Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Let's all try to participate more in the contests. - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:36 pm   Reply with quote         

TIME OUT!

We all contribute different things to the site. I view this site as an "online community" where people come and go. A few of us stick around for a long time. The community evolves and changes over time.

As in any community, there are going to be disagreements as to what is best for the community.

Why don't we all just agree to think of a few ways that we can contribute to the betterment of the site as individuals instead of fighting amongst ourselves?

I am going to make an effort to be here on a more regular basis. Today I am going to vote in all the contests that are open.

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Again....I am not saying you need to chop if you can't or choose not to. But many can and don't. Look here.
http://photoshopcontest.com/portfolio/12454/index.html?l=288&
Look at the numbers in these contests. Look at how many votes. Start at the bottom of the list. You entered twice many times. You seemed to have taken my thread personally. I just think you misunderstand my intentions. Look at the people,Look at the images, read the comments, look at the numbers. Things have changed. Do you really want me to stop being passionate. Shall I just sit back and let the flame burn out?? Is that really what you want??? Crying or Very sad
Nancers... Who's arguing?? Shocked
Blue and I were just having a beer and blowing off steam. Guy stuff. That's all.
GO VOTE PEOPLE!!!GO VOTE PEOPLE!!!GO VOTE PEOPLE!!!GO VOTE PEOPLE!!!GO VOTE PEOPLE!!!GO VOTE PEOPLE!!!GO VOTE PEOPLE!!!GO VOTE PEOPLE!!!GO VOTE PEOPLE!!!GO VOTE PEOPLE!!!GO VOTE PEOPLE!!!GO VOTE PEOPLE!!!GO VOTE PEOPLE!!!GO VOTE PEOPLE!!!GO VOTE PEOPLE!!! Angel

Synthvet

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:49 pm   Reply with quote         

isnt a contest about winning??????and the winning part makes me want to learn more and more ! ive been using photoshop for 4 months and have learned a shit load!! thanks to this site and people like TJ,REYREY, ABRAHAM, + More and youtube. so thanks to the choppers who chop!!!!

blue_lurker

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:55 pm   Reply with quote         

nancers wrote:

TIME OUT!

Why don't we all just agree to think of a few ways that we can contribute to the betterment of the site as individuals instead of fighting amongst ourselves?

Where not fighting we are discussing, I aint mad at Rey, and I know Rey aint mad at me, (But if ya wanna punish me Nancers ya can) we just see things differently, its not my fault Im right....(Ducks behind cyber lounge) Wink

Look I have never made it a secret that I think a lot of people here are in it to win and nothing else, as Rey said look at chat and the forums same old people every time, I would like to see more people getting involved with the other aspects of PSC, that rather push the contest. Thats why I try anf make forum games and chat games...yeah the contest get em here btu we need to keep them here as well.
(Nacers Im honest about the punishing OK) Laughing

ReyRey

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:00 pm   Reply with quote         

I was bad Nancers. I deserve to be punished too. Very Happy

blue_lurker

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Starman wrote:
isnt a contest about winning??????and the winning part makes me want to learn more and more ! ive been using photoshop for 4 months and have learned a shit load!! thanks to this site and people like TJ,REYREY, ABRAHAM, + More and youtube. so thanks to the choppers who chop!!!!

And thats what makes this site unique, the learning aspect, I once suggested as a prize that some of the top choppers offer an hour to teach a little of there skills , not me but cause Im crap now days...unless its photo restoration that is.

blue_lurker

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:05 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:

Oi back off you have had more punishment from nancers that you deserve K

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:09 pm   Reply with quote         

I once suggested as a prize that some of the top choppers offer an hour to teach a little of there skills , < thats a good prize

blue_lurker

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok this could be the rambling of 4:30am, but I guess what we are both trying to say is....

PSC is a lot of things to a lot of people, be it winning, learning, voting, meeting and of course the art. When you come here it is about the contest and yep winning feels nice, yes I have won a few contests, but whilst your here check out the other aspects of PSC and who knows you just may be like me and stick around because you like the people and the contest in the end its all about participation.

Do I get an AMEN brother 2Rey

ReyRey

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:21 pm   Reply with quote         

I knew the guy who invented the chopperdome would understand.
alleluia brother, alleluia. Wink

bigbuck

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Well I was ready waiting 1/2 hour before the speedchop contest on Saturday night here.............
You know, the comp where we got the oven source pic for the third time, and then it got changed after the contest had been open for 3 hours!

I too, am here for several hours everyday. Have voted DAILY in every comp for about 4 years. But just lately, I must admit I am seriously losing interest. Haven't even bothered looking at recent comps. Seems to me 'the powers that be' aren't showing much interest either. Several of the mods are virtually never here.....

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:48 pm   Reply with quote         

HAHA Blurker and Reysquared. That's more like it!!

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Rey, I take this personal, but you are right. This is a giant bowling alley that offers a tournament every day. Instead of coming to the bowling alley and either participating in the tournament or watching my favorite bowler, I'm in the Bar section of the bowling alley, away from the players, drinking beer, playing pool, and conversing with others eating Onion Rings.

One of the bowlers gets a 300 score. And I and 20 other people didn't hear about it until another bowler ran inside and told everyone in the bar about it. I wish I could have seen the game.

Why am I at the bowling alley anyway? I love bowling. But I'm in the bar the whole time. It's time to get out of the bar and back to the area where the real action is, Lanes 1-88 (I did say giant).

YerPalAl

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:33 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:

No, punish me, PUNISH ME!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Carp, the site's name is photoshop CONTEST.com and there has always been an element of people here that wanted to win at any price. I've been around a long time and remember there have always been people vote whoring and cheating, that's been a standard.

Reyrey and Blurker, I love both you guys and you are both right, just looking at the situation from different angles.

Just go vote on a contest and chop something willya? Very Happy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Let's all try to participate more in the contests. - Reply to topic