Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Has PSC Died ? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Trann

Post Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:15 pm   Reply with quote         

I used to chop a lot more in the past (when work allowed it) and I enjoyed doing so. Although I didn't arrive until '05, I recall finding the contests to be more... inclusive? Supportive? There was definitely a sense of community to participating because everyone was rather helpful about even the most sucky chops. Cool

I don't remember prizes being a part of it; even if they were offered (and my addled brain cannot recall), I had no aspirations of winning. I was attempting to learn PS and the challenges here were very conducive to that. I gained far more knowledge here than I would have on my own. To me, that was the real strong point of this group.

Through it all, I never had a desire to be a part of the Advantage clique. Even after getting a glimpse into the group through a sponsored buy-in from my Team Chopper mate, TJ, I felt that only those with a deep interest and far more time on their hands than I would benefit.

Chopper wrote:
If I were the owner of this site, I would restore PSC to what it was around 2002 to 2004.
Make Advantage a 5 day preview...and make it FREE to everyone.
Generate income strictly from Adsense.

I like this. A lot.

arcaico

Post Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:15 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
marcoballistic wrote:
TheShaman wrote:
arcaico wrote:
Where is the Like button?

I wish PSC had that button, and ignore would be useful too.

FACT AWARD!

(Presses "Ignore" button)

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Luxwiz

Post Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:44 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
ReyRey wrote:
marcoballistic wrote:
TheShaman wrote:
arcaico wrote:

I wish PSC had that button, and ignore would be useful too.

FACT AWARD!

(Presses "Ignore" button)

Where is the rewind button... Raising Brow study

Eepi

Post Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:58 pm   Reply with quote         

I have been away for a while but I'll be back.
About four weeks and then I'll have time to chop just for fun.

There is a gooooood reason for that:
I'm sorry guys. You all are number 2. She is number 1 Smile

Tesore

Post Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Haha... there can't be a better reason!
She is lovely Eepie!

rockyjob

Post Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:08 am   Reply with quote         

Chopper wrote:
Reason PSC is dying:
I don't think it was JMH leaving. I think it was partly the implementation of the newest version of this site (which was coincidentally implemented just before ownership changed hands).

The latest version of PSC split up Advantage and Non-Advantage members by isolating them into separate chat rooms. Huge mistake!

Advantage went to 30 days, making it ridiculous in the amount of time a person could work on an image.

However, above all, the real killer to this site is the fact that you have to pay to compete fairly with other members. Advantage is a recipe for losing traffic...pure and simple.

There are too many other Photoshop sites out there to expect newbies to want to pay to participate here. I understand paying for p0rn, but who's going to pay for previewing Photoshop images.

Advantage may have worked before, but in today's market, where everything is free (and supported through advertisement), asking members to pay will inevitably cause less members to join.

PSC is like Classmates.com
What idiot is going to want to pay to join Classmates, when Facebook is offering the same thing (but better) at no cost.

If I were the owner of this site, I would restore PSC to what it was around 2002 to 2004.
Remove all restrictions from chat...no character limit, everyone can post and view photos.

This is the most reasonable thing I've read so far. An equal site. Also, I remember Nancers made a Poll months ago, many eagerly voted but NOTHING was implemented fully. Makes me angry I wasted my time filling a survey, trying to be helpful, for it just to be thrown in the trash...forgotten. This is why this site isn't going places. I bet you about 70-80% of the people would like only 5 day advantage, 99% of the members would like the site to be free and equal, and 80% would like a layout change and new site format. And no I'm not bitching, this is something only the mods and owners can do, and should do. If we were listened to more, maybe, just maybe we wouldn't have bitchy forums, bitchy attitudes and a bitchy community. I complain and I whine but it's because no one's heard, no one cares, no one gives a shit! For years members have suggested and even MADE site layouts, forum polls have been made on certain things, people expressed dissatisfaction over the years, but since I guess 2007, the year I joined, nothing changed. The only guy who listened to the members and cared and did something was Splodge. SO the internet evolves while this place stays prehistoric, or course eventually it's gonna die.
Every one tries to help, but hey, who cares right? That's not gonna change something, lets just completely ignore completely useful forums, surveys and comments and watch this place get fucked up! Very Happy
Ignore the grammar issues, I see them but I'm too tired to change them.

Post Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:24 am   Reply with quote         

rockyjob wrote:
Chopper wrote:
Reason PSC is dying:
I don't think it was JMH leaving. I think it was partly the implementation of the newest version of this site (which was coincidentally implemented just before ownership changed hands).

The latest version of PSC split up Advantage and Non-Advantage members by isolating them into separate chat rooms. Huge mistake!

Advantage went to 30 days, making it ridiculous in the amount of time a person could work on an image.

However, above all, the real killer to this site is the fact that you have to pay to compete fairly with other members. Advantage is a recipe for losing traffic...pure and simple.

There are too many other Photoshop sites out there to expect newbies to want to pay to participate here. I understand paying for p0rn, but who's going to pay for previewing Photoshop images.

Advantage may have worked before, but in today's market, where everything is free (and supported through advertisement), asking members to pay will inevitably cause less members to join.

PSC is like Classmates.com
What idiot is going to want to pay to join Classmates, when Facebook is offering the same thing (but better) at no cost.

Remove all restrictions from chat...no character limit, everyone can post and view photos.

This is the most reasonable thing I've read so far. An equal site. Also, I remember Nancers made a Poll months ago, many eagerly voted but NOTHING was implemented fully. Makes me angry I wasted my time filling a survey, trying to be helpful, for it just to be thrown in the trash...forgotten. This is why this site isn't going places. I bet you about 70-80% of the people would like only 5 day advantage, 99% of the members would like the site to be free and equal, and 80% would like a layout change and new site format. And no I'm not bitching, this is something only the mods and owners can do, and should do. If we were listened to more, maybe, just maybe we wouldn't have bitchy forums, bitchy attitudes and a bitchy community. I complain and I whine but it's because no one's heard, no one cares, no one gives a shit! For years members have suggested and even MADE site layouts, forum polls have been made on certain things, people expressed dissatisfaction over the years, but since I guess 2007, the year I joined, nothing changed. The only guy who listened to the members and cared and did something was Splodge. SO the internet evolves while this place stays prehistoric, or course eventually it's gonna die.
Every one tries to help, but hey, who cares right? That's not gonna change something, lets just completely ignore completely useful forums, surveys and comments and watch this place get fucked up! Very Happy
Ignore the grammar issues, I see them but I'm too tired to change them.

Wow. It's unheard! People actually agree on whatever you say, nothing happens with solutions that members bring up with! :O

Come on Proc & Mods... i would say that if there would be any time that things have to change, it's now.

Post Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:36 am   Reply with quote         

I don't give a damn about how the site looks like... Anfa with a great (Candy) chop and just 20 votes... that's the real bull shit!
Stop talking and start chopping, voting/commenting or go away!
Evil or Very Mad

Post Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:29 am   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:
I don't give a damn about how the site looks like... Anfa with a great (Candy) chop and just 20 votes... that's the real bull shit!
Evil or Very Mad

Well said. However, giving the other members who are already chopping the chance to see the sources a few days before the contest opens will definitely improve the quality of images and the number of entries.

Tesore

Post Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:07 am   Reply with quote         

koorio wrote:
Tesore wrote:
Evil or Very Mad

Well said. However, giving the other members who are already chopping the chance to see the sources a few days before the contest opens will definitely improve the quality of images and the number of entries.

PSC Advantage 2 Years $39.95 - best value, that's about $1.70 per month!

rockyjob

Post Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:13 am   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:
Evil or Very Mad

Oh that makes sense, let's pretend everything is fine, and that this site is rising up, and let's not offer criticism at all! Wow, gee that's better. Ignoring the problem is so much easier, thanks Tes Very Happy

rockyjob

Post Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:24 am   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:
koorio wrote:
Tesore wrote:
Evil or Very Mad

PSC Advantage 2 Years $39.95 - best value, that's about $1.70 per month!

Stop acting so elitist. Not everyone has a paypal account or has a credit card. And not everyone wants to pay for something that's fun. And by the way, no one wants to risk spending $40 on something they don't know if they'll like. So the $1.70 per month is completely irrelevant, because no newcomer would ever buy 2 years advantage. You gotta look at the 3 month advantage prices first, then maybe the 1 year advantage. And if you don't think the site should be free and equal, I respect you, but don't rub it in everyone's face on how its affordable to everyone, because, it's not.

Tesore

Post Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am   Reply with quote         

You forgot Sarcasm

If there are no "problems" available on psc, men will create new problems just for the fun of it.
And I am sick and tired of the forum pollution.
As if there are no real problems enough in this world.
This forum is about chopping, learning, friendship and having fun, not just to light up some people's boring lives.

What a waste of sweet chopping time Rolling Eyes

nat_g31

Post Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:08 am   Reply with quote         

Are there things that can be improved?
Yes.
Are there great things about PSC?
Yes.

It seems the biggest hinderance is the people who go away for months and only pop in to run their mouths and bitch and moan. Pop in and say some good things, give some advise, chop a picture every now and then. Play in the games we have every so often.
It's members like Claf and Rey Rey who stop in and chop, offer advise, share tutorials and psd files, etc. That help keep this place going.
And don't forget the people who do actually chop. I don't think contributing one chop a month is going to kill you if you love this place.
And I disagree about the things about Proc. He is around more then he gets credit for.
Now with all sincerity. . . . STFUAC

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West
blue_lurker

Post Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:49 am   Reply with quote         

rockyjob wrote:
Tesore wrote:
Evil or Very Mad

Oh that makes sense, let's pretend everything is fine, and that this site is rising up, and let's not offer criticism at all! Wow, gee that's better. Ignoring the problem is so much easier, thanks Tes Very Happy

Dont like it bloody leave, but please if your not going to actually do something to help other than bitch and whine and complain then I beleive that PSC is better of with out you.

I have been around this site a long time now it ebbs and flows like many other out there, Im sure you can find a site that YOU like and when you do then stay there, because I have seen nothing positive from all your ranting and forum posting.

Oh and dont bother responding because Im not listening any more.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Has PSC Died ? - Reply to topic