Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - H2H no-shows allowed back in AGAIN - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Should the H2H have a Accept / Decline the rules button when you sign up?

yes

82%

82%

[ 46 ]

no

17%

17%

[ 10 ]

Total Votes: 56

Alex

Post Wed May 05, 2010 5:37 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
I say we just hand Claf a cheque for $600 at the very start and then we can all get on with our lives... Razz

NO WAY!!!
I demand a match-up against him!
I CAN kick his ass!
I mean it.
Look how poorly he did when he faced real adversity back in the days.
http://photoshopcontest.com/photoshop-contest/1382/locked-out.html?l=&o=votes

50 votes for that CRAP!?!? Come onnnn!

Cool

And marco had only 27 friends back then... see?

Post Wed May 05, 2010 5:46 pm   Reply with quote         

MamaBallistic wrote:
I have a problem with an entry fee... I know it makes sense so that no shows stop happening but can everyone really afford to be spending money on something that should be a hobby & fun?

I mean, sure, great idea guys but personally I think if I had to pay then I'd be unable - not to be confused with unwilling - to take part. I guess what I'm saying is I think we'd lose a lot of people, scare off noobs to H2H & also be removing part of the fun of it all.

The thing I think could work is if advantage users got to enter as usual & non advantage users paid a small entry fee? Lets face it, you don't tend to buy advantage if you don't intend to chop.

Sorry mama but your own logic is killing your argument in my view. If you wouldn't pay for your hobby then why would you pay for Advantage? Hmmm

Also don't many people pay at least something for their hobby? If you scrapbook as a hobby you pay (believe me; my wife PAYS a LOT). If you hunt, golf, run, ride bike, garden, etc., etc., etc., then you pay something somewhere. Heck even if your hobby is reading books from the library you pay to support the library (via taxes), you might pay to get there (gasoline or public transit), you might even pay an overdue fine or two.

Plus don't confuse the TOURNAMENT with hobby or regular PSC contest. If someone's not willing to put up $5 then they're probably not willing to do their best effort anyway? I don't think everyone would have a something-for-nothing attitude toward the prizes. Just my $0.02

Cartoon Contractor

Post Wed May 05, 2010 5:50 pm   Reply with quote         

I think we've gotten off topic here. It was about letting people in that were breaking the rules! Right? Hmmm

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed May 05, 2010 6:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Cartoon Contractor wrote:
I think we've gotten off topic here. It was about letting people in that were breaking the rules! Right? Hmmm
I thought it was about making fun of people? Or was it shooting them in the junk? Question

MamaBallistic

Post Wed May 05, 2010 6:08 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
MamaBallistic wrote:
I have a problem with an entry fee... I know it makes sense so that no shows stop happening but can everyone really afford to be spending money on something that should be a hobby & fun?

I mean, sure, great idea guys but personally I think if I had to pay then I'd be unable - not to be confused with unwilling - to take part. I guess what I'm saying is I think we'd lose a lot of people, scare off noobs to H2H & also be removing part of the fun of it all.

The thing I think could work is if advantage users got to enter as usual & non advantage users paid a small entry fee? Lets face it, you don't tend to buy advantage if you don't intend to chop.

Sorry mama but your own logic is killing your argument in my view. If you wouldn't pay for your hobby then why would you pay for Advantage? Hmmm

Also don't many people pay at least something for their hobby? If you scrapbook as a hobby you pay (believe me; my wife PAYS a LOT). If you hunt, golf, run, ride bike, garden, etc., etc., etc., then you pay something somewhere. Heck even if your hobby is reading books from the library you pay to support the library (via taxes), you might pay to get there (gasoline or public transit), you might even pay an overdue fine or two.

Plus don't confuse the TOURNAMENT with hobby or regular PSC contest. If someone's not willing to put up $5 then they're probably not willing to do their best effort anyway? I don't think everyone would have a something-for-nothing attitude toward the prizes. Just my $0.02

That's a completely fair point & I can see why you've said that however my point is that by paying $29.95 a year should we then have to pay more to enter a contest?

As I said a small entry fee for non advantage users would, in my opinion, be the best way to cut down on no shows.

PS is not my only hobby, I'm paying for those also but I just don't see why we should have to pay more for something we've already paid for & leave ourselves possibly on the breadline so we can enjoy & take part in something.

Cartoon Contractor

Post Wed May 05, 2010 6:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Cartoon Contractor wrote:

Yeah, that was it! Very Happy

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Wed May 05, 2010 7:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Ya know, I've been on this site way too long. Every H2H we have the same drama threads...and rewriting of rules and mod bashing.

Post Wed May 05, 2010 7:10 pm   Reply with quote         

nancers wrote:
Ya know, I've been on this site way too long. Every H2H we have the same drama threads...and rewriting of rules and mod bashing.

Oh! Oh! Show of hands! How many people think the source sucked?

Laughing

Hug ((((MODS)))) Hug

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Wed May 05, 2010 8:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Wait, wait!!!

I think the contests are too long...there's too much time between rounds. Let's just have 1 day for posting and 1 day for voting.

Post Wed May 05, 2010 8:11 pm   Reply with quote         

nancers wrote:
Wait, wait!!!

I think the contests are too long...there's too much time between rounds. Let's just have 1 day for posting and 1 day for voting.

then after that they can release the source..... Laughing

MamaBallistic

Post Wed May 05, 2010 8:17 pm   Reply with quote         

JORDAN792 wrote:
nancers wrote:
Wait, wait!!!

then after that they can release the source..... Laughing

or the source and an image for us to submit Laughing

blue_lurker

Post Wed May 05, 2010 8:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Come on peole is this for real. Its a game, no lives will be lost if you loose, no children kidnapped...its a game, it should be fun. Yeah it has rules and yes they were bent a lot again, btu its just a game aint it...and well games should be fun...arent they...so come on lets just take it on the chin...(In arcos case up the a...) and enjoy the art, talent, ideas and last of all the good sportemanship.

Ok soapbox over move it on..... Very Happy

TheShaman

Post Wed May 05, 2010 8:52 pm   Reply with quote         

nancers wrote:
Every H2H we have the same drama threads...and rewriting of rules and mod bashing.

I dont think you'd have the same type of drama if the rules weren't bent like pretzels every year. (oh who am I kidding its always something right?)

Yes! Its a competition, and yes it should be fun. IMHO things go all dramatic when stuff that everyone supposedly agrees to from the beginning starts getting messed with.

Kinda like kids at the school yard that change rules every 5 minutes during the game.

Just enforce the rules already in place. Is it that much to ask? Change should come before or after a game, not during.

Lets just get on with this tournament, and hope PSC will fix it for the (hopefully) next one.

again cheers to everyone who puts this together and participates. I personally love this competition. I just want it to be as good and run as smooth as possible.

Former Site Moderator

Post Wed May 05, 2010 9:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Think about this in terms of people who "read things differently" Some are black and white rule followers, others are shades of grey interpreters of rules.

If we bend the rules (shades of grey) the black and white people cause drama.

If we "enforce" the rules (black and white) the grey people cause drama.

There's always drama either way...I'm older than you and I'm a woman. I'm right.

*edit*
Judging from your avatar, you appear to be a shade of grey kind of guy, but your background makes it clear you are a black and white person.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Wed May 05, 2010 9:13 pm   Reply with quote         

"The Shaman isn't BAD, he's just DRAWN that way!"

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - H2H no-shows allowed back in AGAIN - Reply to topic