Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - H2H comments - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

nat_g31

Post Tue May 04, 2010 7:04 pm   Reply with quote         

I agree with Mark completely. I think the contestants should be given the courtesy of knowing why they won or didn't win. As for the prizes. . . whatever, most of us are doing this for fun. But a lifetimer should be allowed to gift his 2nd lifetime award to someone of his choice.

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West
MamaBallistic

Post Tue May 04, 2010 7:08 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
Just a general idea, a lot of people leave comments, but a lot do not, and I know not everyone has time etc, but was thinking, everyone would have put a great deal into their entries.

It would be nice if appreciation was show via constructive comments.

In the anonymous dailies a lot of people do not comment, we should make an effort in our showpiece event Smile

I personally like to try and leave a comment for both entrants in my vote.

Anyways, just an idea maybe worth thinking about. Smile

Hmmm .................... I'll think about it, apologies in advance if I don't comment ... some days I just have nothing to say Very Happy

and in response to your nursery comment.... we were obviously maturer than most in my town! Laughing

glennhanna

Post Tue May 04, 2010 7:10 pm   Reply with quote         

There should be an option to buy lifetime advantage. $100

glennhanna

Post Tue May 04, 2010 7:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Not everyone has the expertise or time to critique. I think for those who have not much to say, they should rate the images on a five star scale. For Example:
"I like this image. I give it 4 stars. The other image is 3 stars."

or even quicker,
"4-3"

blue_lurker

Post Tue May 04, 2010 7:18 pm   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:
Not everyone has the expertise or time to critique. I think for those who have not much to say, they should rate the images on a five star scale. For Example:
"I like this image. I give it 4 stars. The other image is 3 stars."

or even quicker,
"4-3"

4 3 man thats midget lovin height for me...

JORDAN792

Post Tue May 04, 2010 7:54 pm   Reply with quote         

yes. i shall leave a many comment

seelcraft

Post Tue May 04, 2010 8:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Alex wrote:
arcaico wrote:
by the way, the prizes are not THAT interesting at all...

Yeah arc. Everyone knows that this site generate enough money to have prizes like cars.

Rolling Eyes

If I were lucky enough to make it to the Final Four, I would be delighted to receive one of ReyRey's award banners in lieu of ca$h!

Post Tue May 04, 2010 8:18 pm   Reply with quote         

I will try to find enough words to use in the comments, that make me sound at least a little knowledgeble on the subject ....

I think I know about ten, so.... (good thing not everybody reads all the comments on all the entries)

On the subject of the prices - I am hoping to get as far as the round that qualifies for a medal.... I rather have a medal.

Post Tue May 04, 2010 10:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Hmm.... $100 for the winner. That divided by 7 rounds comes to $14.39 per round. I would assume that most people here earn atleast that much per hour at their jobs, and I know that is just a fraction of many members' hourly rate. $14.39 a round divided by 4 days to chop comes to $3.57 per day.... Then divided hourly brings it to $0.15 per hour if you use all available time.

Or also $3.57 per hour if you avg 4 hours chopping per round.

Yes I was bored.
Chop is done, but Haven't been able to post yet due to home connection problems. Hope I can get everything done from work computer in morning. Last resort will be trying to load from my phone.

TheShaman

Post Wed May 05, 2010 7:18 am   Reply with quote         

If its really about the money/prizes you're in the wrong contest.

I don't agree about the lifetime advantage people not being able to transfer their winnings. Anyone should be able to transfer any of their prizes to someone else... But that's just me...

As for the comments. Remember people, you cant comment on both entries. Only the one you're voting for. All comments must be placed there (unless they changed that from previous years)

Post Wed May 05, 2010 7:20 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
If its really about the money/prizes you're in the wrong contest.

I don't agree about the lifetime advantage people not being able to transfer their winnings. Anyone should be able to transfer any of their prizes to someone else... But that's just me...

As for the comments. Remember people, you cant comment on both entries. Only the one you're voting for. All comments must be placed there (unless they changed that from previous years)

Yeah, that thought had crossed my mind too, while I was almost asleep over night..... still, 64 comments is still a lot.

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed May 05, 2010 8:36 am   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:

by the way, the prizes are not THAT interesting at all... at least for those of us who are already lifetimers, once Proc let clear that advantage prizes can´t and won´t be transferred. Besides, only those who´ve been there know how tough it is to be in the finals of the H2H. I, personally, know I won´t be there this year. But considering any piece of crap wins 50 bucks in daily prize contests, 100 bucks for winning the H2H seems just like consolation prize, and not really a PRIZE... if you know what i mean. But nevermind... nothing will change anyway... just my 2 cents...

I'm gonna agree with the brazilexican a bit. For me the biggest prize is the lifetime advantage. However it would be nice to have a sweeter pot of cash as most of the likely winners would likely have a lifetime advantage anyway.

That being said I fully appreciate that Proc might not be able to swing more prize money. It would be sweet if a company could sponsor though. Can you imagine if Adobe sponsored and the prize was a copy of CS5 (or even CS4)? Either the suite or simply Photoshop. One copy would not bankrupt Adobe.

As for transferring the lifetimes I can see why that wouldn't be desirable. People could simply buy it from the winner to get them to give them the lifetime. Now if it went up for an auction like we did when blurker got his lifetime that would be awesome. The money goes to a good charity and someone here gets a great thing for their money.

One last thing is that, as arcaico pointed out, it's friggin' TOUGH to win the H2H. To me that's the other point of not transferring the lifetime advantages. You have to earn it by beating the best at their own game. That alone should bring out the best effort from people. Cool

p.s. The thought just came to me. Why not have a $5 entry fee for the H2H? That would feed the pot of cash for the winner(s) and probably also kill the no-shows. Who would pay $5 and then not submit an entry? Plus $5 is really not a lot of cash for anyone on this site. I don't care what you say. If you have a computer and internet access then you live in a society where you have access to earning enough to at least pay a 5-spot to enter a contest. One less trip to Starbucks, McDonald's, etc. PER YEAR and you're there. One less trip a week to the vending machines for a year and you're there. Buy a fryer chicken instead of boneless chicken breasts and you're there. Buy fewer lottery tickets and/or scratch-offs and you're there easily. Five bucks is nothing to come up with for anyone who has daily access to a computer and internet.

Post Wed May 05, 2010 8:47 am   Reply with quote         

alot of good chops Very Happy

Tesore

Post Wed May 05, 2010 9:00 am   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
arcaico wrote:

by the way, the prizes are not THAT interesting at all... at least for those of us who are already lifetimers, once Proc let clear that advantage prizes can´t and won´t be transferred. Besides, only those who´ve been there know how tough it is to be in the finals of the H2H. I, personally, know I won´t be there this year. But considering any piece of crap wins 50 bucks in daily prize contests, 100 bucks for winning the H2H seems just like consolation prize, and not really a PRIZE... if you know what i mean. But nevermind... nothing will change anyway... just my 2 cents...

I'm gonna agree with the brazilexican a bit. For me the biggest prize is the lifetime advantage. However it would be nice to have a sweeter pot of cash as most of the likely winners would likely have a lifetime advantage anyway.

That being said I fully appreciate that Proc might not be able to swing more prize money. It would be sweet if a company could sponsor though. Can you imagine if Adobe sponsored and the prize was a copy of CS5 (or even CS4)? Either the suite or simply Photoshop. One copy would not bankrupt Adobe.

As for transferring the lifetimes I can see why that wouldn't be desirable. People could simply buy it from the winner to get them to give them the lifetime. Now if it went up for an auction like we did when blurker got his lifetime that would be awesome. The money goes to a good charity and someone here gets a great thing for their money.

One last thing is that, as arcaico pointed out, it's friggin' TOUGH to win the H2H. To me that's the other point of not transferring the lifetime advantages. You have to earn it by beating the best at their own game. That alone should bring out the best effort from people. Cool

p.s. The thought just came to me. Why not have a $5 entry fee for the H2H? That would feed the pot of cash for the winner(s) and probably also kill the no-shows. Who would pay $5 and then not submit an entry? Plus $5 is really not a lot of cash for anyone on this site. I don't care what you say. If you have a computer and internet access then you live in a society where you have access to earning enough to at least pay a 5-spot to enter a contest. One less trip to Starbucks, McDonald's, etc. PER YEAR and you're there. One less trip a week to the vending machines for a year and you're there. Buy a fryer chicken instead of boneless chicken breasts and you're there. Buy fewer lottery tickets and/or scratch-offs and you're there easily. Five bucks is nothing to come up with for anyone who has daily access to a computer and internet.

Way to much English!
But i like what you said Wink

blue_lurker

Post Wed May 05, 2010 9:06 am   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:

As for transferring the lifetimes I can see why that wouldn't be desirable. People could simply buy it from the winner to get them to give them the lifetime. Now if it went up for an auction like we did when blurker got his lifetime that would be awesome.

Um did not get my life time then Hax out bided me...I was offered a life time by Proc for services rendered so to speak, damn you Hax I still hurt over that action.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - H2H comments - Reply to topic