Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Letter to America - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

MamaBallistic

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:23 pm   Reply with quote         

I LOVE seeing Scotland, Wales AND Ireland get beat at most things they do - apart from Olympics & F1 (when they find someone good enough, or sober enough, to race from elsewhere Laughing ) because for some reason we're united again then... otherwise SCREW THOSE GUYS!!!

That said I always get behind Rangers because quite frankly I despise the bloody green & white hoopy poo!!!

Anyway..... ENGLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!

A warning to USA.... the end is nigh Wink

DaVinci

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:38 am   Reply with quote         

So far all world cup matches are disappointing (except Germany - Australia)
...but today, the orange army will show you guys how it's done Wink

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:54 am   Reply with quote         

MamaBallistic wrote:
I LOVE seeing Scotland, Wales AND Ireland get beat at most things they do - apart from Olympics & F1 (when they find someone good enough, or sober enough, to race from elsewhere Laughing ) because for some reason we're united again then... otherwise SCREW THOSE GUYS!!!

That said I always get behind Rangers because quite frankly I despise the bloody green & white hoopy poo!!!

sober enough!! oh yeah the english dont drink alcohol Rolling Eyes

mastermason

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:14 am   Reply with quote         

MamaBallistic wrote:

At least we do have something in common except that I love seeing England getting beat.

That goal sure made my day.

supak0ma

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:04 am   Reply with quote         

Bluesbro wrote:
arcaico wrote:
supak0ma wrote:
Bluesbro wrote:
Is that what makes it sounds like there were bees buzzing all game. Very annoying for sure. I try to like soccer (ok, football Rolling Eyes) but it is SO boring. And every time someone actually tries to make an offensive move you can bet one or the other of the players near the ball will fall down as if hit by a shotgun blast ... but on replay there was maybe minimal contact if any. And don't even get me started on the freakin prima donnas that get carried off on a stretcher, only to return to the field (ok, pitch Rolling Eyes ) 5 minutes later. Rule change number 1 ... if you get carried out on a stretcher your out of the game wimp. If most of those folks would just run the play out they may actually make the game somewhat exciting. Instead, they flop down and roll in agony and waste a minute or two while the ref holds up a card ... just play the game and stop the academy award auditions pussies.

have you ever played a football match? if not i suggest you shut up. Wink

I second that... shut the fuck up... bet you're a yankee...

I realize the boring comment is my opinion, and totally relative. And I respect your opinions. But what part of anything else I said is not true? The games continuity is ruined by players feigning a near death experience every time two people get within a foot of each other. On slow motion replays it looked like the majority of the time the players were falling down on their own. Wouldn't it be more exciting if they tried to play through the contact a little? They may even force more scoring opportunities Surprised Oh no, can't have that ... lol.

Maybe someone with a more distant perspective can offer some constructive critisism that someone so ingrained in tradition cannot? Yankee or no, I am just calling them as I see them. Feel free to engage in a non name calling debate and prove me wrong.

sorry, but the way i think, to have an opinion you've got to know how something works, at least know the surface, if you don't you're simply having a thought, not an opinion. i completely agree the simulations are irritating, believe me i get really pissed off, but you can't dismiss every contact as that, even if the contact is not as "macho" as you would like it to be, you have to understand the dynamics of this game, when you tackle someone you're aiming for the lower part, the players are running so it is easy to go flying with minimal contact, it's called momentum or inertia. Again if you watch closely you'd see how rough some contacts can be, elbows fly around all the time and players get hurt badly, but that is why there are penalties for rough play, yellow and red cards. If you would understand something about football tactics you would know why in some games there are few scoring occasions, it is a game of chess between the two managers, sometimes they block each other with their moves, sometimes one makes far better decisions than his colleague. Also, the athletes on the field, these are incredible athletes, again, if you've never played it, you can't even start imagining what it takes to play a full 90 minutes match, i assure you it is excruciating for a normal person. The problem with you north americans is the constant macho attitude and the fact that you're obsessed with victory and big numbers, i don't think football will ever pick up over there. Football is primarily about fraternity and fair play (this last one often forgotten), i agree times have changed and now it is mostly about money, but still i can remember the game i fell in love with playing in the street when i was a small child. No biggie really tho, if you don't like it, just don't watch it. The rest of the world is righteously in love with the game. I wonder how your players must feel, knowing their fans think they're a bunch of good for nothing sissies! Poor fellas.

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:21 am   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
Bluesbro wrote:
arcaico wrote:
supak0ma wrote:
Bluesbro wrote:
Is that what makes it sounds like there were bees buzzing all game. Very annoying for sure. I try to like soccer (ok, football Rolling Eyes) but it is SO boring. And every time someone actually tries to make an offensive move you can bet one or the other of the players near the ball will fall down as if hit by a shotgun blast ... but on replay there was maybe minimal contact if any. And don't even get me started on the freakin prima donnas that get carried off on a stretcher, only to return to the field (ok, pitch Rolling Eyes ) 5 minutes later. Rule change number 1 ... if you get carried out on a stretcher your out of the game wimp. If most of those folks would just run the play out they may actually make the game somewhat exciting. Instead, they flop down and roll in agony and waste a minute or two while the ref holds up a card ... just play the game and stop the academy award auditions pussies.

have you ever played a football match? if not i suggest you shut up. Wink

I second that... shut the fuck up... bet you're a yankee...

I realize the boring comment is my opinion, and totally relative. And I respect your opinions. But what part of anything else I said is not true? The games continuity is ruined by players feigning a near death experience every time two people get within a foot of each other. On slow motion replays it looked like the majority of the time the players were falling down on their own. Wouldn't it be more exciting if they tried to play through the contact a little? They may even force more scoring opportunities Surprised Oh no, can't have that ... lol.

Maybe someone with a more distant perspective can offer some constructive critisism that someone so ingrained in tradition cannot? Yankee or no, I am just calling them as I see them. Feel free to engage in a non name calling debate and prove me wrong.

sorry, but the way i think, to have an opinion you've got to know how something works, at least know the surface, if you don't you're simply having a thought, not an opinion. i completely agree the simulations are irritating, believe me i get really pissed off, but you can't dismiss every contact as that, even if the contact is not as "macho" as you would like it to be, you have to understand the dynamics of this game, when you tackle someone you're aiming for the lower part, the players are running so it is easy to go flying with minimal contact, it's called momentum or inertia. Again if you watch closely you'd see how rough some contacts can be, elbows fly around all the time and players get hurt badly, but that is why there are penalties for rough play, yellow and red cards. If you would understand something about football tactics you would know why in some games there are few scoring occasions, it is a game of chess between the two managers, sometimes they block each other with their moves, sometimes one makes far better decisions than his colleague. Also, the athletes on the field, these are incredible athletes, again, if you've never played it, you can't even start imagining what it takes to play a full 90 minutes match, i assure you it is excruciating for a normal person. The problem with you north americans is the constant macho attitude and the fact that you're obsessed with victory and big numbers, i don't think football will ever pick up over there. Football is primarily about fraternity and fair play (this last one often forgotten), i agree times have changed and now it is mostly about money, but still i can remember the game i fell in love with playing in the street when i was a small child. No biggie really tho, if you don't like it, just don't watch it. The rest of the world is righteously in love with the game. I wonder how your players must feel, knowing their fans think they're a bunch of good for nothing sissies! Poor fellas.

hurt badly !!!come on. you should watch the UFC sometime and trust me your not going to get badly hurt by some flying elbows.

supak0ma

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:29 am   Reply with quote         

wtf? has it come to what sport is more violent? what the hell has a combat sport to do with football? does "hurt badly" have to mean you're on a stretcher in an ambulance? bah

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:36 am   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
wtf? has it come to what sport is more violent? what the hell has a combat sport to do with football? does "hurt badly" have to mean you're on a stretcher in an ambulance? bah

just admit it footballers are a bunch of pussies. badly hurt Laughing

supak0ma

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:42 am   Reply with quote         

just admit your comparison is lame Laughing

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:49 am   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
just admit your comparison is lame Laughing

Nooo NEVER Laughing

supak0ma

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:53 am   Reply with quote         

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:54 am   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:

lmao Laughing Laughing ok after that. OK IT WAS LAME

supak0ma

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:04 am   Reply with quote         

Twisted Evil

anfa

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:10 am   Reply with quote         

Starman wrote:
hurt badly !!!come on. you should watch the UFC sometime and trust me your not going to get badly hurt by some flying elbows.

Tell that to Tab Ramos, he spent three and half months in hospital with a fractured skull after this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30rSHY9aFBI&feature=player_embedded

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:35 am   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
Starman wrote:

Tell that to Tab Ramos, he spent three and half months in hospital with a fractured skull after this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30rSHY9aFBI&feature=player_embedded

that was just a tap on the head Laughing Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mdTAtD-u10&feature=related

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Letter to America - Reply to topic