Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Site Events - Voice Your Opinion (part 1) - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

JORDAN792

Post Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:43 pm   Reply with quote         

I know it's been mentioned but if the question pops up here more than once then maybe it will get into the poll...

"Should we have two H2H's?"

Also, forgive me if this is already an annual thing but... "Should we have an annual team comp?"

Thats all I got right now

cafn8d

Post Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Yep, another one from me... (Rolling Eyes)

I don't know if Procyon would consider it, but I would like to see a return of the "JMH-era" Lifetime Advantage for ALL FOUR semi-finalists. I believe the possibility of that particular prize generated a lot more interest in the tournament. To cut down on headaches, Proc could easily state up front that the prize is non-transferable and/or allow a cash substitute for winners who already have Lifetime.

On a related tangent, if Procyon wants to avoid the possibility of having to deal with people trying to "transfer" their Lifetime Advantage memberships later on (ala Chopper), a "non-transferable" clause could easily be added to the PSC FAQ.

Back on topic, if a change in H2H Prizes might be considered, then I would like to see something like this on the survey:

PRIZES:
The current prize structure is
* Winner:
* Lifetime PSC Membership
* $100 via PayPal
* 2nd Place:
* $50 via PayPal
* Other:
* 3 Months PSC Advantage for all round 3 winners.

(A) Keep the SAME.

(B) Round 3 winners: 3 Months PSC Advantage (same as before)
PLUS:
3rd & 4th Place: Lifetime Advantage (NON-transferable)
2nd Place: Lifetime Advantage (NON-transferable) + $50 via PayPal
1st Place: Lifetime Advantage (Immediately transferable to PSCer of choice at time of prize delivery) + $100 via PayPal (I would add the "fine print" of: MAY NOT BE "SOLD," "AUCTIONED," "TRADED," OR RE-OFFERED AS A PRIZE IN A NEW CONTEST WITHOUT EXPRESS PERMISSION FROM THE ADMIN)

(C) Round 3 winners: NOTHING but bragging rights for getting that far
4th Place: Lifetime Advantage (NON-transferable) OR $50 via PayPal (in lieu of Lifetime)
3rd Place: Lifetime Advantage (NON-transferable) OR $50 via PayPal (in lieu of Lifetime)
2nd Place: Lifetime Advantage (NON-transferable) + $50 OR $100 (total) via PayPal (in lieu of Lifetime)
1st Place: Lifetime Advantage (Immediately transferable to PSCer of choice at time of prize delivery) + $100 via PayPal OR $150 (total) via PayPal (in lieu of Lifetime) (+ same "fine print" as above)

(D) Prizes? We don't need no stinking prizes! NO PRIZES!
--
Whether or not one of the prize schedules above is ever put into effect, would you "sacrifice" the prize of 3 Months Advantage for all Round 3 winners for more generous Semi-Finalist prizes?

(A) NO
(B) Yes, even for (B) above
(C) Yes, but only for prizes at least as good as (C) above
(D) Yes, we don't need no stinkin' prizes. NO PRIZES!

rockyjob

Post Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Should we update the home page to make special events (like the H2H and daily contests) more visible/attractive? If so what aspects should we change?
A) Yes, Remove the advantage calendar, and add a "Special event section"(slightly different from the news section; more attractive and interesting)

B) Yes,make the news button stand out/possibly red.

C) Changing/adding themes to attract more new-comers.

D) Adding a section on the top saying what the upcoming special event is.

E) All of the above

F) No, the home page is working perfectly and nothing needs to be changed.

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Good ones so far, and yes Starbucks drop down/multiple choices are easy to do. I can choose to limit it to only one answer or "select all that apply".

I'm thinking this thread should stay open for a week and then I will most likely lock it. I opened up a personal account today to do this (don't dare use my work account).

No, I'm not going to survey you guys to see how long I should keep this thread open... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:20 pm   Reply with quote         

JORDAN792 wrote:
"Should we have an annual team comp?"

Yes...we should.

Post Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:10 am   Reply with quote         

definitely...Showcase started the team comp. It's fun and only lasts a month.

Post Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:50 am   Reply with quote         

H2H:
Would you be willing to pay a $5 prize fee upon signing up for the contest to beef up the prize pool and decrease the amount of no-shows?

If an entry fee was put in place, should it be optional? Paying members would get priority on getting a slot, and would be playing for bonus prizes. Nonpaying members would get lessor priority on finding a slot in the tournament and would not be eligible for bonus prizes. Bonus prizes would vary depending on the amount of paid entrants.

annajon

Post Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:34 am   Reply with quote         

I would not pay for entering H2H

But I would like to see a contest where all participents get a medal, bronze for entering, silver for winning rounds, gold for finalists

I would much rather get a medal then a membership or a paypal prize. Don't ask why, it just has a better ring to it somehow.

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Bumping this up for the weekend folks. Last call for questions.

Survey is about 50% completed, I hope to have it ready next week.

I'll bump again on Monday for weekday people then be done with it so I can post the survey. I only paid for 1 month of the service, so I need to get it up quickly.

Any other questions, post them here!

Thanks for your input, the stuff I have so far is excellent, and I believe it is a good representation of what I've seen posted throughout the forum. Thanks for giving me the information I need to get input from the community.

Wow. I actually sounded nice there. Where's showcase? I need a dog to kick or something.
Laughing

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:39 pm   Reply with quote         

nancers wrote:

I'll bump again on Monday!

TMI! Razz

nancers wrote:

Wow. I actually sounded nice there. Where's showcase? I need a dog to kick or something.
Laughing

yeah, where is that dawg??

Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:12 pm   Reply with quote         

bump

Hallcross Toots
Synthvet

Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:41 pm   Reply with quote         

ok...........my only suggestion for the special events is........that they begin the same time each year.....ie. "the H2H stars the first week in April"....or what ever, but have it be the same every year....................then most people could plan around it (for the most part)

every time it's asked when do we want to start an event.........no one can agree....

but set in stone, the dates for events like H2h, Team Chop, Scav Hunt, etc.........I think it would be easier for people to plan around.....they would know in advance whether or not they'd be able to participate............... Very Happy

Razz Razz Razz

bigbuck

Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Yes, confirmed starting date/dates 'set in stone' for H2Hs. A better use of the week in H2H, ie maybe some chopping time on the weekend, rather than 2 days chop, 2 days vote, and 3 days wasted.
Some consideration for members that aren't in North America. At present, midnight Monday aint a great time for a working Australian to chop.

Cartoon Contractor

Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:16 pm   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:
Yes, confirmed starting date/dates 'set in stone' for H2Hs. A better use of the week in H2H, ie maybe some chopping time on the weekend, rather than 2 days chop, 2 days vote, and 3 days wasted.
Some consideration for members that aren't in North America. At present, midnight Monday aint a great time for a working Australian to chop.

It ain't a great time for a working American to chop either! Did you fill out the survey Buck? I opted for releasing source on Friday with all weekend to chop! Wink and 3 days to chop instead of 2!

bigbuck

Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Cartoon Contractor wrote:
bigbuck wrote:

It ain't a great time for a working American to chop either! Did you fill out the survey Buck? I opted for releasing source on Friday with all weekend to chop! Wink and 3 days to chop instead of 2!

Survey?
Can you link me?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Site Events - Voice Your Opinion (part 1) - Reply to topic