially after another year of amateur hour?

I think you said it best yourself...
Quote:
This is the same way the H2H went last year

Yeah, It will get fixed. Just like last year

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:17 am   Reply with quote         

just went thru the contests for voting, and the amount of no shows is the biggest during the last 4 years I follow H2Hs. Seems like next years H2H will be way smaller due to so many banned people. For the first time I saw, that both parties have a no show, thats something new in H2H. As I think, that most of the no-shows are fresh members, it might be, that the consequence of a no-show (being banned next year) was not transportet clearly enough, so that a H2H-greenhorn could have read over it. No excuse at all, everybody has to inform well before signing into something. World is full with people, they clicked on a funny button in the web, and weeks later they receive an invoice for some service. Surprise! Maybe our boss here should install a $ 50,- fee for no shows next year, and give me a lifetime-advantage for this idea! Wink

blue_lurker

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:05 am   Reply with quote         

Well I guess the first round could be like the reunion contest, but make it anonymous, then the top 128, 64, how ever many choppers face off for round 2 and the contest runs as normal.

That way you are at least almost eliminate the no shows...maybe

glennhanna

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:02 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
Well I guess the first round could be like the reunion contest, but make it anonymous, then the top 128, 64, how ever many choppers face off for round 2 and the contest runs as normal.

Brilliant!...... the anonymous part might be hard to swallow.

buglover

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:42 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
Ja, that will be like the qualifying on motor racing! Will we get pit babes as well? Mr. Green

Can you imagine?

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:45 am   Reply with quote         

Hi all

I checked one of my inboxes and saw the email saying that the contest starts on Monday 6th, have been waiting ages for this so checked the list of entrants and found I'm not on there. I am assuming after reading the other posts that this is because I missed something earlier and was classed as a no-show. I just want to apologise for the person I was a no-show against, it would have been a pleasure to have competed with you and I am truly sorry that I missed this Sad

As people are making suggestions for other ways to run the contest here is mine. I think the problem is that i waited ages and ages for the contest to start with no idea when it would happen, then in the blink of an eye it started and were straight into the first round! What if we did a qualifying round first? This would be run like a normal daily contest with everyone submitting their entries individually for voting, we could give say 7 days for entires to be sent and then after voting put the top 75% through to the first head-2-head round, that way everyone in the head-2-head round would already be alert to the fact a contest is in progress and if they bothered to make the entry for the qualifying round then chances are they will not suddenly vanish when head-2-head rounds start.

Let me know what you think.

Macphisto.

Granulated

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:54 am   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
jerico wrote:
hey all - I haven't been around here in a while, but I look forward to the H2H every year. I have to agree that there should be a confirmation email go out a week or so before the contest opens - if a reply isn't returned within a certain amount of time then someone else on the waiting list can get bumped in. It's bad that there were several matches where NEITHER contestant entered - what a waste of spots.

Nice idea having a confirmation email

thanks Smile

Granulated

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:55 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:

That's pretty much exactly the same as an idea wot I 'ad !

rockyjob

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:01 am   Reply with quote         

janetdog wrote:
TutorMe wrote:
janetdog wrote:
I'm really really disappointed with all of this. Especially considering something could have been done in advance. It was discussed 30 different ways yet nothing was done.

Better than 20% no shows in the first round? Default no shows into the second round?

How is it that a commercial website called photoshopCONTEST could totally f up a contest?

For you to say we totally f'ed up, is not only wrong, but it's ignorant. Obviously not everyone sees what goes on "behind the scenes", but we don't sit around doing nothing.

jmh132 did it alone. In his spare time. The original server hosting PSC was recovered from a dumpster!

Ignorant? Do you really want to go there? Especially after another year of amateur hour?

I think you said it best yourself...
Quote:
This is the same way the H2H went last year

Yeah, It will get fixed. Just like last year

Ever looked up the meaning of ignorant? An ignorant person is one who ignores.. and thats basically what you're doing! If you think you can fix it yourself go ahead, but PLEASE stop complaining! Coding is something complex, that takes time. Over the years you've only brought trouble, and to be honest, it sucks to have an ignorant, arrogant jerk like you here with us, offending the mods, insulting other countries...

rockyjob

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:03 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:

Excellent idea!!

buglover

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:21 am   Reply with quote         

The great thing of a qualifying round would be that we wouldn't need the 10 images restriction any more. What means that we could do some outside psc advertisement to get some good choppers inside. Take some nice prices and spread up the word and H2H can become a great thing even outside of PSC. So at least I can battle some serious opponents Razz

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:37 am   Reply with quote         

rockyjob wrote:
janetdog wrote:
TutorMe wrote:
janetdog wrote:

Ignorant? Do you really want to go there?

Ever looked up the meaning of ignorant? An ignorant person is one who ignores.. and that's basically what you're doing! If you think you can fix it yourself go ahead, but PLEASE stop complaining! Coding is something complex, that takes time. Over the years you've only brought trouble, and to be honest, it sucks to have an ignorant, arrogant jerk like you here with us, offending the mods, insulting other countries...

Laughing Laughing
Yes! I totally agree!
This jerk is an ignorant. Seriously.
And he's the kind of ignorant who believes that what he thinks is always right...
I believe that when he opens his mouth, that stinks all the time...
Smile

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:44 am   Reply with quote         

... and also thanks for the ones (blue lurker, TutorMe ...) who brought some positive comments.
Very Happy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - H2H No Shows.... - Reply to topic