Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Migrated Topics - The new poll question... - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

leif

Post Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:48 pm   Reply with quote         

maybe we should have a poularity contest?<br><br>...just a thought

Post Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:57 pm   Reply with quote         

The idea is that it increases the sense of community. It is interesting to see that someone youve seen around psc posted. Also the discussion forum can actually involve discussing photoshop occasionally again :-O<br><br>It allows you to "follow" people through their journey tword becoming good photoshoppers, notice their improvement, and give them specific advice. <br>

tjsnaps

Post Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:18 pm   Reply with quote         

thats what the profiles are for

ho0ly

Post Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:58 pm   Reply with quote         

How bout they put it in our personal settings? Let us choose if we want them masked or not? Would that be possible?

Post Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Fugue - "<i>Can you explain that?</i>"<br>no

mint

Post Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Holy sh*t! 974 votes, 130 posts, wow. Thanks Splodge for digging it up.

splodge

Post Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:09 pm   Reply with quote         

http://photoshopcontest.com/archives?limit=9<br>go to any page in all contests, except the first one, change the number at the end to the number of days you want to go back, 365 is always a good place to start Smile

Hallcross Toots
HandToolUK

Post Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:59 pm   Reply with quote         

<i>judge their entries more fairly against what you know their ability is<br><br>Naaah...</i><br><br>I agree, I disagree with that. (If you see what I mean!) I was just putting that forward as one of the (in my opinion, poor) reasons given by some to justify removing "anonymity"

Post Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:26 am   Reply with quote         

Regarding using profiles to track the progress of new users...<br><br>Did you look at the contest that just ended? Did you recognize any names that you may not have seen before? Did you click to their profile to see if the 6 votes they received was better than their last image or should have gotten more based on their progress?<br><br>How many people actually do this?<br>Im ashamed to say I dont. <br>With non-anon, I would recognize a new user the day the image was posted and make a choice then and there to place a vote, sometimes based on how well it was done compared to all the other entries and sometimes based on how much better it was than their last one.

Post Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:37 am   Reply with quote         

a final point...<br><br>it SEEMED to be more a gathering of "friends" than a gathering of competitors when it was not anonymous. I liked that.

Post Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:37 am   Reply with quote         

Once again I have to say we need a jury of artistes to judge the images posted here. Voting is far too important to be left to the masses.<br><br>

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:43 am   Reply with quote         

I agree with Showcase and Scrols Razz<br><br>I think no matter what jmh decides to do there will be a lot of beeyaaashing and moaning, and maybe a few tantrums.<br> <br>For what it’s worth, the first time around I voted to go to anonymous posting. I’ve changed my mind. It’s not nearly as much fun anymore, like showcase said, it seemed to be more a gathering of friends goofing off and having fun with Photoshop. Now it seems more like than a bunch of people competing against each other. <br><br>I could elaborate, but most of what I think has already been said, and if I elaborate, someone will most likely slam me anyway.

Post Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:57 am   Reply with quote         

I agree with nanceroo a lot

jmh132
Site Moderator

Post Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:31 am   Reply with quote         

I am making some progress on the new site. If I do decide to show the authors and voters of each post it is in the hopes of bringing back the strong community feel of psc that it once had. All of you have great points for both sides of the argument.

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks for the work jmh!

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Migrated Topics - The new poll question... - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Navigate PSC
Contests open  completed  winners  prizes  events  rules  rss 
Galleries votes  authentic  skillful  funny  creative  theme  winners 
Interact register  log in/out  forum  chat  user lookup  contact 
Stats monthly leaders  hall of fame  record holders 
PSC advantage  news (rss)  faq  about  links  contact  home 
Help faq  search  new users  tutorials  contact  password 

Adobe, the Adobe logo, Adobe Photoshop, Creative Suite and Illustrator are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Text and images copyright © 2000-2006 Photoshop Contest. All rights reserved.
A venture of ExpertRating.com