Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - photoshopcontest.com Testing on New server required - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

MsgtBob

Post Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:42 pm   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro

Post Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:11 pm   Reply with quote         

rajan wrote:
Chat Paging issue resolved
Emoticons links made working

Sorry, rajan, but chat is still not working. Cannot post text. Emoticons are now displayed, but can't be inserted. Screen elements are still duplicated.

SplatShot

Post Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:09 pm   Reply with quote         

rajan wrote:
We are looking into it

"Hot Chops" Home Page top right table is not displaying. Error message when link is clicked "HTTP ERROR 500"

Tawiskaro

Post Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:06 pm   Reply with quote         

mikey wrote:
Blue truck won't update edit yet.

I think this is the same problem Mikey reported . I tried updating an entry and received this error:

This page isn’t workingphotoshopcontest.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

This appears to be a browser error message rather than an internal PSC error message.

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:55 am   Reply with quote         

The source image page is also not working. There are images lined up in the Source Voting Pool, but they don't show up in the voting page

MsgtBob

Post Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Comments and votes I made are not showing on a couple entries in the C-130 on Ice contest.

SplatShot

Post Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:10 pm   Reply with quote         

rajan wrote:
We are looking into it

Submitted an entry into the Hogsmeade Contest. Could not edit the entry (Image) and managed to submit a second updated entry. Please delete the first entry, of which I was able to post the message "Please Delete This Entry" in the Title and in the description dialog box.
Thanks!

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:21 pm   Reply with quote         

Site running on fumes, bits and pieces are breaking. It was fun while it lasted.

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:26 pm   Reply with quote         

Moderator tools are not working either, getting SQL error. I emailed rajan, and sent pm to pscbuzz

SplatShot

Post Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:31 pm   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:
Site running on fumes, bits and pieces are breaking. It was fun while it lasted.

I think it will survive, just some broken code (needle in a hay stack) lines Smile

MsgtBob

Post Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Tried voting with comment, and then just comment by itself, on Ukraine skyline entry in Grand Canyon Gawkers contest. neither worked.

SplatShot

Post Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:02 pm   Reply with quote         

MsgtBob wrote:
Tried voting with comment, and then just comment by itself, on Ukraine skyline entry in Grand Canyon Gawkers contest. neither worked.

I've recently been able to vote with comment, still unable to edit/update my image entry though.
The grammar protection seems to be active now, so make sure not to use forbidden characters.

Tawiskaro

Post Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:01 pm   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:

Bits and pieces aren't breaking. When one updates software and moves it to a new platform, glitches are to be expected. The reported problems all seem fixable. Some fixes may take a bit longer than others, but as long as users report them with specificity, the developers will have an easier time of it. By specificity I mean, "I clicked this button on this page and this error message appeared." "Still having problems uploading entries," and the like don't help much. Cite the problem and provide as much detail as possible. Try to reproduce the problem. Screen captures are very helpful.

Management seems intent on continuing to operate this site. That is encouraging. Once the recent software kinks have been ironed out, we should consider recommending a few simple changes that would improve PSC's functionality. For instance, repairing the duplicate entry issue. There are perhaps a dozen fixes and minor improvements I could suggest that would not be labor-intensive or time-consuming to address.

After that, it would be nice to discuss how to increase participation. I have an idea that might accomplish that without too much effort. If anyone is interested, I'll write it up and post it on a separate thread.

PSC has been fun and can continue to be fun.

Post Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:42 am   Reply with quote         

Why is the hour changed from 14.00 to 10.00 brussel time for ending comp.

MsgtBob

Post Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:45 pm   Reply with quote         

On Iron Basket contest, one of my votes with comment worked, the other did not (just vote count went up). Looked at others I have voted/commented on. Voting (even with comments) works on advantage members, and voting (without comments) works on non-advantage members, but voting (with comments) does not work on non-advantage members (only vote count goes up).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - photoshopcontest.com Testing on New server required - Reply to topic