Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Socks - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

The-Masked-Layer

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:00 pm   Reply with quote         

cafn8d wrote:
Coffee? Coffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffee!

Wait a minute... You didn't just walk here, did you? One does not simply walk into Sockdom!

Laughing

The-Masked-Layer

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:08 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
Bloody noobs! No respect! Wink

I wouldn't be here if I didn't have a foundation of respect for the old guard! If I wasn't such an old "noob" (which feels a bit weird), I probably wouldn't be such a pain in the arse... or maybe I'd just be more quick tempered and prone to lash out -- like that Werd kid who dragged me here. Laughing Laughing Laughing

anfa

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:14 pm   Reply with quote         

The-Masked-Layer wrote:
anfa wrote:

I wouldn't be here if I didn't have a foundation of respect for the old guard! If I wasn't such an old "noob" (which feels a bit weird), I probably wouldn't be such a pain in the arse... or maybe I'd just be more quick tempered and prone to lash out -- like that Werd kid who dragged me here. Laughing Laughing Laughing

I like how you blame Werd. Brilliant! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

cafn8d

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:29 pm   Reply with quote         

The reason why various Sock Laws have been enacted is not primarily to make them "exclusive" but to try to help ensure that members for whom the effort was spent to make and code a sock would still be active on the site a month later. A free-for-all not only devalues how special a sock is compared to earning one, but also invites a chaos that would be impossible for the coders to keep up with.

It has been a long time since the last batch of socks were made, so there will likely be a deluge of already "qualified" members demanding socks. Kittie has volunteered to head the new operations, and I encourage you to work with her - after Thanksgiving - to find the most equitable and orderly system for re-opening the PSC sock factory and meeting current and up-coming demand.

Whatever you do, do not underestimate how popular PSC Socks are, even if initial demand is met and lingering interest seems to wane because you're "caught up."

Hope that helps. Us old-timers are not simply curmudgeonly for the sake of being curmudgeonly about our Socks!

The-Masked-Layer

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:54 pm   Reply with quote         

cafn8d wrote:
The reason why various Sock Laws have been enacted is not primarily to make them "exclusive" but to try to help ensure that members for whom the effort was spent to make and code a sock would still be active on the site a month later. A free-for-all not only devalues how special a sock is compared to earning one, but also invites a chaos that would be impossible for the coders to keep up with.

It has been a long time since the last batch of socks were made, so there will likely be a deluge of already "qualified" members demanding socks. Kittie has volunteered to head the new operations, and I encourage you to work with her - after Thanksgiving - to find the most equitable and orderly system for re-opening the PSC sock factory and meeting current and up-coming demand.

Whatever you do, do not underestimate how popular PSC Socks are, even if initial demand is met and lingering interest seems to wane because you're "caught up."

Hope that helps. Us old-timers are not simply curmudgeonly for the sake of being curmudgeonly about our Socks!

Oh, I understand. It's just that an explanation of the importance of socks is not readily available. So, to an outsider, they just look like cute little caricature socks. The significance is not indicated anywhere but in the deep recesses of forum posts. The idea of sock chaos.... now, bear with me here... sounds... uh.... well.... a little on the ridiculous side to someone who did not witness the bestowing of any socks. It all reminds me of Dr. Seuss's Sneetches. Laughing

Well, I will certainly collaborate in a rejuvenated sock production effort! I don't think we have to worry about anything getting out of hand. There aren't that many new people on board, and the ones who would go through the effort of acquiring a sock probably have already earned one by being a participating, voting member. Rest assured, I wouldn't hand a sock to someone who just walked through the door (although I do that in the real world- out of pure necessity, mind you). Raising Brow

Werdnaibor

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:59 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
The-Masked-Layer wrote:
anfa wrote:

I like how you blame Werd. Brilliant! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

He blames me for everything. Sad

anfa

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:17 pm   Reply with quote         

cafn8d wrote:
Coffee?
Coffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffee
coffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffee
coffeecoffeecoffee!
*breath*
COFFEE!!

Wait a minute... You didn't just walk here, did you? One does not simply walk into Sockdom!

Wink

The-Masked-Layer

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:21 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
cafn8d wrote:
Coffee?
Coffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffee
coffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffee
coffeecoffeecoffee!
*breath*
COFFEE!!

Wink

SOLD! I'll listen to anything Boromir or Ned Stark says!

The-Masked-Layer

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:25 pm   Reply with quote         

THE SOCK POLICE!!! They got me! Shocked

Designed2522

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:26 pm   Reply with quote         

So I have been here since 2005.... I talked to so many people, made many friends. I have posted over 200 contests, talked on Chat, posted friendly forums and not so friendly forum, took part in the sharing of xmass cards, competed in H2H's... I have done it all.... and yet no offer of a SOCK..... Sad

What does a man have to do to get some credablilty around this joint.... I guess i'll just PM Kittie.... Smile

The-Masked-Layer

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Designed2522 wrote:
So I have been here since 2005.... I talked to so many people, made many friends. I have posted over 200 contests, talked on Chat, posted friendly forums and not so friendly forum, took part in the sharing of xmass cards, competed in H2H's... I have done it all.... and yet no offer of a SOCK..... Sad

What does a man have to do to get some credablilty around this joint.... I guess i'll just PM Kittie.... Smile

We will have sock application ready by December 1st. A new thread will be created and an online PDF application will be available for your download. If you want to hit the ground running, you're going to need three letters of reference, a petition signed by 5o members, your two most recent paystubs, a urine sample, and one unwashed sock that you have worn within the past two weeks. The review process will take anywhere fro 6 to 8 weeks. If you are informed of your acceptance, we will begin sock production. You should count on the entire process taking about 1 year. If you have any questions, please contact a member of The Grand PSC Sock Council.

Thank you for your interest. We hope to hear from you soon.

Reagrds,

The Masked Layer
Laughing

anfa

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Designed2522 wrote:

Pssssst! You smell funny mate. Laughing

cafn8d

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:42 pm   Reply with quote         

The-Masked-Layer wrote:
cafn8d wrote:

Oh, I understand. It's just that an explanation of the importance of socks is not readily available. So, to an outsider, they just look like cute little caricature socks. The significance is not indicated anywhere but in the deep recesses of forum posts. The idea of sock chaos.... now, bear with me here... sounds... uh.... well.... a little on the ridiculous side to someone who did not witness the bestowing of any socks. It all reminds me of Dr. Seuss's Sneetches. Laughing

Well, I will certainly collaborate in a rejuvenated sock production effort! I don't think we have to worry about anything getting out of hand. There aren't that many new people on board, and the ones who would go through the effort of acquiring a sock probably have already earned one by being a participating, voting member. Rest assured, I wouldn't hand a sock to someone who just walked through the door (although I do that in the real world- out of pure necessity, mind you). Raising Brow

Socks aren't "important," but they've always been desirable. Yes, just like the Sneetch stars. Laughing You may well be right, that new membership (since the last batch of socks) is quite small, so the sock-demanding mob may well be manageable. These things do have a tendency of snowballing, though. All I have to go on is how things happened before with "official" Socks. When Cynn first started making her signature sock puppets for the PSC populace, beyond her first ones for closer e-friends, she was inundated with requests, far more than she could keep up with. ReinMan and the administration at the time stepped in to help sort things out. Voila, the tradition of "Sock Laws" was born. Are they "needed" now? I don't know, but it seems like a good idea to avoid hurt feelings.

anfa

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:47 pm   Reply with quote         

The-Masked-Layer wrote:
Designed2522 wrote:

We will have sock application ready by December 1st. A new thread will be created and an online PDF application will be available for your download. If you want to hit the ground running, you're going to need three letters of reference, a petition signed by 5o members, your two most recent paystubs, a urine sample, and one unwashed sock that you have worn within the past two weeks. The review process will take anywhere fro 6 to 8 weeks. If you are informed of your acceptance, we will begin sock production. You should count on the entire process taking about 1 year. If you have any questions, please contact a member of The Grand PSC Sock Council.

Thank you for your interest. We hope to hear from you soon.

Reagrds,

The Masked Layer
Laughing

Don't forget to fill out forms 32a and 32b and sign and date them in the correct places. Laughing

Designed2522

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:55 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
Designed2522 wrote:

Pssssst! You smell funny mate. Laughing

I would hope so...... i want to be a flippin SOCK!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Socks - Reply to topic