Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - The Great Unfinished . . . . . - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

YerPalAl

Post Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:49 am   Reply with quote         

We've all had images we started, then somehow just ran out of steam on. I think it might be fun for us to own up on some and tell what happened. Here is one that ALMOST made it into a current contest, I was going to set up a counter of cardboard boxes and stencil obvious fake DEL, APPEL, and LINOVO logos onto the cardboard. I thought it would be a fun idea, but got caught up in other projects and then it rained which postponed outside shooting and one thing led to another and this is as far as I got. OK, this is mine, anyone else want to contribute? Very Happy

Cartoon Contractor

Post Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:14 am   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
We've all had images we started, then somehow just ran out of steam on. I think it might be fun for us to own up on some and tell what happened. Here is one that ALMOST made it into a current contest, I was going to set up a counter of cardboard boxes and stencil obvious fake DEL, APPEL, and LINOVO logos onto the cardboard. I thought it would be a fun idea, but got caught up in other projects and then it rained which postponed outside shooting and one thing led to another and this is as far as I got. OK, this is mine, anyone else want to contribute? Very Happy

MAN!! How many do you want Alan???? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing I got TONS of em! Laughing Laughing I'm the token "bad chopper" ReyRey's been talkin about! I got so many unfinished PSD files it takes up half of my friggin hard drive! (And ya'll don't want to see em!) I chalk it up to trial and error and experimentation! Anyone out there got a right brain they can lend me? Laughing Laughing

YerPalAl

Post Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:18 am   Reply with quote         

Well, don't just talk about it, whip'em out buddy. Very Happy

annajon

Post Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:29 am   Reply with quote         

My whole family went on a golf trip, to mark my parents 75th birthday this year. And the only action shot taken of me, had me cut off .... Then came the scavhunt 2009 and I wanted to have some fun with myself. Recreate a situation, so to speak. And since buckets and smudge and such are part of photoshop, I thought why not use sand and some sculpting to fake an image.

It was desided we would go with another entry for the scavhunt and I was left with two unfinished hands.

(the red guy is my son, the girl is his - and the blue guy is my nephew. No sandpeople were harmed in the making of this image)

Cartoon Contractor

Post Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:34 am   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
Well, don't just talk about it, whip'em out buddy. Very Happy

I'll have to get back to you on that, I'm at work! (as usual) Files are at home! (and probably will stay there Laughing ) Remember that ego thing you were talkin about? Laughing Laughing

Tesore

Post Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:52 am   Reply with quote         

I send a mail to this site, but never get answer... so I couldn't use the photo.
Don't know who it is anyway.

bigbuck

Post Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:57 am   Reply with quote         

I got 100's of half finished chops. But I ain't postin' 'em. I think it's a symptom of this 30 day advantage. Start something, lose interest, save, satrt something else, lose interest, save. No pressure to actually finish and post anything.

Cartoon Contractor

Post Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:08 am   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:
I got 100's of half finished chops. But I ain't postin' 'em. I think it's a symptom of this 30 day advantage. Start something, lose interest, save, sart something else, lose interest, save. No pressure to actually finish and post anything.

Your right Brad! That's exactly what I do! Too damn many to choose from!

YerPalAl

Post Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:15 am   Reply with quote         

Freakin' weenie dinks! Laughing

Come on BB, show us!!

I didn't start this thread as another place to whine about things you don't like, there are too damned many of those threads already. Stay on topic and post some unfinished stuff. Very Happy

bigbuck

Post Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:48 am   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
Freakin' weenie dinks! Laughing

Come on BB, show us!!

I didn't start this thread as another place to whine about things you don't like, there are too damned many of those threads already. Stay on topic and post some unfinished stuff. Very Happy

Get the idea?

Tawiskaro

Post Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:12 pm   Reply with quote         

I'd gladly share if I had any to share. When I get to the point that I realize a chop sucks or won't be completed, I send it to bit heaven. I've had many of those. I think Brad is right: it's an Advantage symptom. I've deleted dozens that I lost interest in. Dozens I knew I wouldn't have time to work on. Dozens more that went from a brilliant idea to a piece of crap once I started chopping.

Of course, looking through my portfolio I realize there are dozens more I should have deleted. Laughing

Post Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Here is one of many. Was going to be a nice hoverbike...

Post Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:31 am   Reply with quote         

Here is one I started playing with, but I ended up making the Scorpihopper instead (this almost newbie actually got 8 votes on scorpihopper somehow..lol) I think it was because of him looking at ya... I still laugh every time i look at it

Post Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:32 am   Reply with quote         

I am NOT going to go through the effort of posting any of them, but my file of chops I meant to enter but never completed is 32 gigs.

SCWIDVICIOUS

Post Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:34 am   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
I am NOT going to go through the effort of posting any of them, but my file of chops I meant to enter but never completed is 32 gigs.

lol, mine is at 32 megs... I actually managed to delete some of the worst ones because they were simply bad. that whole envision this, BUT scenario

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - The Great Unfinished . . . . . - Reply to topic