Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - photoshopcontest.com Testing on New server required - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:52 am   Reply with quote         

Voting for new sources is still broken. Images and, supposedly, votes are appearing on the page, but these sources are not automatically set up in the new future contests.

Contests are automatically set up far in the future, about one year in advance, but starting in February we will see many 'empty' contests, unless rajan manually adds source images and titles.

Post Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:17 am   Reply with quote         

ledirlo wrote:
chat double box has been fixed but still doesn't work, it doesn't post

Chat is now fully functional

Post Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:24 am   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:
Voting for new sources is still broken. Images and, supposedly, votes are appearing on the page, but these sources are not automatically set up in the new future contests.

Contests are automatically set up far in the future, about one year in advance, but starting in February we will see many 'empty' contests, unless rajan manually adds source images and titles.

We have
till 11 Nov 2023 and new contests are setting up automatically see this
and are dropping of the voting page. We just need to submit more originals and vote for them. No new original image is posted except the one I posted.

Post Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:19 am   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
I left a vote with words on Bridge Support/The Onlooker yesterday but it doesn't show although the vote count shows. Hmm
Possibly my words contained an apostrophe

What does PSC have against apostrophes? Shocked

This has already been fixed on Nov 14

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:29 pm   Reply with quote         

rajan wrote:
Eve wrote:
I left a vote with words on Bridge Support/The Onlooker yesterday but it doesn't show although the vote count shows. Hmm

And I thank you, Rajan. My post was dated on November 9.
However, I cannot use apostrophes in da chat

Post Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:00 am   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
rajan wrote:
Eve wrote:

And I thank you, Rajan. My post was dated on November 9.
However, I cannot use apostrophes in da chat

Try now

Tawiskaro

Post Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:06 pm   Reply with quote         

NEW PROBLEM:

I clicked Vote on an entry in today's contest and received an error message. I didn't copy it, but it stated something like, "You must enter text to leave a comment."

I thought I must have mistakenly clicked the Comment button, so I returned to the entry and clicked Vote. I then received an error indicating I had already voted for the entry. My available vote count was 24, and the contest entry thumbnail was "fogged", indicating I had, indeed, voted.

I will try to reproduce the error later.

Post Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:16 am   Reply with quote         

rajan wrote:
Hello

We reworked on photoshopcontest.com to make it run on the latest version of PHP. We updated all required files and hosted it on a new server. We have done initial testing and it seems to be working fine. Now we want your help to test thoroughly. We also need some mods to test the backend.

We will be providing 3month, 6month, 1year free PSC advantage to selected persons.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Rajan

We are close to completing our shift to a new server. Many thanks and 1 year advantage extension to vokaris and Tawiskaro, 6 month advantage/advantage extension to SplatShot, genesis2. Let me know if I missed any and you guys want to donate this prize.

SplatShot

Post Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:40 pm   Reply with quote         

rajan wrote:

We are close to completing our shift to a new server. Many thanks and 1 year advantage extension to vokaris and Tawiskaro, 6 month advantage/advantage extension to SplatShot, genesis2. Let me know if I missed any and you guys want to donate this prize.

THANKS, Rajan! Totally unexpected but greatly appreciated. I shall enjoy Very Happy

Tawiskaro

Post Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks, Rajan!

Post Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:55 am   Reply with quote         

SplatShot wrote:
rajan wrote:

THANKS, Rajan! Totally unexpected but greatly appreciated. I shall enjoy Very Happy

Advantage Extended, Enjoy!!

Post Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:55 am   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:
Thanks, Rajan!

Advantage Extended, thank you

genesis2

Post Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:11 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks Rajan, but I don't feel like I did enough to earn anything.

Post Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:10 am   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro

Post Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Rajan, here is an example of the character substitution I mentioned earlier:

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/205132/voil.html

Is it possible that the fallback character (�) replaces unrecognized characters like the accented "a" in
"voilà", but only in certain contexts? Clearly the accented character works here, but not necessarily in titles and perhaps elsewhere. I just pasted "voilà" into the title box in one of my closed entries, but I did not reproduce the error. I don't have any open entries, so I can't test it further.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - photoshopcontest.com Testing on New server required - Reply to topic