Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - HOT CHOPS - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Should HOT CHOPS be HOT LINKED?

Yes! I feel your pain.

56%

56%

[ 9 ]

No. It could spell the apocolypse!

43%

43%

[ 7 ]

Total Votes: 16

jasper

Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:54 am   Reply with quote         

I have been frustrated for some time about the home page here. For some odd reason there are no links on the HOT CHOPS. Many times I want to see one of the HOT CHOPS in a larger format, but I can only click "watch this contest". It seems counter-intuitive to me. Your opinions are welcome.

TheShaman

Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:00 am   Reply with quote         

Really shouldn't be called Hot Chops...
It should be called random entries from today's contest.
But that's too long...

Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:55 am   Reply with quote         

I brought this up the day after they started doing the hot chops. Confused

jasper

Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:49 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:

While we're on the subject of the home page... It took me 3 years to kick the habit if clicking on the forum link and click the little arrow/paper icon on the forum topics to jump to the last page of the topic. It also seems that it should be the other way around - the title (with all of it's glorious real estate) should have the link to the last post and there should be an icon to "rewind" <- [] before it.

2 more cents.

ReyRey

Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Jasper has spoken. Bow

YerPalAl

Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:23 pm   Reply with quote         

I feel Jasper's pain.

Either that or reyrey is standing on my foot.

Sh!Za

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:09 am   Reply with quote         

I feel yerpalal's frustration 'bout jasper's pain!

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:47 am   Reply with quote         

jasper wrote:
ReyRey wrote:

While we're on the subject of the home page... It took me 3 years to kick the habit if clicking on the forum link and click the little arrow/paper icon on the forum topics to jump to the last page of the topic. It also seems that it should be the other way around - the title (with all of it's glorious real estate) should have the link to the last post and there should be an icon to "rewind" <- [] before it.

2 more cents.

So............ you say that when you want to read a forum you want to know the comments, not the first entry?

There is a very cool thing going on here on PSC sugar, that was created especially for that reason (jumping to the last entry post of a forum YOU HAVE POSTED ON) and that is the message you get in your mailbox (the mailbox you used to sign up to photoshopcontest dot com) - when you receive a message it says: "The forum you are watching has received more comments" And the link provided will get you right till the first message that was entered since you last looked at that forum. And then you can read back to your hearts content should you want to do that....

How about it... In all those years you have been responding to forums you never noticed this?

What a pitty

glennhanna

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:00 am   Reply with quote         

Get off the couch you lazy bastards! Is a couple extra clicks of a mouse too tedious?

supak0ma

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:02 am   Reply with quote         

jasper wrote:
I have been frustrated for some time about the home page here. For some odd reason there are no links on the HOT CHOPS. Many times I want to see one of the HOT CHOPS in a larger format, but I can only click "watch this contest". It seems counter-intuitive to me. Your opinions are welcome.

this was discussed at the time, it would give an unfair advantage to the images displayed in the home page

TheShaman wrote:
But that's too long...

It's called HOT CHOPS because it is a selection of 3 random entries out of the first twelve in order of votes.

Sh!Za

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:15 am   Reply with quote         

jasper wrote:

In my opinion its a pretty good decision to make no links on the HOT SHOTS! cause then ppl have to take a look on all entries, to find his favotite... and this way disadvantage members will get more vievs and votes for their work!

BTW brilliant movie "hot shots 2" Very Happy Very Happy

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:28 am   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:

TheShaman wrote:
But that's too long...

It's called HOT CHOPS because it is a selection of 3 random entries out of the first twelve in order of votes.

ah so it is vote related. Lately there were only 12 or so entries anyway, so I didn't notice that. Laughing

BTW I just realized when you click "watch this contest" it actually brings you to said contest in vote mode, instead of default.

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:49 pm   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
jasper wrote:

this was discussed at the time, it would give an unfair advantage to the images displayed in the home page

TheShaman wrote:
But that's too long...

That's a contradiction. If they're RANDOMLY Chosen, how could that be an advantage, isn't it still the luck of the draw? Seriously, they are the absolute ONLY 3 images on the page that are not hotlinked. In my opinion, if a chop catches my eye on that home page I'm very interested to see what it looks like larger. couldn't it a least pull up the larger image and NOT show who's it is or even take you to the voting page?

The potential I see for HOT CHOPS if it was truly done right, is that late entries that are gaining traction could actually WIN instead of being penalized for being late - which is actually a BENEFIT for non-advantage members. HARRRRUMPH!

C'mon now - people are worried about an UNFAIR ADVANTAGE

YET

People pay for an unfair advantage that's actually CALLED Advantage? Let's be real.

jasper

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:57 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:

BTW I just realized when you click "watch this contest" it actually brings you to said contest in vote mode, instead of default.

Excellent point - doesn't this give an advantage to the entries with the most votes?

jasper

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:12 pm   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:

So............ you say that when you want to read a forum you want to know the comments, not the first entry?

There is a very cool thing going on here on PSC sugar, that was created especially for that reason (jumping to the last entry post of a forum YOU HAVE POSTED ON) and that is the message you get in your mailbox (the mailbox you used to sign up to photoshopcontest dot com) - when you receive a message it says: "The forum you are watching has received more comments" And the link provided will get you right till the first message that was entered since you last looked at that forum. And then you can read back to your hearts content should you want to do that....

How about it... In all those years you have been responding to forums you never noticed this?

What a pitty

SUGAR LUMPS, I'm WELL aware of that feature. I'm talking about the links on the home page. I DO follow some of the topics and I DO get emails from time to time. THAT IS NOT MY POINT.

For instance, I don't really need to see the first page of "What the hell is it?" every time - I think I GET what it's about by now.

and though I don't really mind seeing
every time, and then clicking page 138 or whatever it's on now, I'd prefer to just jump to the last entry by default on the link, that's all.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - HOT CHOPS - Reply to topic