Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Am I on a wrong site ALREADY? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

ReinMan

Post Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:05 am   Reply with quote         

Well - this thread has almost gone off the rails a few times, but mostly you've all held this thread JUST on the UNLOCKED side of the fence. Wink thumright

In less anyone else has more to add, my feelings are that what has needed to be said about this particular entry has been said here. I suggest we let this thread now quietly slide into the PSC archives where it can dream about world piece and hopefully not about farmyard animal anuses. Razz

For those of us that have been here a while, I suspect not much new light has been shed on this ol' CENSORSHIP topic. This particular thread has reminded me how challenging it is to be open minded at times. From my perspective, I see a lot of members here who care about this site and care about people they care about. That is good, in my books.

But let's let this one go away now, hmmmmm? Raising Brow

TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:06 am   Reply with quote         

Who ate the last of the ice cream?

TheShaman

Post Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:12 am   Reply with quote         

rockyjob

Post Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:01 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:

Bill nye? The science guy! Surprised Laughing

Post Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:12 pm   Reply with quote         

A blond city girl named Amy marries a Colorado rancher.

One morning, on his way out to check on the cows, the rancher says to
Amy, 'The insemination man is coming over to impregnate one of our cows today, so I drove a nail into the 2 by 4 just above where the cow's stall is in the barn. Please show him where the cow is when he gets here, OK?'

The rancher leaves for the fields. After a while, the artificial insemination man arrives and knocks on the front door.

Amy takes him down to the barn. They walk along the row of cows and when Amy sees the nail, she tells him, 'This is the one right here.' The man, assuming he is dealing with an air head blond, asks, 'Tell me lady, 'cause I'm dying to know; how would YOU know that this is the right cow to be bred?'

"That's simple," she said. "By the nail that's over its stall,'' she explains very confidently.

Laughing rudely at her, the man says, 'And what, pray tell, is the nail for?' The blond turns to walk away and says sweetly over her shoulder,

'I guess it's to hang your pants on.'

Synthvet

Post Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing

Dragon

Post Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:27 pm   Reply with quote         

I guess this brings the old saying, "you are what you chop" to a whole new level. Laughing

TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:41 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
A blond city girl named Amy marries a Colorado rancher.

One morning, on his way out to check on the cows, the rancher says to
Amy, 'The insemination man is coming over to impregnate one of our cows today, so I drove a nail into the 2 by 4 just above where the cow's stall is in the barn. Please show him where the cow is when he gets here, OK?'

The rancher leaves for the fields. After a while, the artificial insemination man arrives and knocks on the front door.

Amy takes him down to the barn. They walk along the row of cows and when Amy sees the nail, she tells him, 'This is the one right here.' The man, assuming he is dealing with an air head blond, asks, 'Tell me lady, 'cause I'm dying to know; how would YOU know that this is the right cow to be bred?'

"That's simple," she said. "By the nail that's over its stall,'' she explains very confidently.

Laughing rudely at her, the man says, 'And what, pray tell, is the nail for?' The blond turns to walk away and says sweetly over her shoulder,

'I guess it's to hang your pants on.'

Argh

Need mental bleach stat!

ScionShade

Post Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:17 pm   Reply with quote         

The truth can be put to the lie by every thread on the same subject over the last few years, and that it's the same small crew that rush to attack whoever it may be that questions
whether an image should be acceptable or not.
The cries over anothers' morals being pushed on you, their religion, their politics, and all with the gravest disdain for
such audacity.
All bull%%it of course since the images were in every case 'meant to evoke a response'.
Same people. Same situation. Same attacks. Same insecurity acted out with hatefulness. Same defensiveness. Same.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:24 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm making a simple request....

please cease and resist the urge to respond to this forum.

Active comps should not be discussed. Bogonet didn't know this but he/she does now.

In the future, forums discussing active competitions will be locked.

thank you.

Post Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
I'm making a simple request....

please cease and resist the urge to respond to this forum.

Active comps should not be discussed. Bogonet didn't know this but he/she does now.

In the future, forums discussing active competitions will be locked.

thank you.

I second that emotion! Smile

ReinMan

Post Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve is not making an idle request. Please consider it a new rule. We let this particular thread slip by while we figured out what to do - but we (as in the ModPeople) have decided that all future threads that have any discussion about active images in contests will be locked down/deleted. After the said contest passes, go ahead and talk all you want about it. (unless of course you get SNARKY - then we shall invoke the SNARKY SCENERIO! Shocked)

Marx-Man

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:29 am   Reply with quote         

bogonet wrote:
Browsing a while back, before i registered here, the past contests and the entries where the top ones got over 50-60 votes, I realized that this place is a launching pad for newcomers who want to dramatically improve their skills with the aid of the outstanding pieces of art of some great artists who post here.

Now I am a little (more) confused of what is the meaning of nowadays contest and here is my example :

It's not the author of this "work" who bothers me (could be anyone, anonymous) , people are free to post anything, moderators can make comments, etc, BUT I'm more concerned about why people are voting this unless this was an open petition for introducing a new GROSS, YUCK , or whatever you want to call it CRITERIA among the others - exection, idea, theme, etc... and I missed that, because it so disgusting that is not even funny a bit.

Please enlighten me again what is ACTUAL purpose of this site, apart of (even the opposite) to education of artistic feel, esthetics and creativity. I'm very confused at the time being.

I am aware that this post won't make me popular, BUT what I consider more important is to give some good example to those who wants to embrace this digital art. I, for one, have registered here because , accidentally, i got to browse ReyRey's works and I was amazed, then I registered and felt honored to be among some other great names (judging after their outstanding stuff they did), improving myself.

Have a nice day,
bogo

Re: "Now I am a little (more) confused of what is the meaning of nowadays contest and here is my example"

It's the same as any other, use the source photo to produce another image. What people chop is up to them.

Quote:

Q: Why was my entry removed from the contest?
A: Site moderators remove images for various reasons. Some times the image file is broken, other times the image is offensive. You will typically get an e-mail notification with the reason for removal.
Quote:
http://photoshopcontest.com/faq/help.html

We have moderators on this site who remove entries that are offensive, if they didn't remove it then its not deemed as offensive. But they wont know what is or isn't if you don't pm them.

If you have complaints about any art you see online, complain to the moderators or admin.

Anyway, censorship always starts small and then results in this.

Congratulations on making a forum post highlighting the one thing in the art-world everybody hates...

Last point:
"outstanding pieces of art"
You mention outstanding pieces of art...

Art is both provocative and/or inspirational, I gotta say it not only is provocative but it also got the most votes so, STFUAC.

anfa

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:14 am   Reply with quote         

OK, I've waited for the contest to be over before airing my views on this chop(unlike some of you unsporting types) and I have nothing to say now because it won!!!! WOOOOHOOOO!!! YOU'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!! Laughing

bogonet

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:19 am   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
OK, I've waited for the contest to be over before airing my views on this chop(unlike some of you unsporting types) and I have nothing to say now because it won!!!! WOOOOHOOOO!!! YOU'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!! Laughing

It's yours to take.
Congratulations to the winner!

Have a nice day,
bogo

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Am I on a wrong site ALREADY? - Reply to topic