Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Is there any way ... - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Tarmac

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:52 am   Reply with quote         

Is there any way … to get a tune out of your head that refuses to leave? Evil or Very Mad I was plagued by a tormenting tune that refused to pay rent or leave. So I spent the entire day pounding out on a keyboard what I couldn’t whistle, couldn’t hum, and damn well couldn’t sing either.

I was successful. The dragon tune is now slain ... gone from my head. There's no need for a lobotomy now. I documented everything with a how to video detailing the way I got back to blissful quiet sanity.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr9OsjIqy_Q[/youtube]

Luxwiz

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:02 am   Reply with quote         

Yes Bob,nice demo,and cool final tune btw...I have gone through this but I use a guitar for the second step.The creative process works in mysterious ways eh ! Smile

Tarmac

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:17 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks Luis. I tried instruments first but it didn't work. Not until I could hear my self gurgle out the tune, was I able to make it escape my brain. Sometimes, the creative muse we serve, can be a hard ass bitch to work with. Sad

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:26 am   Reply with quote         

cool work

papavales

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:17 pm   Reply with quote         

most of my songs inspired from a tune stuck in my head. The best tunes came in my dreams, so i got up quick record my voice like you and the other day guitar it like Luxwiz. Recorded it in Nuendo and from there fun part goes on. Smile

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:47 pm   Reply with quote         

papavales wrote:
most of my songs inspired from a tune stuck in my head. The best tunes came in my dreams, so i got up quick record my voice like you and the other day guitar it like Luxwiz. Recorded it in Nuendo and from there fun part goes on. Smile

hey cool didnīt know you play guitar too thumright we should get a PSC band happening Laughing

Post Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:

hey cool didnīt know you play guitar too thumright we should get a PSC band happening Laughing

Not so bad idea actually. Sort of like add one thing...thing. For example someone can post some drum loops, than someone else can add first instrument, someone else another...simple recording. nothing fancy.
just saying.
Cool

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:48 am   Reply with quote         

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:58 am   Reply with quote         

BSmatic wrote:
Luxwiz wrote:

Not so bad idea actually. Sort of like add one thing...thing. For example someone can post some drum loops, than someone else can add first instrument, someone else another...simple recording. nothing fancy.
just saying.
Cool

Unfortunately I donīt have an adequate place to record OR the recording software,although this I could get somewhere.But it's a great idea.

Tarmac

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:23 pm   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
BSmatic wrote:
Luxwiz wrote:

just saying.
Cool

Unfortunately I donīt have an adequate place to record OR the recording software,although this I could get somewhere.But it's a great idea.
I know some great indie musicians over at soundcloud that use their iPhone or smart phone almost exclusively for sound recording and do all their DAW stuff that way as well. The chief benefit is, that its cheap, just a few bucks per app, versus hundreds of $$ for equivalent desktop software.

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:41 pm   Reply with quote         

queenofnightsky wrote:

I thought this thread was dead DeadBanana
Thanks for response.
I use "box" to post sound files - it's free and easy to download (if needed).
terrible example
https://app.box.com/s/ovk7tt4apl6jfn2bq63t

As for the recording i didn't have anything decent either. Used to plug guitar in line in, play something(drums) trough winamp (or whatever) and record it with all sound recorder or anything similar...so, no separated channels, horrible latency, plain sound card...but that is not the point. Pair of tin cans and rope would do if you just do it for the fun Cool

Luxwiz

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:05 pm   Reply with quote         

BSmatic wrote:
queenofnightsky wrote:

I thought this thread was dead DeadBanana
Thanks for response.
I use "box" to post sound files - it's free and easy to download (if needed).
terrible example
https://app.box.com/s/ovk7tt4apl6jfn2bq63t

As for the recording i didn't have anything decent either. Used to plug guitar in line in, play something(drums) trough winamp (or whatever) and record it with all sound recorder or anything similar...so, no separated channels, horrible latency, plain sound card...but that is not the point. Pair of tin cans and rope would do if you just do it for the fun Cool

Iīm from very oldskool recording era...band playing in basement through old valve amps & recorded live through a cassette ghetto blaster (and that was an upgrade from dadīs old grundig reel to reel) sitting on top of some shelf. I actually have a box full of these old recordings from the mid seventies and some still spin and you actually get sound from them Laughing

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:

Iīm from very oldskool recording era...band playing in basement through old valve amps & recorded live through a cassette ghetto blaster (and that was an upgrade from dadīs old grundig reel to reel) sitting on top of some shelf. I actually have a box full of these old recordings from the mid seventies and some still spin and you actually get sound from them Laughing

I hear you Laughing
I was so glad when tapes finally went to drain.
Press record and play on tape...you can hear bass and guitar and say "it's not so bad" and when drummer hits first beat level drops for about 80% and whole thing sound like some swamp bowel movement.

Luxwiz

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:12 pm   Reply with quote         

BSmatic wrote:
Luxwiz wrote:

I hear you Laughing
I was so glad when tapes finally went to drain.
Press record and play on tape...you can hear bass and guitar and say "it's not so bad" and when drummer hits first beat level drops for about 80% and whole thing sound like some swamp bowel movement.

Iīve digitized a few and tried to edit some with programs like Goldwave etc. but since all the sound is on one track it's almost impossible to get any worthwhile improvement.Maybe equalize,desaturate somewhat and take out a bit of background noise is about it.But you know what if you clean up that sound too much it seems too sound worse.I kind of got to like that crude,grungy sound (within reason,not to the extent of "swamp bowel movement" - good expression,some do sound like that) when I listen to a lot of the old tapes again.It's nostalgic,kinda like the old vinyl records with all the scratches and skips on them from party abuse.Like the snow and wavy lines on the old black and white tvs when the channels went out of frequency.Sometimes the old imperfections are what you miss most in this digital age where a lot of things become seemingly sterile trying to achieve perfection.But obviously there are many advantages to digital over analog also...for example the ease of editing audio or visual

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:

Iīve digitized a few and tried to edit some with programs like Goldwave etc. but since all the sound is on one track it's almost impossible to get any worthwhile improvement.Maybe equalize,desaturate somewhat and take out a bit of background noise is about it.But you know what if you clean up that sound too much it seems too sound worse.I kind of got to like that crude,grungy sound (within reason,not to the extent of "swamp bowel movement" - good expression,some do sound like that) when I listen to a lot of the old tapes again.It's nostalgic,kinda like the old vinyl records with all the scratches and skips on them from party abuse.Like the snow and wavy lines on the old black and white tvs when the channels went out of frequency.Sometimes the old imperfections are what you miss most in this digital age where a lot of things become seemingly sterile trying to achieve perfection.But obviously there are many advantages to digital over analog also...for example the ease of editing audio or visual

You can always digitally insert some scratching noises if you missing them Cool
I know - forever analog Vs digital + sentiments
One guy over here just spent insane amount of money for few parts of Neve 8078 for his home studio combined with expensive Mac, high end gadgets, microphones and drum set balancing on hundred tennis balls...if it's old and useless it can always be vintage and priceless,and if it's new and shiny, it should be relic'd... i think 99% of self proclaimed musicians are wackos Laughing

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Is there any way ... - Reply to topic