Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Please stop this Cringer8 - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Is this?

annoying

33%

33%

[ 12 ]

not annoying

66%

66%

[ 24 ]

Total Votes: 36

Werdnaibor

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:15 pm   Reply with quote         

anabe wrote:
Werdnaibor wrote:
anabe wrote:

Easy. There's no face.

You've lost me with that reason.

How? you don't think it's a valid reason that there's no discernible face?
OK. Confused

There's the original face of the raccoon, and the worker's face is covered by his hat, as he originally existed in the external. Yes, it's invalid, because it makes no sense.

kinetic_be

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:01 pm   Reply with quote         

I miss comments from Jclark8220 Cool

Anyone remembers?

TJ

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:03 pm   Reply with quote         

irgum wrote:
Please stop this Cringer8

very annoying

Annoying. I like a persons input, but not on every fucking entry! Gets kinda old fast. IMO.

If I see something I don't like, 98% of the time I will work on it myself to see if I'm right. I won't comment unless I can do it myself first. If I can make it work better, I'll PM the author or leave a comment at that point.

Hope this helps without pissing anyone off.

Wink

Tesore

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:10 pm   Reply with quote         

kinetic_be wrote:
I miss comments from Jclark8220 Cool

Anyone remembers?

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/134843/sht-happens.html

Laughing

kinetic_be

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:12 pm   Reply with quote         

anabe

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Werdnaibor wrote:
anabe wrote:
Werdnaibor wrote:
anabe wrote:

Easy. There's no face.

OK. Confused

There's the original face of the raccoon, and the worker's face is covered by his hat, as he originally existed in the external. Yes, it's invalid, because it makes no sense.

Well, to me, it makes sense. I can't see the face of the worker, it's too dark, so it's not there, right? Only when I get up and look down on it from the top, can I see the face. So don't call it invalid, please.
Besides, I didn't even have to answer to your inquiry! Rolling Eyes

GuidedByPandas

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:21 pm   Reply with quote         

kittie wrote:
I understand how annoyed you feel.
Sometimes I work for hours and hours on something, not just here, but in traditional artwork when I was in school, and someone would say something that completely made me feel like my work was worthless. Or they'd rip it apart with just teeny tiny little things.
It's not fun, you're right.
I'm happy about it now though, because now I take pride the "teeny tiny little things" that I see in my own work now. The tiniest details are what make a work great.

Also, the better you get, the more you can take this criticism with a grain of salt. Just because someone has a sour opinion about your work, doesn't mean that it's the "only right way" to do something. As "Art is Subjective", you are totally free to ignore their idea and do what you want.

For example, Cringer mentioned for my gumball entry that it was incorrect that the gumballs should be empty near the front. He was totally 100% right, but because the source was tilted I took an "artistic liberty" and made the gumballs tilt toward the back.

Don't leave man. You are free to ignore the comments if you don't agree or feel it's important. If you love doing your work, just do it.
Hug

I like this - this is the best response, imo. Yes, it can hurt to receive criticism that you interpret as harsh. If you are doing this just to win the approval of others then you are doing it for the wrong reason. But if you do this because you enjoy it, those "harsh" opinions don't really matter. Artists are weird - we are not supposed to be understood by everyone! there is only one you - revel in your weirdness! Smile

I've done images that I LOVED barely register a notice. But I don't love them less just because everyone failed to recognize my genius. HA! Smile Of course I'm not a professional so what do I know. Well I have a pretty good sense of what's important in life and rank in a photoshop contest is not it. People fret over this stuff way too much - no lives will be lost, the Earth will not stop turning, cats and dogs won't start fornicating in the street (although that would be interesting... I do want a puppycat).

OK, I've talked a lot for someone who has played in 2 whole daily contests this year. But I'll leave you with this: IMO the best criticism is the kind that doesn't just point out 'errors' but offers suggestions for improvement - that latter bit is the constructive part. That wins my notice and respect. GbyP

Tesore

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:22 pm   Reply with quote         

anabe wrote:
Werdnaibor wrote:
anabe wrote:
Werdnaibor wrote:
anabe wrote:

Easy. There's no face.

OK. Confused

Well, to me, it makes sense. I can't see the face of the worker, it's too dark, so it's not there, right? Only when I get up and look down on it from the top, can I see the face. So don't call it invalid, please.

You're right! You don't have to answer!

Wink

Werdnaibor

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:23 pm   Reply with quote         

anabe wrote:
Werdnaibor wrote:
anabe wrote:
Werdnaibor wrote:
anabe wrote:

Easy. There's no face.

OK. Confused

I'll still call it invalid, because it's the brim of a black hat. You can't see his face because it isn't there. It's dark because it is a black hat, not shadow.

kittie

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Everybody shut up and add to my drawing thread! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Werdnaibor

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:31 pm   Reply with quote         

kittie wrote:

But I can't draw well, and I'm at work.

Tesore

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:31 pm   Reply with quote         

kittie wrote:

Hear, hear!!! Laughing

Tesore

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:32 pm   Reply with quote         

kittie

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Werdnaibor wrote:
kittie wrote:

Oh no, please don't mess up the high drunkard choking the chicken... It's such a masterpiece.... Laughing Rolling Eyes

Werdnaibor

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:37 pm   Reply with quote         

kittie wrote:
Werdnaibor wrote:
kittie wrote:

Oh no, please don't mess up the high drunkard choking the chicken... It's such a masterpiece.... Laughing Rolling Eyes

That's a flawless work of art and I will not tarnish it. My lack of drawing ability coupled with my use of a mouse results in very jagged, useless lines.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Please stop this Cringer8 - Reply to topic