Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - H2H Rules - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

bneises

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Umm lets see. I like the idea. Right now I am taking extra time off work to do the chop during the week. If I started on Sat, I wouldn't dig into my vacation time... hahaha

I think we need to do this next year but, I'm not hard up to do it this year.

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:53 pm   Reply with quote         

good point there Arc, i agree

jccrowder

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Since this is a tournie, I "deny" changing the rules. I believe that the source should be released on the same day for all rounds. And since round one has already happened, I believe this is a great idea for next year. Not this one.

Which makes me very unpopular.

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:05 pm   Reply with quote         

I agree with the proposed change of days. Even though I find the time to chop no matter what day it is I have no objection to adding 2 more days. This would ensure that EVERYONE has MORE time to work on their masterpiece. I would like my opponent to not only show up, but to post their best stuff against me. Adding the extra time would help those that can only chop weekends and also those that can only chop week days. I think a change like, say, subtracting 1 day would be a negative. But this is positive and doesn't change the overall ending date of tournament.

Basically I agree with the idea of adding 2 days.

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West
Janfet

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:09 pm   Reply with quote         

I'd love to have the source on the weekend !

arcaico

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:12 pm   Reply with quote         

jccrowder wrote:
Since this is a tournie, I "deny" changing the rules. I believe that the source should be released on the same day for all rounds. And since round one has already happened, I believe this is a great idea for next year. Not this one.

not really mate. You won't be unpopular for having an opinion. Smile
Everyone has the right to give their opinion, whether it's in favour, or against the proposed change (addition would be more appropriate, once the change affects something that is not in the rules).

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

nyxxie

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
You know that any change we make midway would cause confusion to the players.

I agree with this one. You know a few players didn't even know where to find the contest or when the contest even started. I think releasing the image tomorrow will be catastrophic. There will be so many people that won't submit their images because they won't know about the change.

Next time might be better, not this time. However, I do like having the weekend free without having to stress out over an image. But then again, I work at home, so it's all gravy to me. But maybe those that work outside the home and actually have to get up early for work might like to chop better on the weekend. But then that would mean that round 3 would begin in the middle of the week. That's like non-stop chopping and voting. Maybe it's a bit too much. Maybe a break would be better.

Napalm32

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:21 pm   Reply with quote         

no problems for me

rockyjob

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:23 pm   Reply with quote         

nyxxie wrote:
Quote:

I agree with this one. You know a few players didn't even know where to find the contest or when the contest even started. I think releasing the image tomorrow will be catastrophic. There will be so many people that won't submit their images because they won't know about the change.

Next time might be better, not this time. However, I do like having the weekend free without having to stress out over an image. But then again, I work at home, so it's all gravy to me. But maybe those that work outside the home and actually have to get up early for work might like to chop better on the weekend. But then that would mean that round 3 would begin in the middle of the week. That's like non-stop chopping and voting. Maybe it's a bit too much. Maybe a break would be better.

There are no changes.... the submission days would be the same, and since everyone was informed about this, all in the tournament... Everyone will submit their images on the same day, not on friday.. Smile

arcaico

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:27 pm   Reply with quote         

nyxxie wrote:
Quote:

no nyxxie... you got confused (damn... people got confused) Wink the source would be released friday, but you'd still have till wednesday 8am to chop and post it. It wouldn't change the schedule of the tourney... it would only add the weekend to chop. You'd still have monday and tuesday to chop. This wouldn't change. The only change would be you'd see the source by friday, instead of monday. Hope this clarifies it.

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

blackfox

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:29 pm   Reply with quote         

You can't change the rules after the contest is started . . . to do so opens you up to changing the rules at any time in any contest. Change them for next time . . . everyone knew the rules going into the contest . . . no one said you HAD to join the contest.

All it would take is for one chopper to say "you changed the rules after they were binding and I'm seeking legal action for my inconvenience." People sue for hot coffee spillage and facebook changes. . . . why take a chance. . . leave the rules as they are.

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Great idea arc!! thumright

arcaico wrote:
jccrowder wrote:

not really mate. You won't be unpopular for having an opinion. Smile
Everyone has the right to give their opinion, whether it's in favour, or against the proposed change (addition would be more appropriate, once the change affects something that is not in the rules).
i agree again Arc with you

nyxxie

arcaico wrote:
nyxxie wrote:
Quote:

no nyxxie... you got confused (damn... people got confused) Wink the source would be released friday, but you'd still have till wednesday 8am to chop and post it. It wouldn't change the schedule of the tourney... it would only add the weekend to chop. You'd still have monday and tuesday to chop. This wouldn't change. The only change would be you'd see the source by friday, instead of monday. Hope this clarifies it.

Ohhh, I see. Well then, looks good to me. lol

CarlC

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:31 pm   Reply with quote         

I'll be out of town, but also will be out of the competition by then. Soundly defeated by thbeghin. LOL Do it!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - H2H Rules - Reply to topic