Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Speed Chop - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

janetdog

Post Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:27 am   Reply with quote         

Nancers f-ing rocks

Post Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:06 am   Reply with quote         

Well at least on PSC I did!!!

blue_lurker

Post Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:00 am   Reply with quote         

May be we calls it "OLD SKOOL CHOP", instead of speed chop.
(Spelling intentional this time K) Very Happy

supak0ma

Post Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:04 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:

yep, i think the word speed got someone confused Razz

ReinMan

Post Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:39 am   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
blue_lurker wrote:

yep, i think the word speed got someone confused Razz

I was confused WAY BEFORE the word "speed" was used.... Razz reindeer

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:18 pm   Reply with quote         

janetdog wrote:
Nancers f-ing rocks

I'll send you the $50 I owe you for that via Paypal. Laughing

Post Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Nancers wrote:
Quote:
The focus back when the site was created was to be funny and creative, not "all source" or to be "artistic", or to be " voted for exceptional PS Skills".

As a relative noob, I like that the site now values quality over speed. I think a major benefit of this site is to be able to bootstrap one's skills and to help one's comrades improve theirs.

If the voters on this site had only appreciated sloppy speed, I would have dropped out long ago.

I especially appreciate the drubbing I get from time to time from ReyRey, Granulated, and Supak0ma, when my chops can easily be improved.

I like the "Speed Chop", but let's call it "Old Skool Chop" or "Level Playing Field Chop".

Doug

Post Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:54 am   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
always was 3 days to chop and vote, the speed bit only came into it if you wanted to get on the front page, was importantant back then when we averaged 9 pages a day and only 15 votes each,
P.S. i went to America for the day with g/f tina, so i could not chop http://www.hallcross.co.uk/CivalWarPhotos/index.htm

I'm guessing you didn't travel in a time machine. Looks like some neighbors are having a good 'ole hillbilly war out in the boonies somewhere. We try to keep these rednecks out of view when we promote tourism, and focus more on the high tech big city world. But you found them. Glad you made it out safely.

annajon

Post Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:30 am   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:
splodge wrote:
always was 3 days to chop and vote, the speed bit only came into it if you wanted to get on the front page, was importantant back then when we averaged 9 pages a day and only 15 votes each,
P.S. i went to America for the day with g/f tina, so i could not chop http://www.hallcross.co.uk/CivalWarPhotos/index.htm

I'm guessing you didn't travel in a time machine. Looks like some neighbors are having a good 'ole hillbilly war out in the boonies somewhere. We try to keep these rednecks out of view when we promote tourism, and focus more on the high tech big city world. But you found them. Glad you made it out safely.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

bigbuck

Post Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:39 am   Reply with quote         

A 3 minute cut and paste appears to be the sort of thing required for these contests.

ReinMan

Post Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:30 am   Reply with quote         

Congrats to NANCERS!

And your prize is a NEW SET OF OVEN MITTS!!!!

(please choose the pair you want)

anfa

Post Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:15 am   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
Congrats to NANCERS!

And your prize is a NEW SET OF OVEN MITTS!!!!

(please choose the pair you want)

EHHH!!! Shocked

Post Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:37 am   Reply with quote         

I thought this Speed Chop contest was great. It was actually the first time in years that I had fun chopping an image.

Regarding the speed chopping of the past, it was never entirely 100% "funny" entries, although I agree that speed chopping forced contestants to attempt humor more often than now. If it was all about cheesy cut and paste entries, then PSC would have been no different than FARK.

Lots of members used legitimate PS skill, but they just didn't have 2 or more hours to create a masterpiece and get it featured in spot #1 on the first page for everyone to vote on it right away.

I also think that if PSC had one day a week for speed chops, it would be a great way to bring in new members to the site who otherwise feel that advantage has ruined any chance they have of a fair contest.

dewking

Post Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:58 am   Reply with quote         

Chopper wrote:

I also think that if PSC had one day a week for speed chops, it would be a great way to bring in new members to the site who otherwise feel that advantage has ruined any chance they have of a fair contest.

I would probably post more... and I have advantage! Wink

zebob 06/09 @ 11:14 am
im more of an alethic computer geek that doesnt play sports but is still strong.

Post Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:11 am   Reply with quote         

Chopper wrote:
Regarding the speed chopping of the past, it was never entirely 100% "funny" entries, although I agree that speed chopping forced contestants to attempt humor more often than now.

I just hope it can help to bring some members to think more about doing funny chops... on a regular basis. We need more!

Chopper wrote:
Lots of members used legitimate PS skill, but they just didn't have 2 or more hours to create a masterpiece and get it featured in spot #1 on the first page for everyone to vote on it right away.

Sometimes a great execution can be done very fast... 1 hour or less... dependently of complexity. I think the hardest part is to find a real great idea in a short time. I think it is the real challenge... that's cool!

Chopper wrote:

Sure! But I hope that sometimes some speed chops can happen on weekdays... I figure that some members, like me, can't really chop on Saturday morning for different reasons...

BTW Congrats Nancy!

Smile

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Speed Chop - Reply to topic