Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - No gifs plse - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Meta Version

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:57 am   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
I personally believe it takes a lot more talent to tell a story with a single image than it does with an animation.

Totally depends on the context in question.

Watch them Drift

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:41 am   Reply with quote         

Or, Making Gifcontest.com
Very Happy

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:41 am   Reply with quote         

Meta Version wrote:
anfa wrote:
I personally believe it takes a lot more talent to tell a story with a single image than it does with an animation.

Totally depends on the context in question.

Well, it's obvious some chops are going to be harder to create than some Gifs and some Gifs are going to be harder to create than some chops. I think what I said works for the majority of cases.

TheShaman

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:21 am   Reply with quote         

Flip Flopper!

anfa

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:23 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
Flip Flopper!

What you talking about you plum! I still stand by what I said!

TheShaman

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:26 am   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
TheShaman wrote:
Flip Flopper!

What you talking about you plum! I still stand by what I said!

Laughing As do I!

But really I agree with you

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:35 am   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
Napalm32 wrote:
Photoshop contest is based on adobe Photoshop software.

The trouble with that is Photoshop is not just photo editing software any more. Cs6 has video editing so should we now be allowed to enter videos in contests. pfft!

Gifs and still images are two totally different monsters and deserve to have their own contests. I've entered and won with both and people saying Gifs are harder to make are talking bollocks. I personally believe it takes a lot more talent to tell a story with a single image than it does with an animation.

That response can not be improved upon, so mods, you may now lock the thread.

(btw, forget video editing...Photoshop had type capabilities since its inception, yet when I entered a limerick into a daily contest, not one person voted for me. You think gifs take talent, try finding a rhyme for fellatio.)

anfa

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:38 am   Reply with quote         

Hey everyone! I heard Sean talking about Fight Club and you're not supposed to do that.
I think he should be banned!

TheShaman

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:30 am   Reply with quote         

Who's this Shaun guy?

Lets kick his ass!!!!

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:55 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
Who's this Shean guy?

Lets kick his ass!!!!

Micose

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Meta Version wrote:
Micose wrote:
are u speaking about that kinda GIFs ? http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/183590/boomerang-effect-gif.html?nocache=1
so maybe i would agree with u...and no.. apparently this is just a matter of quality. this is an example of a not ecperience work that won. keep it up ! etc... encouragements... in this case. But i would desagree about a equallay technically "bad" jpeg...always no good to see in front page right ?

I created that gif on Saturday afternoon after the contest had opened. It took me approx 45-50 mins to create. That red background was a personal nod to the shaw brothers movies. Stripped down and just down right simple. Some of you may know what I'm talking about.

I made that gif to please myself and had no idea that it would do well, nevermind win the contest. Anyway, If I knew that, then I woulda put further effort into creating a better environment for the trinket. With all the bells and whistles included.

I try not to take myself too seriously. I just submit stuff and learn from my mistakes. That's all.

Everything is subjective. Life is subjective. Deal with it, please.
fairwell...like i said u ve got my encouragements, and its still avery average work which shows the lazyness of people, even the ones that claim workings hours or days on their stuff.
Micose

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:
Meta Version wrote:
Micose wrote:
are u speaking about that kinda GIFs ? http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/183590/boomerang-effect-gif.html?nocache=1
so maybe i would agree with u...and no.. apparently this is just a matter of quality. this is an example of a not ecperience work that won. keep it up ! etc... encouragements... in this case. But i would desagree about a equallay technically "bad" jpeg...always no good to see in front page right ?

I created that gif on Saturday afternoon after the contest had opened. It took me approx 45-50 mins to create. That red background was a personal nod to the shaw brothers movies. Stripped down and just down right simple. Some of you may know what I'm talking about.

I made that gif to please myself and had no idea that it would do well, nevermind win the contest. Anyway, If I knew that, then I woulda put further effort into creating a better environment for the trinket. With all the bells and whistles included.

I try not to take myself too seriously. I just submit stuff and learn from my mistakes. That's all.

Everything is subjective. Life is subjective. Deal with it, please.
fairwell...like i said u ve got my encouragements, and its still avery average work which shows the lazyness of people, even the ones that claim workings hours or days on their stuff.
so congrats again for a winning quick job, and thumbs down for the lack of passion involved in contests lately evbdy...
Micose

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:31 pm   Reply with quote         

is Passion over ?...
anfa

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:42 pm   Reply with quote         

Have you been drinking?

TheShaman

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:02 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
TheShaman wrote:
Who's this Shean guy?

Lets kick his ass!!!!

Shaun the Sheep!!!!

Love that show.
He's pretty smart though... I don't know if we can kick his ass outright.. better come up with a plan!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - No gifs plse - Reply to topic