Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - On Death and Dying (the Forums: Part Deux) - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

EJH

Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:14 am   Reply with quote         

Laughing

metalic

Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:15 am   Reply with quote         

I'm looking for someone's foot to shoot

Cynn

Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:27 am   Reply with quote         

Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:39 pm   Reply with quote         

I don't really get the issue regarding the Games pushing the other entries down. Last time I checked, it was listed in it's own "Fun & Games" category. All the games are doing is pushing other games down the list. So the whole point of games cluttering up the forum seems pretty pointless to me.

As for the new member introductions or the "Congrats" posts. That was on the old board and, although I admit they are very boring to read, they never caused problems before.

On a side note, personally, I feel that BadCop says some funny ass shit. As EJH said, he/she is amusing. That's my opinion anyway.

irishstu

Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Well, you're right to a point there Mr.Chopper, but the thing is that Fun & Games includes "fun" threads that do not get updated everyday, for example the lookalikes thread.

That's one example of a thread I started and had to do most of the work on to maintain (though thanks to all the others that have participated). Thing is, every time I (or anyone else) update it, it gets 'lost' within a few minutes when someone adds a new word to another of those threads. If we could see the top 5 threads like before, then it wouldn't matter, cos the lookalikes thread would only get pushed down to maybe 3rd or 4th place, but at least stay there for a while.

I still think it's valid for other categories too. I mean, imagine someone spends ages starting up a new thread in any category, and someone else updates one in the same category 5 seconds later. Not good, and very demotivational.

...currently experiencing some dysfunctional internal protocol problems.

http://diystrat.blogspot.com/
HandToolUK

Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:18 pm   Reply with quote         

I agree with stu about how easy it is for threads to get lost now, which is why I also agreed with Fugue's idea to restore the forum structure to show the most recently updated 5 or 6 threads in each category.

Hmm... going back a couple of posts for a minute... is Cynn giving us all the foot equivalent of "the finger"? ("the toe"?)... lol

Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:35 pm   Reply with quote         

Mr. Green Call it a Stupid Foot Trick. Some people can wiggle their ears. I can make a rude gesture with my foot. Laughing

Fugue

Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:01 am   Reply with quote         

I have to agree with Badcop's harsh but accurate way with words... though quite why he had to start a separate thread about it is beyond me!

Whassamatta? My thread not good enough for you and your high-falutin ego?!?!?! Nooo, have to go start your own thread. Pfffffft! Razz

...maybe it's just your way of expanding the forum content to look less dead. Hmmm?

Anyway, I especially agree that someone adding the word "clamp" to a game thread should not be front-page news. The solution is as Stu describes (and as also described in the other thread)

Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:10 am   Reply with quote         

sorry fugue

I liked your thread too much to spoil it with my "harsh" words.

You don't deserve the stain of hatred that follows me wherever I go like a one-armed
Chinaman in a hall of mirrors.

And although the above simile has absolutely no meaning, let me assure you I mean it when I say - no disrespect.

Cynn

Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:06 am   Reply with quote         

Badcop, the sensitive flaming alt. Tonight, on a very special PSC.com.

Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:43 am   Reply with quote         

Hurry, Cynn...

someone just posted an image of a seagull on your "picture battle" thread and you can finally put that Fabio portrait to good use.

scrolbar

Post Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:07 am   Reply with quote         

Dog love ya Badcop!

I have to ask. Why does the fact that some people think Badcop is an "alias" make his points less valid?

Are the writings of Mark Twain meaningless becuase that wasn't his "real" name?

Pseudonyms have been used for thousands of years.

Incidentally, Scrolbar isn't my real name!

Please interpret this post accordingly.

ronni3264

Post Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:22 am   Reply with quote         

HAPPINESS, PEACE, LOVE, JOY, HAPPINESS, PEACE, LOVE, JOY,HAPPINESS, PEACE, LOVE, JOY, HAPPINESS, PEACE, LOVE, JOY,HAPPINESS, PEACE, LOVE, JOY, HAPPINESS, PEACE, LOVE, JOY,HAPPINESS, PEACE, LOVE, JOY, HAPPINESS, PEACE, LOVE, JOY,HAPPINESS, PEACE, LOVE, JOY, HAPPINESS, PEACE, LOVE, JOY,HAPPINESS, PEACE, LOVE, JOY, HAPPINESS, PEACE, LOVE, JOY,HAPPINESS, PEACE, LOVE, JOY, HAPPINESS, PEACE, LOVE, JOY,HAPPINESS, PEACE, LOVE, JOY, HAPPINESS, PEACE, LOVE, JOY... Very Happy

EJH

Post Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Good point, scrolbar.

I think badcop rocks.

ScionShade

Post Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:08 am   Reply with quote         

EJH wrote:
Good point, scrolbar.

I think badcop rocks.
Ditto Very Happy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - On Death and Dying (the Forums: Part Deux) - Reply to topic