Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - SCAVENGER HUNT 2012 STARTS NOW! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

shane.e.randall

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:52 pm   Reply with quote         

nat_g31 wrote:
shane.e.randall wrote:
cringer8 wrote:
nat_g31 wrote:
Lord David wrote:
anfa wrote:
Lord David wrote:
You better release the entries soon! If the jury decides on Saturday and results released on Sunday.

We need to see the entries and judge ourselves before the official results are released!

You don't simply go to an Olympic vote without having released the bid books for peeps to look at first!

Stop being a dick!

Well then fine, let them do this illogically. When the winner is announced on Sunday, there's little point in seeing what the entries were or how the votes were broken down.

Which is why we should at least be able to see the entries beforehand and speculate amongst ourselves.

I would agree with you David, but then we'd both be wrong. If we showed all the entries, you would know who won. Did your logic work at Christmas with your parents and your Christmas gifts? Anticipation is part of the fun. Now kindly stfuac.

My parents allowed us to open one present the night before Christmas (when the anticipation was at its peak) Wink

Actually that was a family tradition of ours too.

Me too!!!! But you already stated the Christmas analogy sucked. Laughing

So since its Scav hunt winner results Eve we should all post our Youtube videos Hmmm

Then again that will just reveal all the tasks anyway.

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:09 pm   Reply with quote         

nat_g31 wrote:
Me too!!!! But you already stated the Christmas analogy sucked. Laughing

I only said it was a bad analogy because it didn't account for the build up and preparation. The opening of a gift on Christmas Eve swings the analogy toward reality.

But, then again, this banter is just a distraction to keep me from becoming impatient. Ironic, eh? Laughing

Tesore

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Come on guys, be a good sport and don't do this.

This ain't very nice for Mike either, he works so hard to the website and now he need some time to put all the pics and voting stuff on it. Give him a break!

shane.e.randall

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:

This ain't very nice for Mike either, he works so hard to the website and now he need some time to put all the pics and voting stuff on it. Give him a break!

I was kidding about the youtube thing. Anyway looking forward to seeing the update.

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Me too Wink

Trann

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:27 pm   Reply with quote         

A random thought for the future: what if the judges spent their time evaluating pictures in order so that releases could be controlled rather than dumped as a whole?

For example, picture one is under consideration by the judges. Debate ensues. The length of time doesn't matter. A decision is reached.

The point values for the first picture by each team are locked in. All first pictures are then released without comment but the judges.

The pictures would then be in the public eye and give the community something to discuss without affecting the judging. It would keep interest high during the evaluation process until the winner is announced.

Granted, things may still be missed, but they'd be missed with the current format, too.

The-Masked-Layer

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:

Oh, we're being good sports. Nobody's spewing venom. We're just bored and having a bit of fun. This is the build up! Very Happy

Happy ScavHunt Voting Results Eve! Very Happy

shane.e.randall

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Trann wrote:
A random thought for the future: what if the judges spent their time evaluating pictures in order so that releases could be controlled rather than dumped as a whole?

For example, picture one is under consideration by the judges. Debate ensues. The length of time doesn't matter. A decision is reached.

The point values for the first picture by each team are locked in. All first pictures are then released without comment but the judges.

The pictures would then be in the public eye and give the community something to discuss without affecting the judging. It would keep interest high during the evaluation process until the winner is announced.

Granted, things may still be missed, but they'd be missed with the current format, too.

If you guys win this year then you can do it any way you want. But I do like your ideas!

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Trann wrote:

I like the idea, but I'm not the I'm not the technician here. We're very grateful for all the time Mike spending on this, knowing how busy his life is.

Tesore

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
="The-Masked-Layer"

I know Wink

I love the HSHVRE name!!!

Trann

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:
We're very grateful for all the time Mike spending on this, knowing how busy his life is.

Oh, no disrespect intended nor malice towards the current methodology.

Just thought I'd share.

arcaico

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:
Quote:
="The-Masked-Layer"

I know Wink

i still like the one I ran with billtv, alex and anfa better... sHIV

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

shane.e.randall

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:06 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
Tesore wrote:
Quote:
="The-Masked-Layer"

I know Wink

You're probably that guy who sits at a dinner table and comments on how you could have made the pasta better.

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:23 pm   Reply with quote         

shane.e.randall wrote:

You're probably that guy who sits at a dinner table and comments on how you could have made the pasta better.

LOL! Very Happy

Werdnaibor

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:29 pm   Reply with quote         

shane.e.randall wrote:
arcaico wrote:
Tesore wrote:
Quote:
="The-Masked-Layer"

I know Wink

Looks like there's a pasta competition brewing. I'm in! Expect a rather soggy envelope in the mail soon.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - SCAVENGER HUNT 2012 STARTS NOW! - Reply to topic