Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Week 3 outside Sources - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Granulated

Post Fri May 21, 2010 2:27 pm   Reply with quote         

You have to revert to the original non-silly text on the link at bottom right of my entry to see the major external used.

The pen and pen holder were also used on this old chop of mine

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/107193/-milton-.html

Post Fri May 21, 2010 3:20 pm   Reply with quote         

First: CONGRATS to my opponent bogonet!! Excellent idea and execution and a deserving win.

Second: I like the animation idea that Desh did, so here is mine....resized a little to get the file size down.

nat_g31

Post Fri May 21, 2010 7:41 pm   Reply with quote         

I like the desh idea too. It really showcases everything that went into the chop. So does showing the externals. . . unfortunately keeping externals means being an organized chopper which I am not.
Here is mine from the start (externals used for pictures on chalkboard, background, hat, badge, sunglass frames, and a picture of Arc I lifted off the scavenger hunt for the reflection)

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West
pakimo

Post Fri May 21, 2010 7:54 pm   Reply with quote         

nat_g31 wrote:
I like the desh idea too. It really showcases everything that went into the chop. So does showing the externals. . . unfortunately keeping externals means being an organized chopper which I am not.
Here is mine from the start (externals used for pictures on chalkboard, background, hat, badge, sunglass frames, and a picture of Arc I lifted off the scavenger hunt for the reflection)

I see you tried the subliminal-VOTE!-idea. Laughing Wink

arcaico

Post Fri May 21, 2010 8:03 pm   Reply with quote         

pakimo wrote:
nat_g31 wrote:

yeah... but my subliminal bears intercourse broke the effect of his subliminal vote message...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

nat_g31

Post Fri May 21, 2010 8:22 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
pakimo wrote:
nat_g31 wrote:

yeah... but my subliminal bears intercourse broke the effect of his subliminal vote message...

I knew when I saw bear intercourse I was toast. Laughing

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West
abraham

Post Sat May 22, 2010 2:43 am   Reply with quote         

Mine has 11 externals including 2 from previous rounds and the one sleeping, that's not me Laughing

I'm thinking, what if I posted my entry with the idea list to make the story much clearer, could I have had swayed at least couple more votes? Laughing . Still can't get over it, I'll be missing next rounds Laughing . More please!

And what's funny, 1 of the idea was a based on the scene from brokeback mountain (see below image), with police theme instead of cowboys but I thought some wouldn't get the humor. Then when I opened the contest I saw Andy's (granulated) gay tex thing, that could have been an all gay thing contest Laughing

Post Sat May 22, 2010 4:24 am   Reply with quote         

My links for round 3

nat_g31

Post Sat May 22, 2010 7:16 am   Reply with quote         

Ha Abe, I never even noticed the dude sleeping until you just mentioned it. Laughing

glennhanna

Post Mon May 24, 2010 2:26 am   Reply with quote         

Oh I hated this entry with a passion. Not so much the general idea, but I overloaded on outside sources, my Photoshop kept running out of memory, and I had to keep flattening things into new files in order to keep the system running smoothly. I was going to start over on another idea, but felt guilty about quitting a dedication to firemen on 9/11, so I just had to finish what I started. My execution is far better when I do all-source chops, and I hate using externals. I got carried away with it this time and it was just too much for me to keep focus on executing one thing at a time. It turned into a garbled nightmare, but the image came a long way from when I first started ripping my hair out. Still way too many flaws for my taste. Oh well, I did learn some new things watching some tutorials while doing this, even though none of them were of value for this project, I'll get to use those techniques on future projects.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Tue May 25, 2010 12:29 pm   Reply with quote         

respect to you for finishing what you felt strongly for G

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Tue May 25, 2010 12:30 pm   Reply with quote         

kittie wrote:
First off I'd like to say great job to my opponent
Vokaris and to the rest of the week 3 winners!

Figured I'd start the thread on this weeks sources.

English village Smile

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Week 3 outside Sources - Reply to topic