Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - Ages/Backgrounds of Members? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Werdnaibor

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Martrex wrote:
Totoy wrote:
I also started GIMP at 28 and turn to Photoshop after graduating highschool! I'm proud to be a part in this community. I learned here a lot about PS and I think the site will help you improve your skill. I'm 20 started last 2010. Wink

So Totoy how old were you when you graduated High School??? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quantum flux? That usually explains all errors in chronology.

kittie

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Werdnaibor wrote:
Martrex wrote:
Totoy wrote:
I also started GIMP at 28 and turn to Photoshop after graduating highschool! I'm proud to be a part in this community. I learned here a lot about PS and I think the site will help you improve your skill. I'm 20 started last 2010. Wink

So Totoy how old were you when you graduated High School??? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quantum flux? That usually explains all errors in chronology.

Totoy

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:17 am   Reply with quote         

Martrex wrote:
Totoy wrote:

Sorry Marty, that's 18 not 28. To clarify that. Well, I graduated high school at 16, because we have 6 elementary years and 4 high school years. We usually start our education at the age of 6 years for elementary and 11 high school. So 15 or 16 you must be graduated in highschool. Thats in our place. South East Asia. I think that's clear. Laughing Laughing Laughing

glennhanna

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:16 am   Reply with quote         

I'm 65. I've been using Photoshop since it came out in 1957. I have written 32 Photoshop books and won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2003 for the invention of the Healing Brush. I like to pretend to be an amateur chopper on this site from time to time. Lately I've been too busy playing chess with Chuck Norris. We play the real thing with swords, not that board game bull$#it. Welcome to the community.

Tommeken

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:57 am   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:
I'm 65. I've been using Photoshop since it came out in 1957. I have written 32 Photoshop books and won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2003 for the invention of the Healing Brush. I like to pretend to be an amateur chopper on this site from time to time. Lately I've been too busy playing chess with Chuck Norris. We play the real thing with swords, not that board game bull$#it. Welcome to the community.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Tommeken

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:07 am   Reply with quote         

My age is 30 and i joined in 2009 after a month experiencing ps :p

entered 89 contests not counting the H2H

still learning Laughing
hoping one day i could be as good as lot's of others here Raising Brow

kinetic_be

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:41 am   Reply with quote         

Hi Shroom,

Welcome to PSC!
In reply to your questions: I can confirm that I have received prize money 2 or 3 times via Paypal. So don't worry about that.
Like Shaman said, get your feet wet in regular contests first, when you start learning Photoshop, you will be amazed about the things you didn't know yet. It's very addictive, trust me Smile

I'm almost 32 and I came here in 2003 but only started competing in early 2008 again. I was unemployed at that time, preparing to start my own business so I took about 3 months to try to learn as much Photoshop as I could get from the internet. Even though I'm not much around here anymore, I do give my credits to this site as it helped me a lot to develop some Photoshop skills which I still use in my work today.
My entries/wins: 230 entries, 17 wins.

Enjoy your time here! Smile

Marcel

ReyRey

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:45 am   Reply with quote         

Maybe it would be nice if PSC gave each member a little place to post some pics ( personal pics. Family, fun, other art work besides psc stuff, etc.)on their own page. It would let people "know" each other a little more. Just an idea.
Maybe people would spend more time here too if they could post pics and make it a little more personable. Wink

TheShaman

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:15 pm   Reply with quote         

you mean like Facebook?

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:30 pm   Reply with quote         

well.....kind of but without all the bs. It would bring more people here I believe. By no means do I want it to be a facebook but we could steal some of it's good aspects and make them work for our purposes.

TheShaman

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:04 pm   Reply with quote         

meh. I come for the daily contests, to chat and learn/teach with this awesome community... oh, and argue sometimes with fabio. This is nice and streamlined. Its Photoshop Contest. Not Photoshop Community. (though it is that as well)

I have plenty of other sites to post my other work and family photos... including shutterfly, deviant art, & FB to name a few.

Keeping in touch with some of my out of town friends, and playing angry birds & scrabble are about the only good aspects of FB. I really could do without the endless motivational saying/posters everyone posts. Though I wouldn't mind a 'like button' here.

But thats just me arguing with you now. Laughing Twisted Evil

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:05 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
well.....kind of but without all the bs.

Shocked why?what did I do wrong? Laughing

TheShaman

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:13 pm   Reply with quote         

BSmatic wrote:
ReyRey wrote:
well.....kind of but without all the bs.

Shocked why?what did I do wrong? Laughing

Well I was there and I saw what you did, I saw it with my own two eyes
So you can wipe off that grin, I know where you've been
It's all been a pack of lies

Raising Brow

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:30 pm   Reply with quote         

...And I can feel it coming ...Well I've been waiting for this moment for all my life Laughing Laughing Laughing

anfa

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:27 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm 45 and the inventor of the spoon, the bag and cup handles. I also pioneered walking down stairs (you're probably too young to remember when people could only walk up stairs but I'm the man that changed all that).
I never get credit for any of my achievements but I'm not bitter.
In my spare time I send hate mail and set fire to public buildings.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - Ages/Backgrounds of Members? - Reply to topic