Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - New Users - How do i cancel my account thank.ss a lot.. - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

franc0

Post Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:32 am   Reply with quote         

How do i cancel my account thank.ss a lot..

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:23 am   Reply with quote         

Any particular reason? We don't typically delete accounts because it would affect the statistics.

Oscar

Post Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:24 am   Reply with quote         

It's sad to see a member go, I been here about 2 years and I never seen someone ask this. My guess is you can pm proc ( site owner ) or a mod ( like TutorMe ) and they could do something about it.

You can always delete your images in case you don't want to leave your art behind and put inactive in your profile. That's what I would do when my time here ends.

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:32 am   Reply with quote         

We could ban you I guess, but that seems a little unecessary. I would suggest taking a break for as long as you need, and if you decide to come back later, your account will be here.

Post Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:32 am   Reply with quote         

No wonder people can't leave.

Tarmac

Post Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:52 am   Reply with quote         

The general rule regarding PSC membership refunds and departures, is that a paid member can check out anytime they like... But they can never leave. Twisted Evil Laughing

Mir

Post Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:19 am   Reply with quote         

You seem to be getting better at this, why leave now? You can come and go when ever you like but you don't need to delete your account do you?. Shocked
Alex

Post Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:33 pm   Reply with quote         

He doesn't need to share the reason or even have one. We should be in total control of our creations and our account, just like every other website in the universe.

I think you guys (mods) should add a remove account button somewhere, and a remove entry button too. It's totally weird to see big red X entry tagged REMOVE PLEASE like we see very often in daily contests. Why can't we remove our stuff ourselves if we want to?

We can live with stats being updated.
My two valuable cents.
Cool

Post Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Alex wrote:
He doesn't need to share the reason or even have one. We should be in total control of our creations and our account, just like every other website in the universe.

I think you guys (mods) should add a remove account button somewhere, and a remove entry button too. It's totally weird to see big red X entry tagged REMOVE PLEASE like we see very often in daily contests. Why can't we remove our stuff ourselves if we want to?

My two valuable cents.
Cool

Nice idea, Alex. I'm thinking it's easier to select "hide" in ones portfolio rather than giving our developers more things to add. Sometimes there are members who grow frustrated and would be tempted to hit the "remove account button."

Besides, "cancel my account" doesn't mean he wants to delete his images...

Post Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:34 pm   Reply with quote         

But It would be nice to have a "frustration" button, no mater the graphics Smile, to click it whenever you feel like, and a special field in Stats for these records. I might not win , if indexed on this column, but I suppose I could have few hits Smile

j/k ?!

dunno Very HappyVery Happy

Have a nice day,
bogo

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Post Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:04 pm   Reply with quote         

Alex wrote:

My two valuable cents.
Cool

It messes things up. The only user account that I know of that has ever been deleted was Ledirlo, and that caused trouble for quite sometime.

Also, if someone gains access to an account without the knowledge of the account holder, a delete account button could do tremendous damage. I can name countless websites that don't allow users to delete their accounts.

It's just not a feature that there's an urgent need for. Not enough people ask for their accounts to be deleted to warrant adding the ability for users to delete their accounts themselves.

cafn8d

Post Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:39 pm   Reply with quote         

TutorMe wrote:
It messes things up. The only user account that I know of that has ever been deleted was Ledirlo, and that caused trouble for quite sometime.

Also, if someone gains access to an account without the knowledge of the account holder, a delete account button could do tremendous damage. I can name countless websites that don't allow users to delete their accounts.

It's just not a feature that there's an urgent need for. Not enough people ask for their accounts to be deleted to warrant adding the ability for users to delete their accounts themselves.

The old JMH-style of banning people was to completely erase all trace of their existence on PSC, not just block them from coming back. Yes, it messed things up royally... plus the site was diminished that much more by the loss of that person's portfolio. I don't remember who it was that was the first to get banned after Procyon bought PSC, but I made the request that the person's portfolio remain intact. I'm glad the powers that be either had the same thought and/or agreed with me. Procyon's tenure has also introduced the "temporary ban" or "time out" with the person being able to come back to his/her same account once he/she was unblocked -something I was never aware of happening under JMH. All hail our new benevolent overlord! Bow

Wink Laughing

Alex

Post Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Does that means that all of my PSC work isn't my property? I can't do what the fuck I want with it? It's Procyon property now?

BTW I don't want to get rid of my account nor any of my chops, I'm just being the devil's advocate. It's against my values not to be in control of what's mine.

And about the stats or any other technical reasons, it's a real joke. Who cares about the friggin stats? They're based on votes and people can't vote.

Bush has been up there 8 years.

Post Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Alex wrote:
Does that means that all of my PSC work isn't my property? I can't do what the fuck I want with it? It's Procyon property now?

BTW I don't want to get rid of my account nor any of my chops, I'm just being the devil's advocate. It's against my values not to be in control of what's mine.

And about the stats or any other technical reasons, it's a real joke. Who cares about the friggin stats? They're based on votes and people can't vote.

Bush has been up there 8 years.

They're ALL yours, Alex. Very Happy Given the size and compression requirements, I don't see how anyone could lift one and do much with them...maybe put it on a tee-shirt or place it on another website. Rolling Eyes
Here's how one member handled pushing his cancel button...
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=25238

The fact that everyone has the right to hide any image in their portfolio seems adequate.

Post Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:55 pm   Reply with quote         

That guy (http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=25238) proves how ridiculous this situation is.

Thanks.
Cool

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - New Users - How do i cancel my account thank.ss a lot.. - Reply to topic