Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Migrated Topics - Graphics and Copyright - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

tjsnaps

Post Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:44 am   Reply with quote         

Tablet if you are just practicing and not doing anything with the pics it shouldn’t really matter. When I first got into Photoshop I pulled a lot of images from the yahoo personals to retouch. <br><br>Something a lot of people hear don’t seem to understand is that photographers take there pictures very seriously. They consider them works of art. And many of them especially the traditionalist consider Photoshop to be nothing more than a for of graffiti. Furthermore those who do it for a living expect payment for any use what so ever. <br><br>On the other hand if you ask for permission first, you might be surprised how many would agree and might even with to see the finished product.<br>

irishstu

Post Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:16 am   Reply with quote         

What code says..... as usual, (he knows a thing or two about a thing or two). His bookmarks/favourites folder has over 5 million links.

...currently experiencing some dysfunctional internal protocol problems.

http://diystrat.blogspot.com/
tjsnaps

Post Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:40 am   Reply with quote         

Scol that means the image can be used by the photographer. (a celebrity or any one else for that matter can not assume a right to privicy while in a public place. Therefor a photographer may take the picture for personal use or for news worthy puplication) But the photographer owns the image. You do not have the right to chop it. though most of this kind of thing is overlooked with celeb pics.<br><br>Did you know that if you have your picture taken at a photo studio the rights to those pictures are the photographers not yours. You pay only for the prints you recieve. It is illegal to scan them and make your own copies even though its your face.

scrolbar

Post Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:00 am   Reply with quote         

Gee you mean I have right to all the portraits I took in my studio? <I>(Hmmmmm, Maybe that is why I stamped PROOF on all those f*cking wedding pictures and had people sign release forms before I put their pictures on the wall of the studio.)</I> <br><br>Photos made in pubic places are legal as hell for any use,<B> if YOU took them…</B><br><br>Sorry for the sarcasm but I was talking about the use of celebrity and building pictures.

irishstu

Post Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:25 am   Reply with quote         

Aww tj, I thought you were gonna say that YOU took the photo. boorrrrrrrrrinnngggg......

...currently experiencing some dysfunctional internal protocol problems.

http://diystrat.blogspot.com/
YerPalAl

Post Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:09 am   Reply with quote         

And I hate taking pictures of rocks and trees . . . . . they are real beeyaaashes to get to sign the model release forms.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Migrated Topics - Graphics and Copyright - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Navigate PSC
Contests open  completed  winners  prizes  events  rules  rss 
Galleries votes  authentic  skillful  funny  creative  theme  winners 
Interact register  log in/out  forum  chat  user lookup  contact 
Stats monthly leaders  hall of fame  record holders 
PSC advantage  news (rss)  faq  about  links  contact  home 
Help faq  search  new users  tutorials  contact  password 

Adobe, the Adobe logo, Adobe Photoshop, Creative Suite and Illustrator are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Text and images copyright © 2000-2006 Photoshop Contest. All rights reserved.
A venture of ExpertRating.com