Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Moderators: Who has uploaded this source? - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

ShootHerman

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:14 am   Reply with quote         

I thought I had uploaded this image but The Burning Couch says something else. It says so in the "Source Image" site when Im logged in on my site and I remember even taken a shot of this pavement.
Can you please find out? Shocked Rolling Eyes Smile

http://photoshopcontest.com/photoshop-contest/1001290/pavement-convergence.html

ShootHerman

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:28 am   Reply with quote         

I took the image. It's highly improbable that we both took the same picture unless you happened to be in St Paul in 2009. If you would like to see the EXIF data, I could upload it, later. I'm sure it was taken with my Panasonic Lumix TZ5, I just have to find the file.
Don't worry, I'm not angry, just puzzled.

*!*

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:07 am   Reply with quote         

the burning couch wrote:
I took the image. It's highly improbable that we both took the same picture unless you happened to be in St Paul in 2009. If you would like to see the EXIF data, I could upload it, later. I'm sure it was taken with my Panasonic Lumix TZ5, I just have to find the file.

*!*

No problem. I wasnt in St Paul in 2009.
I have to check my image archive myself. Im sure I have taken an image close to this one. Probably not this one I understand, but it looks like it.Wink

SH

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:51 am   Reply with quote         

No I took the image with my Nokia phone in 2008, and I'm angry. Evil or Very Mad

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:07 am   Reply with quote         

The 'original' contest where this image first came up is credited to the Smoldering Sofa
http://photoshopcontest.com/photoshop-contest/1001224/various-surfaces.html

The two images are not 100% identical, they are slightly offset, which may mean they were taken in a burst (2 or 3 together).

August 22 contest (credited to TheBC)
37622789bbb995b05c747523e9d0f92b61949a91228094.jpg
no EXIF information

October 9 contest (credited to ShootHerman)
334676403aeff30fd406354e3bd825502cf10b7243532.jpg
EXIF information:
Camera: Panasonic DMC-TZ1
Date taken: 2011-11-16 13:48:50
Date modified: 2013-05-08 11:53:52
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS6 (Macintosh)

My best guess: TBC submitted both images, one got deleted from the queue due to repetition. An actual ShootHerman image was preselected for the SpeedChop, then the matrix glitched and the long random number assigned to the source matched the deleted image.

There appears to be a glitch in the SpeedChop contest image selection. Some time ago we had Reinman's stove repeating over and over.

Mods don't have too much access to the internal thingamajigs that run the site. Perhaps BillTV or Supak0ma can shed some light.

My backup guess: ShootHerman copy/pasted the source to his PSC folder and forgot about it. He 'found' it later and despite not remembering how he took the photo, submitted it as his own source.

My conspiracy theory guess: ShoootHerman and BTC are aliases and the accounts master has concocted and odd mystery theatre to bring some excitement to PSC.

ShootHerman

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:14 am   Reply with quote         

Anyway, the whole thing is strange.
I still have to check out my iPhoto images at home. I obviously did not take the image, but I have taken an image that looks like it.Wink

IŽll be back. Laughing Laughing Shocked Shocked

SH

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:00 am   Reply with quote         

SHE'S A WITCH!!!

BURN HER!!!

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:42 am   Reply with quote         

Whateva

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viaTT859Yk0[/youtube]

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:06 pm   Reply with quote         

[quote="shane.e.randall"]Whateva

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viaTT859Yk0[/youtube][/quote

Hehehe! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Shocked Very Happy Very Happy
Funny Shane.Smile

I will find the image. I just have to chop it. Hehe.
Nope, Im serious, I will find it. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:20 pm   Reply with quote         

So, to recap, the curb is the new stove..... and in two weeks we will have another curb stove to work on.

drunken Hug bounce - can't wait - Banana

ShootHerman

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:01 pm   Reply with quote         

the burning couch wrote:

*!*

This screenshot is taken from my iPhoto:

And I see it got the image size: 1280x960. I have to admit that the size are the exactly the same size used at psc.com so I have mostly downloaded the image on my iPhone and later connected the iPhone to the iMac and then copyed it over into iPhoto. And there it is.

Soooooooo tbc Confused Im sorry for the false words I have been telling here at psc.com.

I have earlier told you folks here that I have taken an image close to this image. I have, but not this one. Rolling Eyes Shocked

Anyway, I will now go and fix the text under the image in the contest. I have NOT taken that image.
Sometimes I think to myself: Am I that old?! Senile and things.... Laughing Laughing Shocked Shocked Not yet. Laughing Razz Confused

SH

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:36 pm   Reply with quote         

ShootHerman wrote:
the burning couch wrote:

*!*

This screenshot is taken from my iPhoto:

And I see it got the image size: 1280x960. I have to admit that the size are the exactly the same size used at psc.com so I have mostly downloaded the image on my iPhone and later connected the iPhone to the iMac and then copyed it over into iPhoto. And there it is.

Soooooooo tbc Confused Im sorry for the false words I have been telling here at psc.com.

I have earlier told you folks here that I have taken an image close to this image. I have, but not this one. Rolling Eyes Shocked

Anyway, I will now go and fix the text under the image in the contest. I have NOT taken that image.
Sometimes I think to myself: Am I that old?! Senile and things.... Laughing Laughing Shocked Shocked Not yet. Laughing Razz Confused

SH

There was a similar thing that happened with Kitte and Ken with a sink drain image. Turned out they were 2 different images, they were put side by side too.

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:21 pm   Reply with quote         

...and now I have uploaded 14 new images to psc.com.
None of the belong to tbc... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Again tbc, sorry for the "trouble". Shocked

SH

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:40 pm   Reply with quote         

ShootHerman wrote:
...I have to admit that the size are the exactly the same size used at psc.com so I have mostly downloaded the image on my iPhone and later connected the iPhone to the iMac and then copyed it over into iPhoto. And there it is....

Ha! See my backup guess above.
vokaris wrote:
My backup guess: ShootHerman copy/pasted the source to his PSC folder and forgot about it. He 'found' it later and despite not remembering how he took the photo, submitted it as his own source.

To add to the mystery, TBC's image doesn't have any EXIF information. I repeated SH's 'workflow' (without the iPhoto part) - save source image to iphone, transfer to computer. The iPhone added some generic EXIF information (size, resolution, color space). This doesn't quite explain the full EXIF inforrmation in SH's source.

Working hypothesis: Looking closely at the right-hand side of SH's "source" there is a column of odd pixels. It appears that SH had opened a different photo (taken with a Panasonic DMC-TZ1 camera), TBC's image was copy/pasted onto the Panasonic photo, slightly off, flattened and resaved.

ShootHerman

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:50 pm   Reply with quote         

...and of course, sorry I forgot, thank you vokaris for the help.Smile

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Moderators: Who has uploaded this source? - Reply to topic