Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - :) - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

taker

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:39 am   Reply with quote         

i got 3 month advantage thanks who.give it to me .

TJ

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:51 am   Reply with quote         

Very nice! Congrats Taker. thumright

cringer8

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:23 pm   Reply with quote         

taker wrote:
i got 3 month advantage thanks who.give it to me .

Hey, very cool Smile Look forward to what you can do with this!

BTW, how exactly does one go about gifting advantage? There are a couple of users I'd like to donte to...

taker

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:36 pm   Reply with quote         

thanks alot Tj and Cringer . @cringer/ i do not how to make a gift sorry.

kittie

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:38 pm   Reply with quote         

Click the advantage tab on the toolbar at the top, then click "Advantage Details".
There should be a box to "gift" advantage.

kittie

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:47 pm   Reply with quote         

Also, good for you taker! Put it to good use!

cringer8

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:51 pm   Reply with quote         

kittie wrote:
Click the advantage tab on the toolbar at the top, then click "Advantage Details".

Thanks Kittie albino

taker

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:52 pm   Reply with quote         

kittie wrote:
Also, good for you taker! Put it to good use!

iwill thanks kittie.

Martrex

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:36 pm   Reply with quote         

It's funny when some receive these things from other members and assume it's from the generous, giving sponsors here at PSC. Surprised

http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=18637

Cartoon Contractor

Post Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:00 am   Reply with quote         

kittie wrote:

How thoughtful of the owners to give themselves money by guilting the members into helping someone! Rolling Eyes

GuidedByPandas

Post Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:48 pm   Reply with quote         

There are some very talented artists playing here, some with very tight schedules. If Advantage gives them the time to continue sharing, I see nothing wrong with gifting to encourage this. And what would an anonymous(!) sponsor get in return? I have sponsored some members here - look at my standing! If this is a "strategy", as some cynics imply, it's failing miserably. LOL. Smile

I know I don't Photoshop as well as many here, but I do appreciate your effort. I've been fortunate to have the means and I've supported the Arts internationally, nationally, locally, on sites, and individually. The payout is far reaching and far superior to any one thing I could ever create. And thankfully I'm not the only one who feels that way.

I did not sponsor Taker, but good for the person that did - there is nothing wrong with letting people know their effort is appreciated.

Cartoon Contractor

Post Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:48 pm   Reply with quote         

GuidedByPandas wrote:
There are some very talented artists playing here, some with very tight schedules. If Advantage gives them the time to continue sharing, I see nothing wrong with gifting to encourage this. And what would an anonymous(!) sponsor get in return? I have sponsored some members here - look at my standing! If this is a "strategy", as some cynics imply, it's failing miserably. LOL. Smile

I know I don't Photoshop as well as many here, but I do appreciate your effort. I've been fortunate to have the means and I've supported the Arts internationally, nationally, locally, on sites, and individually. The payout is far reaching and far superior to any one thing I could ever create. And thankfully I'm not the only one who feels that way.

I did not sponsor Taker, but good for the person that did - there is nothing wrong with letting people know their effort is appreciated.

You missed my point! I strongly believe in charity from the heart! What I don't believe in is a commercial effort to gain profits by advertisements of charity! A completely different situation. It was a thumbing of the nose at the owners! That's all!

GuidedByPandas

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:18 am   Reply with quote         

Cartoon Contractor wrote:
GuidedByPandas wrote:

You missed my point! I strongly believe in charity from the heart! What I don't believe in is a commercial effort to gain profits by advertisements of charity! A completely different situation. It was a thumbing of the nose at the owners! That's all!

Actually, my comment wasn't directed at you; I didn't take offense to what your said. I did think Martrex's comment was cynical - but maybe I misunderstood that... would not be shocking - but I've read similar sentiment before here. I just wanted to post that it is more likely that folk gift for altruistic purposes.

Cynicism isn't unique to here; I've sponsored members on other sites with the same suspicion. But when you get less votes than the # of people you sponsor, it's pretty obvious the minions just aren't doing your bidding. Smile

This is a contest site and I don't care about the contest aspect anymore; I post for self-challenge, fun, or for 'checks' (peer feedback of pics) on my physical status. Explaining that is a life story and since I tend to babble on, I'll spare you. Trust me - I appreciate comments more than votes and I'm happy to be the fodder you all step on to higher glory. Smile

Martrex

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:33 am   Reply with quote         

The point isn't that, at all. But If you sent an unsigned birthday card and cash would you like the receiver to thank the government for the gift??? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

GuidedByPandas

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:23 pm   Reply with quote         

Martrex wrote:
The point isn't that, at all. But If you sent an unsigned birthday card and cash would you like the receiver to thank the government for the gift??? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

This connection you are making to "thanking the management" is completely lost on me. In the the link you provided the recipient is thanking his anonymous donor/sponsor for the Advantage gift. What is wrong with that? And at no time does he mention PSC management. So I don't get the point that you are making. Do you think it is wrong for the site to even offer Advantage subscriptions at all? Or that a person has to pay to gift another? If I gifted you Adobe Photoshop I'd have to pay for that.

Revenue here is pretty much subscription fees and ads. But the ads are only profitably if they are clicked routinely. Site traffic also contributes to site worth. From what I recall pscbuzz paid handsomely for this site. He shouldn't be able to profit on a commercial investment? If you willingly purchase Advantage you must know you are playing on a commercial site. So I guess I don't understand the issue.

I don't advertise this - because I'm here to play and no other reason - but I own a small digital arts community website. There are no ads and no fees; I have good paid hosting so I absorb all costs. But I can afford to and that's my choice. I don't fault anyone for wanting to make money off a website investment. I also think it's doubtful this site is profitable given what he paid vs relatively small *active* subscription base (LOTS of "names", lots of spam, a few hundred active players at any given time) and the price of the subscription. Else you likely wouldn't see delays in delivering prize funds. But I could be wrong. Like I was before. Smile

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - :) - Reply to topic