Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Buying a digital SLR camera - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

jazpur

Post Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:12 am   Reply with quote         

Hi all,

I'm thinking about buying a new camera and want to try a SRL camera. What kind of specs are important when comparing these type of cameras ? After reading reviews and some advice from other people I'm looking at the Canon EOS 500D. Anybody any experience with this camera or other suggestions ?

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:59 am   Reply with quote         

jazpur wrote:
Hi all,

I'm thinking about buying a new camera and want to try a SRL camera. What kind of specs are important when comparing these type of cameras ? After reading reviews and some advice from other people I'm looking at the Canon EOS 500D. Anybody any experience with this camera or other suggestions ?

SRL? You mean SLR...

I use a Nikon D100, what are you planning to spend, and what about lenses, or have you even thought about any? You can spend more for a lens than a body, this is my primary lens, and it cost as much as my body,

Nikon 14mm f/2.8D ED AF Nikkor (not fisheye) very flat, and very heavy, but it's worth the effort to carry. I also like my 70-210 mm AF Nikkor zoom.

splodge

Post Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:16 am   Reply with quote         

here's my camera, not quite a SLR (lot cheaper) not a point and shoot, although on AUTO it can be, very powerfull optic tele-lens + digital tele,

http://www.trustedreviews.com/digital-cameras/review/2007/01/31/Fujifilm-FinePix-S9600/p1

oooops! i only meant to post this link as a point of referance for you, best review site i could find at the time Very Happy

Hallcross Toots
supak0ma

Post Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:32 am   Reply with quote         

i also use a Nikon, Canon is also very good, your choice is between these two.

blue_lurker

Post Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:36 am   Reply with quote         

Go Olympus, this is my third cam by them and never had any problems and there service and extras a sweet as.

jazpur

Post Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:49 am   Reply with quote         

thanks so far. I was thinking to spend around 750 euro. Maybe a standard kit with standard lens etc. Then later on a better lens, but first I need to learn stuff.

blue_lurker

Post Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:54 am   Reply with quote         

Olympus have some real good duel lens deals on at the moment, you get a middle of the range zoom and a good wide angle for portraits

bigbuck

Post Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:01 am   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl

Post Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:52 am   Reply with quote         

Everyone will recommend their favorite camera so adding to the confusion. Whenever people ask me I send them here, its a very valuable tool for buying any camera:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare.asp

seamusoisin

Post Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:53 am   Reply with quote         

All these cameras are good. All personal preference. Check out http://www.dpreview.com/

and remember it's not the gun but the gunner.

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
Granulated

Post Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:55 am   Reply with quote         

jazpur wrote:
Hi all,

BRILLIANT new release. They've bunged on so many things onto it that were on there more expensive models.

Slightly disappointing that they couldnt get 24FPS in 1080 mode. (only 20) but it does 30FPS at 720P.

carmine665

Location: ...down at the bottom of a pit in the blazing sun...

Post Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:07 pm   Reply with quote         

I have a Canon EOS Rebel XS SLR. I love it. As someone in this thread has said, its alot of personal preference.

The Canon EOS Rebel XS SLR has a lot of functions and is tremendously easy to use, (once you get used to it).

It has an automatic function that virtual takes out all the guessing for those times you get lazy (like me). It shoots up to 10MP as well as in RAW. It comes with an EFS 18-55mm lens with auto/manuel fuction and image stabilizer.

You also have control over ISO, apature, F-stop and white balance more than I thought you would.

I'm a beginner digital SLR owner and after researching them I found that this was amoung the best (for beginners).

Those I know that have it, love it. So do I.

Again, its all about personal preference and I have found the more you learn about digital SLR's the better your choice will be.

Hope this helps.

The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.
carmine665

Post Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:13 pm   Reply with quote         

seamusoisin wrote:

and remember it's not the gun but the gunner.

Laughing

I dont know where I saw it, maybe here but I once read the following quote....

"Owning a Nikon doesn't make you a photographer, it makes you a Nikon owner." (hope I got it right)

Laughing

The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.
carmine665

Post Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:

by the way, AWESOME pic Very Happy Surprised Very Happy

mellowdesign

Post Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:18 pm   Reply with quote         

I recently looked into it all too... decided on a Nikon D90 - it's brilliant! Very Happy

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Buying a digital SLR camera - Reply to topic