Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - How to increase participation - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

PotHed

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Werdnaibor wrote:
PotHed wrote:
The-Masked-Layer wrote:
PotHed wrote:

Participation has clearly been lacking on this site for a while now, and I can't speak for everybody, but for me, based on my experience and my observation, it can be attributed to the image selection.

You don't have to take my word for it, however. If you sift through the contest archives (you may have to manually input the page value into the address bar), you'll see that there was greater participation back when there was a greater diversity of images. That's not to say user images never made it into the mix, but they were chosen by the admins, sparingly without notice. When a user image did come up, it was like a surprise, manna from heaven.

YourTaxesAtWork AKA PotHed
est. 2003

Clearly I did take the time to read your original post. Tell me how you are not building an argument based on a correlation between participation and source image variety. I realize that you're tying it to the user selection of images, but that is weak and you have been challenged to support that theory. All I see is a series of tantrums. Granted it is entertaining, as evidenced by the number of people twisting your ear to hear you squeal.

Clearly you didn't read it if you didn't take from my argument that allowing voting diminishes variety.

He read it. He stated why he disagrees with you. Your argument is very weak. Your argument really depends on advantage members being different and not wanting variety for some reason, which makes no sense. No one gains an advantage based on the sources they vote for. You have terrible analogies that don't work. If anyone ever quit a game because of map choices, they too are pathetic whiners. Just switch lobbies, which would translate to just waiting for the next source.

Switching lobbies doesn't help. The same maps get played over and over again.

Quote:
The game show analogy is bad because, again, there's no advantage gained from the type of source. You recently said something about no sources making people think outside of the box. You shouldn't rely on the source to that, you should do that with any image. If you can't, that's your problem. It would actually be a bad source that would force you to think outside of the box.

The problem isn't that the sources are bad, the problem is that they are always what most people consider "good." Cars, statues, etc. It would be like letting the people in your office vote on lunch every day, and every day the majority votes on pizza because pizza is good. It may not be the same group making up the majority, but because pizza is very popular, it always wins.

TheShaman

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:15 pm   Reply with quote         

PotHed wrote:

The problem isn't that the sources are bad, the problem is that they are always what most people consider "good." Cars, statues, etc. It would be like letting the people in your office vote on lunch every day, and every day the majority votes on pizza because pizza is good. It may not be the same group making up the majority, but because pizza is very popular, it always wins.

if the sources aren't bad...and most people consider them good. then most people are going to chop them.

SO sick of the analogies

the real problem is you have no imagination for the sources coming up.
so you come up with some theory as to why everyone else is gone... cause the sources are over used... blah blah blah...

I've still yet to hear what sources YOU would like to see... until then...
give it a rest already.

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:20 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
PotHed wrote:

SO sick of the analogies

so you come up with some theory as to why everyone else is gone... cause the sources are over used... blah blah blah...

give it a rest already.

Penguins are currently beating statues in the voting. The analogy has been proven wrong immediately. Done.

PotHed

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:21 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
PotHed wrote:

SO sick of the analogies

give it a rest already.

It isn't about what I want to see, it's about what I don't want to see.

I want to be surprised. I want to come to PSC and see images that make me go "Holy hell, what on earth am I going to do with this!?"

I don't want to see images that make me go "Oh, this again."

TheShaman

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:23 pm   Reply with quote         

PotHed wrote:
TheShaman wrote:
PotHed wrote:

SO sick of the analogies

give it a rest already.

It isn't about what I want to see, it's about what I don't want to see.

I want to be surprised. I want to come to PSC and see images that make me go "Holy hell, what on earth am I going to do with this!?"

I don't want to see images that make me go "Oh, this again."

WHAT.
THE.
FUCK.
EVER.

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:23 pm   Reply with quote         

The-Masked-Layer wrote:
PotHed wrote:

Read my OP and you'll know how.

There is nothing there but speculation based on your own personal observations. Start a poll and maybe you'll have something.

Yes, because starting a poll would get to the bottom of everything. Rolling Eyes

TheShaman

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:28 pm   Reply with quote         

there really is no poll for "I have no clue what I want, as long as it is not that.. or that... or that... etc" Rolling Eyes

You're like my 10 year old...

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:33 pm   Reply with quote         

PotHed wrote:
The-Masked-Layer wrote:
PotHed wrote:

There is nothing there but speculation based on your own personal observations. Start a poll and maybe you'll have something.

Yes, because starting a poll would get to the bottom of everything. Rolling Eyes

It would get you something other than your own inner dialogue. You have nothing right now. Other people's opinions can actually help you build a case. Perhaps you have realized that it would only hurt your case. As for the images, did you peruse Shutter Stock? What are you getting there that is different? It seems we'd have to genetically engineer a new species to please you.

PotHed

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:34 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
there really is no poll for "I have no clue what I want to see, as long as it is not that again" Rolling Eyes

You're like my 10 year old... She doesn't know what she wants... but she doesn't want 'that'

If there were just something I wanted to see, I would just have it submitted. That's not the issue. The fact that you're pretending that there's just something I want to see and I'd be satisfied represents your intellectual dishonesty quite nicely.

PotHed

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:37 pm   Reply with quote         

The-Masked-Layer wrote:
PotHed wrote:
The-Masked-Layer wrote:
PotHed wrote:

It would get you something other than your own inner dialogue. You have nothing right now. Other people's opinions can actually help you build a case. Perhaps you have realized that it would only hurt your case. As for the images, did you peruse Shutter Stock? What are you getting there that is different? It seems we'd have to genetically engineer a new species to please you.

Read my OP.

TheShaman

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:37 pm   Reply with quote         

PotHed wrote:
TheShaman wrote:
there really is no poll for "I have no clue what I want to see, as long as it is not that again" Rolling Eyes

You're like my 10 year old... She doesn't know what she wants... but she doesn't want 'that'

If there were just something I wanted to see, I would just have it submitted. That's not the issue. The fact that you're pretending that there's just something I want to see and I'd be satisfied represents your intellectual dishonesty quite nicely.

yeah, OK buddy.
YOU don't even know what your issue is.

I know what your issue is.

You have no clue what to chop anymore. You have no ideas left.
It's called choppers block... just like writers block, you can either complain about how lifes not fair and you have no inspiration, or you can work through it.

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:43 pm   Reply with quote         

PotHed wrote:
The-Masked-Layer wrote:
PotHed wrote:
The-Masked-Layer wrote:
PotHed wrote:

Read my OP.

Well, you have a complete lack of self-awareness, and the debating skills of a child. I should have stayed out of this and spent more time chopping. It's fun. You should try it sometime. Goodbye.

PotHed

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:45 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
PotHed wrote:
TheShaman wrote:

yeah, OK buddy.

It's called choppers block... just like writers block, you can either complain about how lifes not fair and you have no inspiration, or you can work through it.

I chop every day, thank you.

PotHed

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:47 pm   Reply with quote         

The-Masked-Layer wrote:
PotHed wrote:
The-Masked-Layer wrote:
PotHed wrote:
The-Masked-Layer wrote:
PotHed wrote:

Read my OP.

Well, you have a complete lack of self-awareness, and the debating skills of a child. I should have stayed out of this and spent more time chopping. It's fun. You should try it sometime. Goodbye.

Yes, you should have stayed out of this if you didn't have the energy to read the OP.

TheShaman

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:52 pm   Reply with quote         

PotHed wrote:
TheShaman wrote:
PotHed wrote:
TheShaman wrote:

yeah, OK buddy.

I chop every day, thank you.

just not here right?

Hiding behind your complaints and your psudo-intellect, is a guy who is angry at a website because he can't come up with a good idea with the multiple sources he's provided with... So he comes in after a long absence claiming the answer to ALL PSC's problems...

The problem isn't sources.. the problem is you.

I say that because we (the actual choppers who chop nearly every day) seem to have no problem with the sources... yet you... who's been a member of the website since 2003 have 90 whole entries in that time...
I'd call that lack of a good imagination to turn something 'you've seen before', into something no one has seen...

I've chopped plenty of cars, statues, flowers AND buildings since 2005. Yet every time a new one comes up I can find something to do with it...
as do most here...

so I suggest either STFUAC... or just shutting the fuck up and going to that other place you chop at.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - How to increase participation - Reply to topic