Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - PSC Inquisition welcomes a new member - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:46 am   Reply with quote         

A crucifixion of a new member http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/199314/the-brave-cat.html and less than a slap on the wrist for same shit http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/199079/majestic-guards.html So exciting bounce

OneChiefRocker

Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:55 am   Reply with quote         

You shot Herman!

Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Yarilo wrote:
A crucifixion of a new member http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/199314/the-brave-cat.html and less than a slap on the wrist for same shit http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/199079/majestic-guards.html So exciting bounce

i think Tarmac just did the right thing, to say how it works here

Tarmac

Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:09 pm   Reply with quote         

corneel wrote:
Yarilo wrote:

i think Tarmac just did the right thing, to say how it works here

Yarlo, The PSC cops around here, are the mod’s. I’m just a member. If you see something that rubs you the wrong way in the comps, pick your fight and dig in. In other words, if Herman’s entry needed further clarification before you cast a vote, you should have asked him about your concerns in the comments for others to see and think about as well. When I voted for Herman’s entry, I looked how the source image was used. Herman’s entry had an abundance of source in his entry, and was well integrated with the theme he chose. I didn’t question anything else, but you should have, if you saw something wrong.

Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:55 pm   Reply with quote         

I did not have a reason to question Herman's entry at the time. As a matter a fact, I liked it. It was a great entry and Herman won. kinetic_be discovered that Herman used other artist's photoshoped work for the background, after the contest. I felt cheated. By not posting a source Herman led me to belief that he created the background himself. I let it slide, even though I did not like his explanation. As a consequence, I rarely, if ever, vote for Herman's work. I just had to react in this case. I agree it is wrong to use outside source in this manner. To my eye, they both did wrong. Only difference is that a new guy took much more beating than experienced member for doing a same thing. I felt that's not fair. As billtvshow told me once, "it's not cool man" would be much more appropriate in this situation. Cheers

anfa

Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Yarilo wrote:
I did not have a reason to question Herman's entry at the time. As a matter a fact, I liked it. It was a great entry and Herman won. kinetic_be discovered that Herman used other artist's photoshoped work for the background, after the contest. I felt cheated. By not posting a source Herman led me to belief that he created the background himself. I let it slide, even though I did not like his explanation. As a consequence, I rarely, if ever, vote for Herman's work. I just had to react in this case. I agree it is wrong to use outside source in this manner. To my eye, they both did wrong. Only difference is that a new guy took much more beating than experienced member for doing a same thing. I felt that's not fair. As billtvshow told me once, "it's not cool man" would be much more appropriate in this situation. Cheers

Crap! I agree with you on something. If one gets called out for doing something that could be considered cheating, everyone else that does it has to be called out on it too.

Tarmac

Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:15 pm   Reply with quote         

I believe our new member knew what he was doing. Looking at other entries he did for a ratio of source to photoshopped work, shows he knew what trickery he was doing. If you look closely at his entry in question and the source, you’ll see that only the cat’s eyes were pasted in (and part of the snout and nose .. (thank you luis)). Everything else remained the original artist's work. After being caught, he compounded more mistrust by attempting to fool everyone, by saying he had given credit to the artist who did all the work all a long. Which he only added in later.

As for Herman, I think chicanery applies here too. Not citing the elements he used were photoshopped by someone else before he used them. The best practices here is to use ordinary, non-photoshopped elements, and manipulate them into the source artistically yourself. So yes, you have a good point.

Last word, PSC is a peer reviewed process. During the Ol’ PSC days, nothing got by anyone, because everyone was looking, re-examining, asking how did you do that, learning off each other. Today I think we are a bit too chummy with each other, and just let things slide.

Luxwiz

Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Tarmac wrote:
I believe our new member knew what he was doing. Looking at other entries he did for a ratio of source to photoshopped work, shows he knew what trickery he was doing. If you look closely at his entry in question and the source, you’ll see that only the cat’s eyes were pasted in (and part of the snout and nose) Cool . Everything else remained the original artist's work. After being caught, he compounded more mistrust by attempting to fool everyone, by saying he had given credit to the artist who did all the work all a long. Which he only added in later.

As for Herman, I think chicanery applies here too. Not citing the elements he used were photoshopped by someone else before he used them. The best practices here is to use ordinary, non-photoshopped elements, and manipulate them into the source artistically yourself. So yes, you have a good point.

Last word, PSC is a peer reviewed process. During the Ol’ PSC days, nothing got by anyone, because everyone was looking, re-examining, asking how did you do that, learning off each other. Today I think we are a bit too chummy with each other, and just let things slide.

I think it would be a good idea for people not to vote for entries that use other people's photoshopped work in their image,unless they include links to the externals and give rightful credit to the author.

Tarmac

Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
Tarmac wrote:
I believe our new member knew what he was doing. Looking at other entries he did for a ratio of source to photoshopped work, shows he knew what trickery he was doing. If you look closely at his entry in question and the source, you’ll see that only the cat’s eyes were pasted in (and part of the snout and nose) Cool . Everything else remained the original artist's work. After being caught, he compounded more mistrust by attempting to fool everyone, by saying he had given credit to the artist who did all the work all a long. Which he only added in later.

I think it would be a good idea for people not to vote for entries that use other people's photoshopped work in their image,unless they include links to the externals and give rightful credit to the author.

Thumbs up idea

Post Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:23 am   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
I think it would be a good idea for people not to vote for entries that use other people's photoshopped work in their image,unless they include links to the externals and give rightful credit to the author.[/quote]

OneChiefRocker

Post Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:26 am   Reply with quote         

"Let a fool hold his tongue and he will pass for a sage."

Publilius Syrus

Post Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:50 am   Reply with quote         

OneChiefRocker wrote:
"Let a fool hold his tongue and he will pass for a sage."

Publilius Syrus

Shocked

Post Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:05 am   Reply with quote         

This thread headed in the right direction up to a pointless comment, intended solely to cut off the discussion. Cutting off the treads is unfortunate practice of PSC. Really sad. Sad as the actions of the members mentioned here. I could cut some slack to a new member, simply for a reason of being new, but there is no excuse for experienced member. Even when caught cheating, Herman gave an FY explanation. It tells a lot about his character. It's not sliding this time.

papavales

Post Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:25 am   Reply with quote         

I used 99.9% stock images(non photshopped), because i want to improve my skills and creativity. I think i have used already manipulated images 2 times in 347 entries. Votes is the only thing that matters for most people and i don't blame them

Post Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:52 am   Reply with quote         

peace Very Happy

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - PSC Inquisition welcomes a new member - Reply to topic