Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Settle an argument? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:25 pm   Reply with quote         

the burning couch wrote:
Eve wrote:
haha! Now we know where you really live.

Damnit Doh!.....now I gotta move again.

*!*

This is perhaps the best music video ever done in the history of mankind, they talk about moving the burning couch and photoshop at exactly 1 minute in, a must watch for anyone that wonders if its PS or if it's real, like these guys... Shocked
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9QpOfhAPXs&feature=related[/youtube]

Zoeon

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:58 am   Reply with quote         

This birds keeps me busy Very Happy

First a took a photo of a cemetery and a bird in front, the sec picture i putted the bird further away and edited some fog and cropped, does this proves anything about the photo taken by frank glick is fake?? No, so what am i doing Very Happy Very Happy

anfa

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:49 am   Reply with quote         

I'm so proud to be British to the point that no matter what you say, I will always believe that this photo is real. It stirs so much patriotic emotion deep within my heart that it isn't possible that it could be fake.

the burning couch

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:43 am   Reply with quote         

My first laugh of the day and I thank you for that, sir.

*!*
anfa wrote:
I'm so proud to be British to the point that no matter what you say, I will always believe that this photo is real. It stirs so much patriotic emotion deep within my heart that it isn't possible that it could be fake.

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:47 am   Reply with quote         

Jeezuz, Paul...I just lost my breakfast after watch'n that.Mad

*!!*
Paul Von Stetina wrote:
the burning couch wrote:
Eve wrote:
haha! Now we know where you really live.

Damnit Doh!.....now I gotta move again.

*!*

This is perhaps the best music video ever done in the history of mankind, they talk about moving the burning couch and photoshop at exactly 1 minute in, a must watch for anyone that wonders if its PS or if it's real, like these guys... Shocked
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9QpOfhAPXs&feature=related[/youtube]

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:03 am   Reply with quote         

Zoeon wrote:
This birds keeps me busy Very Happy

First a took a photo of a cemetery and a bird in front, the sec picture i putted the bird further away and edited some fog and cropped, does this proves anything about the photo taken by frank glick is fake?? No, so what am i doing Very Happy Very Happy

http://errorlevelanalysis.com/
Error level analysis is a quick and easy image forensics method, allowing one to determine if an image has been modified by programs such as Adobe Photoshop.

It works by resaving an image at a known quality, and comparing that to the original image. As a jpeg image is resaved over and over again, its image quality decreases. When we resave an image and compare it to the original, we can guess just how many times the image has been resaved. If an image has not been manipulated, all parts of the image should have been saved an equal amount of times. If parts of the image are from different source files, they may have been saved a number of different times, and thus they will stand out as a different colour in the ELA test.

It is worth noting that edges and areas red in colour are often depicted as brighter in the ELA tests. This due to the way the photos are saved by various programs. It is not proof that image was manipulated.

If you are unsure how to interpret the results, please do not claim the results of this tool as proof of anything.

So, not really "proving" anything, this is the ELA fingerprint of your foggy eagle - you can see it stand out.

This is the ELA of Frank Glick's photo

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:22 pm   Reply with quote         

After doing further time consuming Vokaranalysis, this proves the image is real, however, you may have clonestamped a pixel off Churchills jacket Wink

Zoeon

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:43 pm   Reply with quote         

[quote="vokaris"][

interesting thx Vokaris

anfa

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:
After doing further time consuming Vokaranalysis, this proves the image is real, however, you may have clonestamped a pixel off Churchills jacket Wink

You have a good eye Paul. I accidentally spilt a cup of tea on that pixel and had to clean it up with the Clone Stamp tool.

Now, who'd like to hear a story about a bridge?

Zoeon

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:21 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
Paul Von Stetina wrote:

You have a good eye Paul. I accidentally spilt a cup of tea on that pixel and had to clean it up with the Clone Stamp tool.

Now, who'd like to hear a story about a bridge?
Laughing

Marx-Man

Post Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:12 am   Reply with quote         

http://errorlevelanalysis.com/
Is way to easy to fool.

cafn8d

Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Pulling up a dead thread? Who, me? Meh. Just Snopes.com happened to cover this eagle picture today, but not in nearly as much nit-picky detail as the PSCers posting in this thread have covered. http://www.snopes.com/photos/military/eaglecemetery.asp Is it interesting? Probably not. Simply, my daughter is napping on my side of the couch, and the dogs are snoozing on the rest of the couch; so I'm sitting with my netbook at the dining room table and my rear is going numb. Good enough reason as any to post a new link to a dead thread. Rolling Eyes

Butt seriously, I think the higher-resolution photo that Vokaris posted is far more convincing than any article that simply takes the photographer's word for it.

Zoeon

Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:12 pm   Reply with quote         

damn bird is back Surprised Shocked

the burning couch

Post Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:44 am   Reply with quote         

oh jeezuz...so I have to REpost this part of the article? Hmmm Doh! ...ok ...fine
Quote:
He also may have put the eagle on a different headstone to make the composition perfect, he said. "It's a good picture, but it could have been a much greater picture."

Now we're done....right?

*!*

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Settle an argument? - Reply to topic