Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Open Letter to pscbuzzz - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Tesore

Post Fri May 31, 2013 7:36 am   Reply with quote         

Dear Sir,

The website Photoshopcontest united people who love to chop. But there is more. If you send in your entries, write on the Forum etc. you make new friends all over the world and become a Photoshop-family after all those years. And you should be the head of that family and keep us together. It’s not that difficult at all. Give us entertainment and games and we will love to stay. We also would enjoy your ideas and comments in the forum now and then.
What’s happened with the mods (Eve for president!) ? Where is Grefix? Why did you take away all his mod rights? This site needs people like him. Why are there no special Contests anymore?

Like:

H2H (head-to-head contest)
2012 – 58 participants!
2011 – 79 participants

Reunion 2012
http://photoshopcontest.com/photoshop-contest/1000823/reunion-2012-mac-mini.html?o=votes
45 participants

2010 Spring Reunion Contest
http://photoshopcontest.com/photoshop-contest/1000019/2010-spring-reunion-contest.html?l=&o=votes
71 participants!

Santa Contest
2012 – 27 participants
2011 – 34 participants
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=19150

And many more! If you own a website for photoshoppers… you want them to participate and enjoy the contests i.m.o. Don’t you noticed that al lot of all those nice and talented people leave this site? Maybe you don’t care, but I’m very sad about it ... and many more people with me.

Some of the complains:
• No more special contests
• No more special prizes
• People have to wait way to long on their price money
• People pay for advantage have to wait too long before they get advantage

I'm worried sick, all there is left to say now is: Can I help/do something to make things better?
Please let us know what’s going on?

Sincerely yours,

Paola / aka Tesore

shane.e.randall

Post Fri May 31, 2013 7:41 am   Reply with quote         

I Agree!

Post Fri May 31, 2013 8:17 am   Reply with quote         

Well said P.
salut Bow Hug bounce

annajon

Post Fri May 31, 2013 10:07 am   Reply with quote         

Tarmac

Post Fri May 31, 2013 10:18 am   Reply with quote         

cringer8

Post Fri May 31, 2013 10:25 am   Reply with quote         

Yes. We need some sign of interest from the ownership. When nothing new is being offered, things become stale.

Shake it up a bit. If ending the weekly prize contests would help, I'm all for it. It was a good idea, but it didn't really bolster traffic. Try something new Wink

blue_lurker

Post Fri May 31, 2013 11:42 am   Reply with quote         

I agree but just remember every thing you mentioned on your list was started, run and organized by the members...Da Management did very little but authorize a few special needs...just say is all.

Tesore

Post Fri May 31, 2013 12:02 pm   Reply with quote         

I know Blue... but without Grefix we can't do much. No H2H, no Santa Contest, etc.
But only whining is not a solution.

Without that tech stuff, I do what I can.

And Cringer is right... we don't need prizes for the daily contests. But it would be nice for the Big Contests!
A year advantage would be great for most people.

*steps of the soapbox for the next speaker*

sonic3

Post Fri May 31, 2013 4:14 pm   Reply with quote         

I messaged PSCBUZZ a week ago, and it's still sitting in my outbox waiting to be read.
If the owners have this level of enthusiasm, its not surprising others are the same.

Post Fri May 31, 2013 8:51 pm   Reply with quote         

sonic3 wrote:
I messaged PSCBUZZ a week ago, and it's still sitting in my outbox waiting to be read.
If the owners have this level of enthusiasm, its not surprising others are the same.

Shocked Shocked

I am really shocked of this .. I totally agree with tesore ...
but what can we say about this ... We love this website and that's why we are avoiding these mistakes .but this open message from tesore showed us the real meaning of Photoshopcontest .. ((Our home))

Classic website

blue_lurker

Post Fri May 31, 2013 9:36 pm   Reply with quote         

http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=15755
Have a read...see what ya think...give it a go...

Tommeken

Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:56 am   Reply with quote         

another way to take PSCBUZZ by the balls is to cut off he's profit....start a new photoshop website.... with leaders/owners/moderators you guys want....

if i get banned for saying balls...so be it, sadly enough i lost my interest at psc a long time ago (still love you guys tho)
the only thing i look at now and then is the forums and thats it....i do like the H2H and the scavhunt
ignore my opinion if you guys think i do not belong here

Tesore

Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:26 am   Reply with quote         

Of course you belong here, Tom!
But your solution is very radical Laughing

> Blue: Shane start a contest. Yay! Wink

seamusoisin

Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:19 am   Reply with quote         

Value: $23,700.00

4,770 visitors / day, 143,100 visitors / month, 1,717,200 visitors / year, 23,712 pageviews / day, 711,360 pageviews / month, 8,536,320 pageviews / year

So there is some value here, but this begs the question what percentage is PSC of the value of the holding company? It is most probably minimal thus the minimum attention. I am guessing that evry cent from advantage, ads is being reaped for profit. Slow contest payment no surprise here. Come on folks, think.
Now who or what is PSC Buzz? Is it a name that others at this company can access? Is he really one person?

I seem to remember that this was bought from the other fab Sarcasm owner we had and in one thread somebody wrote that this was one of many websites that they owned.

Now Tommeken has the right idea and ban me if you wish but if dbbowling can run a photowalk on Facebook why not just abandon this place and get him or a couple of avid members to run a photocontest on (I can't believe I am going to say this) on Facebook. Crickers I'll even join. Laughing . Now the Reindude has my email if I get banned so I can stay in touch. In the words of W.C. Fields "Give him an evasive answer, tell him to go Fark himself"

I reluctantly renewed my advantage in what apperars a futile hope that things would improve. Alas this is not the case and I doubt it ever will.

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
johndownunder

Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:10 am   Reply with quote         

Take a look at this old chop and what do you see.People getting together for a good time. Another guy call Buzz was involved and played his part. Photoshopcontest.com is a business but it's much more it's a link joining artists from around the world together to enjoy each others creativity imagination and friendship. It's also a great educational site where many novices develop there skills i know i am still learning and most of my learning has been derived from the many accomplished artists on this site. If PC Buzz chooses to put himself in the picture he might find it pretty rewarding.The more interestng and enjoyable the site is the greater the customer base will be. When it comes to business revenue is important but that can only be enhanced by creating customer satisfaction and attracting new members. So Buzz put yourself in the picture it cant do no harm. Thanks to Paola for her open letter lets hope Buzz gets more involved it would be to his benifit as well as members.

JDU

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Open Letter to pscbuzzz - Reply to topic