Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - HOT CHOPS - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Should HOT CHOPS be HOT LINKED?

Yes! I feel your pain.

56%

56%

[ 9 ]

No. It could spell the apocolypse!

43%

43%

[ 7 ]

Total Votes: 16

annajon

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:17 pm   Reply with quote         

jasper wrote:
annajon wrote:

So............ you say that when you want to read a forum you want to know the comments, not the first entry?

There is a very cool thing going on here on PSC sugar, that was created especially for that reason (jumping to the last entry post of a forum YOU HAVE POSTED ON) and that is the message you get in your mailbox (the mailbox you used to sign up to photoshopcontest dot com) - when you receive a message it says: "The forum you are watching has received more comments" And the link provided will get you right till the first message that was entered since you last looked at that forum. And then you can read back to your hearts content should you want to do that....

How about it... In all those years you have been responding to forums you never noticed this?

What a pitty

SUGAR LUMPS, I'm WELL aware of that feature. I'm talking about the links on the home page. I DO follow some of the topics and I DO get emails from time to time. THAT IS NOT MY POINT.

For instance, I don't really need to see the forst page of "What the hell is it?" every time - I think I GET what it's about by now.

and though I don't really mind seeing
every time, and then clicking page 138 or whatever it's on now, I'd prefer to just jump to the last entry by default on the link, that's all.

Isn't that why the page numbers are 1, 2, 3, ..... 101, 102, 103, next at the top of the first page?

Not much thumbing through the pages there, I guess, and I tried it out in the THEMES add one thing... by ReinMan to proof my point.

but perhaps it is only me who thinks that

jasper

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:37 pm   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:
jasper wrote:
annajon wrote:

So............ you say that when you want to read a forum you want to know the comments, not the first entry?

There is a very cool thing going on here on PSC sugar, that was created especially for that reason (jumping to the last entry post of a forum YOU HAVE POSTED ON) and that is the message you get in your mailbox (the mailbox you used to sign up to photoshopcontest dot com) - when you receive a message it says: "The forum you are watching has received more comments" And the link provided will get you right till the first message that was entered since you last looked at that forum. And then you can read back to your hearts content should you want to do that....

How about it... In all those years you have been responding to forums you never noticed this?

What a pitty

SUGAR LUMPS, I'm WELL aware of that feature. I'm talking about the links on the home page. I DO follow some of the topics and I DO get emails from time to time. THAT IS NOT MY POINT.

For instance, I don't really need to see the first page of "What the hell is it?" every time - I think I GET what it's about by now.

every time, and then clicking page 138 or whatever it's on now, I'd prefer to just jump to the last entry by default on the link, that's all.

Isn't that why the page numbers are 1, 2, 3, ..... 101, 102, 103, next at the top of the first page?

Not much thumbing through the pages there, I guess, and I tried it out in the THEMES add one thing... by ReinMan to proof my point.

Are you saying you didn't know that the image "
" on the home page jumps you to the last entry? I think you're still not getting what I'm saying.

TheShaman

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:48 pm   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:05 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:

ok, now that is REALLY scary!!

Luxwiz

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:06 pm   Reply with quote         

and now a word from our sponsor... Hot Chop

annajon

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:58 pm   Reply with quote         

jasper wrote:
annajon wrote:
jasper wrote:
annajon wrote:

What a pitty

For instance, I don't really need to see the first page of "What the hell is it?" every time - I think I GET what it's about by now.

Are you saying you didn't know that the image "
" on the home page jumps you to the last entry? I think you're still not getting what I'm saying.

Shocked

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing That is the first time I noticed that little thingy

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:13 pm   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing That is the first time I noticed that little thingy

Quite literally "that's what she said". Laughing

Okay back to your regularly scheduled debate. Cool

crmzendrgone

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:47 pm   Reply with quote         

Oh this is getting good.

Paul Von Stetina

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:42 pm   Reply with quote         

Come and get it! Razz

jasper

Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:46 pm   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:

Shocked

AH! Now you see my point, right? How many other people are doing the same thing I wonder. A pitty indeed.

blue_lurker

Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:32 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
annajon wrote:

Quite literally "that's what she said". Laughing

Okay back to your regularly scheduled debate. Cool

What we schedule debates now, geeeez, next thing ya know ya gunna tell me we have a chat room....

Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:47 am   Reply with quote         

Where is the submit entry button for the debates? Or are we still debating where it will go?

seamusoisin

Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:54 am   Reply with quote         

A little thingy?

A spitting monster from hell is more likely. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
ReinMan

Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:03 pm   Reply with quote         

I met a spitting monster once. Shocked

(Damn - I don't have the balls to post the punch line to this set up... I'm such a wussy... ) Huh..

(probably due to that Spitting Monster Experience I had...)

blue_lurker

Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:14 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
I met a spitting monster once. Shocked

(Damn - I don't have the balls to post the punch line to this set up... I'm such a wussy... ) Huh..

(probably due to that Spitting Monster Experience I had...)

What you do in the privacy of your own bathroom is your business Reindude...(Oh yeah and you wont go blind either K)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - HOT CHOPS - Reply to topic