Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Tutorials - Advanced Brush Making Techniques for Photoshop - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

roger1

Post Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:10 pm   Reply with quote         

SCWIDVICIOUS wrote:
what the hell does that have to do with making a brush?

Your tutorial mentions it: "Tip: Dodging and burning make fore great depth, and this type of brush is nothing less than awesome for doing just that."

I've heard the term before on this site and was just wondering what it meant.

SCWIDVICIOUS

Post Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:15 pm   Reply with quote         

roger1 wrote:
SCWIDVICIOUS wrote:
what the hell does that have to do with making a brush?

Your tutorial mentions it: "Tip: Dodging and burning make fore great depth, and this type of brush is nothing less than awesome for doing just that."

I've heard the term before on this site and was just wondering what it meant.

Using a custom brush to dodge and burn.. or
you can burn slightly on the brush layout before finalizing a brush to adjust opacity before saving it as a brush..

but that is in the tip, and has nothing to do with the tutorial it's self. Dodge and burn are highly useful tools though.. good ones to practice a lot.

Post Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:26 pm   Reply with quote         

Well, actually you mentioned it again in your reply to Tofuthegreat: "For the monkey... the fauna i made using a bunch of brushes I created like 19 or 20 of them.. along with dodge and burn reyrey tipped me in on to bring out more depth."

I'm not an expert or familiar with the terms that you guys might find to be common knowledge. I was just curious what "dodge and burn" means.

SCWIDVICIOUS

Post Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:33 pm   Reply with quote         

roger1 wrote:
Well, actually you mentioned it again in your reply to Tofuthegreat: "For the monkey... the fauna i made using a bunch of brushes I created like 19 or 20 of them.. along with dodge and burn reyrey tipped me in on to bring out more depth."

I'm not an expert or familiar with the terms that you guys might find to be common knowledge. I was just curious what "dodge and burn" means.

No prob.. BSaholic is send you a PM with info on dodge and burn tools, they are great tools to master in PS no doubt..

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:19 pm   Reply with quote         

As someone who's never made a brush before, this may really help me down that road. Great tut.

arcaico

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:00 pm   Reply with quote         

dodge and burn are tools to lighten and darken (and sponge tool for desaturating)... there are three kinds of dodging and burning... highlights, midtones and shadows... try messing around with these tools for a while and youŽll figure out what they do in no time.

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Tutorials - Advanced Brush Making Techniques for Photoshop - Reply to topic